ThoughtWorks Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 14 May 2020

4.1
ThoughtWorks President and CEO Guo Xiao
Guo Xiao
Pros
Cons
  • "Travel can be taxing to work life balance over time(in 42 reviews)

• "Nowadays I'm observing that many old thoughtworkers are leaving company which is not good sign(in 22 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"A great consultant company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- consultant has a lot of says on what they want to do - great work life balance - management care a lot about the consultants - working with smart people - agile powerhouse - never send you alone to a client

Cons

- no clear career progression - pay review with no clear structure - might require a lot of travel.. but i don't have to do one even after 3 years

"So much promise but so political"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Tries hard with ethics and Social impact programs are great. - Generous with employee events - Great professional experiences if you can get on the right projects - Great people to work with generally

Cons

- No work-life balance - Long hours are expected for extra-curricular work - Rampant politics & cliques

Continue reading

"Great place to work, as long as you can keep up with the pace."

Graduate Developer in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros

Intelligent people, good and efficient processes. Salaries are reasonable and there is a good benefits package including a new work laptop, paid home internet access and snacks and drinks supplied in the office. Lots of travel involved if you want it. The more experience you have, the more you can move around with ThoughtWorks. However, if you're in high demand, you might be asked to travel more than you bargained for. Most of the time though, resource management caters to the needs of those who want to stay in their home city or those who want to travel more. There is also an annual weekend away to a location in your home country with all offices in that region.

Cons

Lots of people with strong opinions, which can be a good point as well. Although you can learn a lot from the bright minds at this company, sometimes you can feel overwhelmed by the fact that everyone has such a strong point on view on any such topic. There can be a lot of stubbornness as well. This can result in an arrogant workplace where your colleagues don't acknowledge that they have to work within the existing frameworks before they can truly 'revolutionise IT.' The working hours are sustainable, although the job requires more than just your standard hours at work. Most people are also involved in lots of 'after hours' education and learning which means it can be difficult if you really want to maintain a good work/life balance.

4. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Hyderābād

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's been close to 7 months since I started working at ThoughtWorks. Pros are a lot. Listed down a few. 1. Work life balance. 2. Flat hierarchy. No system of managers. You don't need to brown-nose anyone. 3. You'll get recognition if you work hard. No politics. You can go and talk to anyone. And people would listen to you. 4. People are very supportive. 5. Promotes open source culture. 6. Working here makes you a better person from within. 7. The management genuinely cares for its employees. 8. Good regular hikes. And last, but the most important one, you'll be always on your toes, because you get to work on latest technologies and very challenging problems. Great technical and personal growth opportunity is there. You can join ThoughtWorks and can make up your mind that I'll retire from this company. No need of moving out once you're in.

Cons

No cons as of now.

5. "The open organization culture you will love to work with"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Hyderābād

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good work life balance - Strong culture specially in Hyderabad office, people here will approach you first to talk. - Huge list of events and learning - Transparent process - Team support

Cons

- You can't just stick to your work, you need to put same efforts for extra activity too. Its not a cons actually but an opportunity to leave your comfort zone.

6. "Application developer"

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Chennai
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to learn and grow your career Good feedback system Great work life balance

Cons

Too much changes may occur and it is difficult to cope with when you are shifting projects regularly

Continue reading
  7. "Nice place to work in. Work/life balance is great."

Former Employee - Consultant Developer in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time

Pros

Work/life balance. Cool colleagues. Well defined career plan.

Cons

Some clients cultures are very different to TW's and you will deal with clients all the time.

8. "Amazing workplace"

Current Intern - Applications Developer in Coimbatore

I have been working at ThoughtWorks for less than a year

Pros

ThoughtWorks always works on inclusivity and Feedback. I always felt welcomed from the first day I joined. The work/ life balance is awesome. If you work after the regular working hours, you will receive feedback to maintain work/ life balance. You are free to make your mark . In ThoughtWorks, you are never judged by the people. They value opinions from everyone even if you are less experienced.I always felt that my opinions are valued even though I am an intern. It is a flat organisation where you are free to voice out your opinions even if it contrasts from your Team Lead or any Other's opinions. Feedback culture is awesome. All the teams work on individual 1:1 feedback sessions and retrospectives to look back at how things really went for that team in the past.

Cons

I don't find any till date.

Continue reading
  9. "Good place to work at"

Current Employee - Developer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are very passionate. Work life balance is good. You get chance to work on multiple technologies

Cons

Low salary as compared to other MNCs

"Its For The People"

Current Employee - Consultant in Hyderābād

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Do you want a work-life balance? This is the place

Cons

If you compare salary with other companies like SAP, Amazon, its way too less

Found 87 reviews