ThoughtWorks Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 6 reviews

5.0
ThoughtWorks CEO Guo Xiao
Guo Xiao

"A great consultant company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- consultant has a lot of says on what they want to do - great work life balance - management care a lot about the consultants - working with smart people - agile powerhouse - never send you alone to a client

Cons

- no clear career progression - pay review with no clear structure - might require a lot of travel.. but i don't have to do one even after 3 years

ThoughtWorks2017-03-15
  2. "Grow your connections and learn"

Former Employee - Senior Developer Consultant in Sydney
      No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great opportunity to grow your connections and learn a variety of different technologies in a short time frame. Colleagues are amazing to work with, and there are many opportunities to grow.

Cons

Being a consultant, many projects are difficult and not necessarily fun. For some, travel can be problematic. Similarly, software consulting requires people skills in addition to technical skills.

Advice to Management

Balance fun projects with cash-cow projects. Ensure staff are rotated off long running projects. Break the drinking culture and the peer pressure it entails.

ThoughtWorks2016-09-04

"Nice people and culture, pay ok"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It attracted a lot of nice people, and relatively without much office politics. Employees are smart, culture is very open and transparent, with some focus on good causes for the society, and did some nice projects.

Cons

Could be challenging for those who don't buy the company's culture and social focus. Pay for technical persons is ok but not very competitive for the talented consultants.

Advice to Management

Focus on the core strength of the business.

ThoughtWorks2014-07-27

"Great Company to pick up and learn new tools and technologies"

Current Employee - Senior QA Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Freedom to try new things - Get to learn new tools and technologies - Work with talented and smart people - Great employee benefits

Cons

- Would have liked to be paid more - Travel can get hectic

ThoughtWorks2013-01-28
    • "4 years here and I still feel like I'm learning most of the days"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are given a lot of responsibility and are empowered to take action on what you think it's appropriate, besides the mission of advocating for social and economic justice

Cons

Salaries are not top end of the market, and it's sometimes hard to identify your career path

ThoughtWorks2012-08-05

"Awesome people, awesome environment, hit and miss projects"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros

The community within ThoughtWorks is outstanding. Lots of very good developers who are very passionate about their work and want to share that knowledge around. The company management is very transparent about what its plans are and what is going on within Australia and around the world. Company is expanding quickly and feels like there are a lot of opportunities to go to new places and do new things.

Cons

Top end it consulting firm in Sydney means that a lot of the work that gets picked up is with customers who can pay for it which tend to be on the larger side. This can be frustrating when a lot of the most interesting work ou there is with the startups and small companies.

ThoughtWorks2012-05-08
    • "A place where you will know - Work is Fun.."

Current Employee - Senior QA Consultant in Hyderābād

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Been 7 years, I feel like joined 7 months back. Lively environment. Feedback culture is what keeps you shaping up. Good number of opportunities. Any tech/tool I'm passionate about, there is a work about it going on in TW. If I don't find interested tech stack in my project, I pick my own pet project and there is always a support from office and community.

Cons

People miss using the benefits and flexibility that company offers. When few things are let to happen on trust basis, we should live upto to maintain the trust. eg: No limited sick leaves, If we start to miss-use such things may be we see cut down on such policies.

Advice to Management

When we are hiring in big number I assume management ensures culture is not diluted.

ThoughtWorks2019-06-05

ThoughtWorks Response

June 11, 2019ThoughtWorker

Thank you for your review. We're glad you're enjoying ThoughtWorks as much as you did when you joined and are continuing to learn and grow! As you mentioned, as we scale it's important we retain the values and culture that we hold dear and we will continue to make efforts in this ...

• "Awesome work culture, loads to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hyderābād

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

free food, competitive salary, cutting edge tech

Cons

sometimes hierarchy in management can be bothersome

Advice to Management

Preserve the culture the way it was

ThoughtWorks2019-06-18
    • "Applications Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hyderābād

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flat hierarchy - There is no limit for growth. Company will provide you number of opportunities to learn and excel in your career. - Opportunity to be involved in the project right from inception phase - Travel opportunities - Awesome peers to share and learn from them - Over a period of time, as a developer you can expand your skills as you will be involved in all phases of the project and multiple roles from...

Cons

- None I can think of

ThoughtWorks2019-04-09
    • "Mostly good"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pune

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

* People-centric organization, which is very rare in India * Flat hierarchy - self-managed teams * You are empowered to take the lead and drive the things * Some projects are technically very satisfying * Good appraisals

Cons

* Becoming a banking client's hub - banks are in general uninteresting * Losing old timers and culture slowly

Advice to Management

* Please try to retain old timers - they will help you retain your culture which is true USP of TW. * Looks like compromises are being made in hiring process - please don't do this.

ThoughtWorks2019-04-15