TranscribeMe Quality Assurance Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

TranscribeMe Quality Assurance Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 3 reviews

5.0
TranscribeMe CEO Alexei Dunayev (no image)
Alexei Dunayev

"Exceeded expectations"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Toronto, ON

I have been working at TranscribeMe part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are advancement opportunities if you are willing to put in the time and effort. The management is easily within reach to anyone (regardless of your level in the company). There's always a higher-up person that can be contacted at almost any hour of any day because of their widespread locations around the world. There is a great sense of community that is not easy to cultivate, especially for an online company.... There is a lot of flexibility in terms of the work you have to complete. And you can perform the work from anywhere you want to, as long as you have a computer/laptop and internet. There is a wide variety of work available to us, especially as you join more teams within the company, which keeps things interesting. There are many avenues and resources for assistance as a newbie, or even as a more experienced member of the team. Finally, many of the operations/support/sales management team members started out as transcribers and moved on up to that level.

Cons

In an ideal world, I would like to earn more for the work I do. But I also understand that TranscribeMe pays more than most (if not all) of its competitors. And there are certain times of the year that workflow is much lower than other times, but such is the nature of this industry.

Advice to Management

Your greatest quality is how accessible you are to everyone, especially via Yammer, but also via email. Keep that up.

TranscribeMe2019-09-13

"Perfect Opportunity for a Work-At-Home Mom"

Current Contractor - Quality Assurance in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TranscribeMe for more than a year

Pros

I started with TM in early 2015 as a transcriber. Yes, the entrance test is hard, but that's because we pride ourselves on quality work and only want the best. The pay was low at first, but this is the only transcription company that would hire me with absolutely no transcription experience and only the demonstration of my skills via the entrance exam. Throughout my first few months, I worked my butt off, logging... the hours, asking questions, and getting to know my coworkers on Yammer. Everyone was very patient and I learned lots of things that made me a better transcriber. I applied to do quality assurance and got accepted. Today, I make a very comfortable income with TM, at least what I would be making if I worked somewhere like McDonald's, except I don't have any commute time, no uniform, no start/stop times, etc. If I'm sick one day, no need to call in, or I can work from bed. If I have a long file to edit, I can take breaks from it during the day to take my kids to school, grab a coffee, whatever I want to do. If you build up the trust with your supervisors and co-workers, and always turn in quality work by the client's deadline, there are multiple opportunities to advance into special teams and occasionally into management. I love working for TM. I get to help out with the bills at home and have enough money left over each week for my hobbies or to put away into my savings account. I could easily transition into working full-time with TM if I wanted to. I love it here!

Cons

A note about independent contractor transcription work: There will be lulls in the workload at certain times of the year, say US holidays. As an independent contractor, it's really your responsibility to budget and prepare for these lulls. You'll learn when the lulls happen as you progress throughout your career, and be able to save accordingly to account for them.

TranscribeMe2017-10-13
  3. "QA"

Current Contractor - Quality Assurance in Cape Town

I have been working at TranscribeMe for more than a year

Pros

I love working for TranscribeMe. I can set my own hours and earn enough to keep me going with the extras I need. The community is fantastic, the leaders and supervisors are super helpful, and if you have any issues whatsoever, you get answers within a few minutes on the Yammer group. Advancement to QA and special teams are possible for those who work hard and prove themselves, making it a really good way of earning... some good money!

Cons

Not always work available at the beginning when you start, but working yourself up to QA or special teams will ensure a steady workflow.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing!

TranscribeMe2017-06-26