Find jobs for Senior Consultant

Updated 24 Jan 2021

3.4
ThoughtWorks President and CEO Guo Xiao
Guo Xiao
  1. "Great place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Sydney

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- lots of smart people to learn and interact with on a daily basis - Amazing opportunity to grow as a human being and as a technical person - One of a few consultancies that have proper work ethics and doesn't want the f*** their clients - Most people are friendly and approachable - Non-toxic culture and no obvious politics - No pointing fingers or blaming anyone. people are very protected which is good but could also drive arrogance and immaturity at times - Extreme programming practices

Cons

- Cults, yes cults. if you belong to a certain group you are guaranteed good gigs otherwise you will end up in big corporates and boring gigs - Lots of arrogance, most devs think they are the best in the world and they are always right and the client is wrong - Lacking seniority and maturity. Unfortunately due to their low salaries, lots of seniors including myself leave for other jobs which have caused a lack of seniority within the company. it's obvious and everyone knows about it

ThoughtWorks Response

August 10, 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's disappointing to read that you encountered teammates who seemed arrogant and felt they were always right. While we do value feedback at ThoughtWorks, we encourage employees to do so in a respectful way that promotes growth and cultivates a stronger community. In response to your comment about gigs, we do partner with clients from a variety of industries. At times, this may entail working with more traditional businesses with different goals and mindsets. We try our best to align ThoughtWorkers' skills and interests with opportunities, but it's not always possible to align these for each project. We do believe that as teams, ThoughtWorkers can make an impact when it comes to implementing solutions that are truly future-focused. Thanks again for your review.

"Poor performance in Australia for some years"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most colleagues are kind and nice, love the diverse culture. The global business is doing ok.

Cons

Lack of direction in the Australia business, and the Australia business has been struggling for some years, without good projects, meaning no good opportunity to improve on technological skills. The lack of growth means no good opportunities for career progression, and remuneration and benefits have been stagnant for some years. The management team is a small circle of long-time employees, and quite removed from other employees, and difficult to break in. To progress in this business, you would need to be vocal and loud, and build good relationship with a few key managers.

ThoughtWorks Response

October 20, 2020

Thank you for your review. While we acknowledge that with any business there are always challenges, we’re always transparent via our monthly town halls where we provide an open forum. We're always working to increase the diversity of work in our portfolio in terms of industries / types of clients we work with as we understand that a significant part of growth and learning comes from the work that we do on a day to day basis. To supplement this, we also continually focus on growth and capability development activities based on trends we see in the market and with our clients to grow our people and to ensure we have the right skills to exceed the expectations of the market and our clients We hope every ThoughtWorker feels comfortable and safe to approach anyone in the leadership team to share and discuss ways to improve. We invite you to bring this conversation directly to the leadership team for the betterment of ThoughtWorkers and the organisation. With the state of the world today, it’s even more critical for this kind of feedback to be shared so that we can continue to grow in the right direction, learn, and pivot quickly when needed.

"A great consultant company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- consultant has a lot of says on what they want to do - great work life balance - management care a lot about the consultants - working with smart people - agile powerhouse - never send you alone to a client

Cons

- no clear career progression - pay review with no clear structure - might require a lot of travel.. but i don't have to do one even after 3 years

4. "Grow your connections and learn"

Former Employee - Senior Developer Consultant in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great opportunity to grow your connections and learn a variety of different technologies in a short time frame. Colleagues are amazing to work with, and there are many opportunities to grow.

Cons

Being a consultant, many projects are difficult and not necessarily fun. For some, travel can be problematic. Similarly, software consulting requires people skills in addition to technical skills.

Continue reading

"Nice people and culture, pay ok"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It attracted a lot of nice people, and relatively without much office politics. Employees are smart, culture is very open and transparent, with some focus on good causes for the society, and did some nice projects.

Cons

Could be challenging for those who don't buy the company's culture and social focus. Pay for technical persons is ok but not very competitive for the talented consultants.

Continue reading

"Great Company to pick up and learn new tools and technologies"

Current Employee - Senior QA Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Freedom to try new things - Get to learn new tools and technologies - Work with talented and smart people - Great employee benefits

Cons

- Would have liked to be paid more - Travel can get hectic

7. "4 years here and I still feel like I'm learning most of the days"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are given a lot of responsibility and are empowered to take action on what you think it's appropriate, besides the mission of advocating for social and economic justice

Cons

Salaries are not top end of the market, and it's sometimes hard to identify your career path

"Awesome people, awesome environment, hit and miss projects"

Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros

The community within ThoughtWorks is outstanding. Lots of very good developers who are very passionate about their work and want to share that knowledge around. The company management is very transparent about what its plans are and what is going on within Australia and around the world. Company is expanding quickly and feels like there are a lot of opportunities to go to new places and do new things.

Cons

Top end it consulting firm in Sydney means that a lot of the work that gets picked up is with customers who can pay for it which tend to be on the larger side. This can be frustrating when a lot of the most interesting work ou there is with the startups and small companies.

9. "Cares about Employee"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

you can express your aspirations and your career path would be adjusted accordingly. Voice of every individual matters and heard. Great projects to work on. Code quality is given uttermost importance.

Cons

Maybe payscale is on a lower side compared to market

10. "Great workplace"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pune

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can explore a lot of tech or functional things Transparent policies You are owner of shaping your own career You can signup and organise events or sharing sessions with internal or external community and company would support that People oriented company

Cons

Dont see as of now

Viewing 1 - 10 of 138 English Reviews