TranscribeMe Transcriber/QA Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

TranscribeMe Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 66 reviews

4.1
TranscribeMe CEO Alexei Dunayev (no image)
Alexei Dunayev

"Ok as bit extra"

I have been working at TranscribeMe part-time

Pros

Been working for TranscribeMe for about 3 years. It's mainly ok as a bit extra money, particularly as you progress.

Cons

I've been working for TranscribeMe for about 3 years and I'm still a bit confused at times by the rules/reviewing, too ambiguous/subjective and micromanagement. Lately I've found Rev a bit more worth the time and effort and money. There's more leeway for personal judgement and choice on there.

TranscribeMe2017-09-30

"TranscribeMe is absolutely not a scam!"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist, Special Teams

I have been working at TranscribeMe full-time for less than a year

Pros

I could go on forever about the wonderful atmosphere here, within TranscribeMe! They are some of the most helpful, encouraging, informative, and thoughtful people (employee and admin alike) that I've had the pleasure of working with. I have had many friends, but I've also grown so much as a transcriptionist and a person. I don't have a single negative thing to say about them. They genuinely put every effort into... being equally fair to both clients and those working for them. Every concern is listened to and a big part of the company has been built collaboratively. As someone who works here, I can say that the tests absolutely are NOT done by the people here as a means for potential new contractors to do our work for us. That is absurd. TM is one of the most ethical, diverse, and understanding companies for people like me, who are sick, I have had EVER had the pleasure of coming across, and I am thank ful every single day that I had found them when looking for a legitimate and fair company to work for from home so that I could still contribute to my family's household finances. I love these people and that opinion is shared by all of us within the community and company.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I have received nothing but amazing experiences while working here and when things got hard, in my personal life, it was the people of this company who showed me that I can indeed keep going, and here I am. Still kickin'!

Advice to Management

You are amazing, and you all deserve all of the thank you's without getting them as often as you should. So my advice to you, keep doing what you are doing and don't let reviews like some these ones, get to you and stop you from your purpose and goals. Let it be like water off a ducks back.

TranscribeMe2019-09-13

"Exceeded expectations"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Toronto, ON

I have been working at TranscribeMe part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are advancement opportunities if you are willing to put in the time and effort. The management is easily within reach to anyone (regardless of your level in the company). There's always a higher-up person that can be contacted at almost any hour of any day because of their widespread locations around the world. There is a great sense of community that is not easy to cultivate, especially for an online company.... There is a lot of flexibility in terms of the work you have to complete. And you can perform the work from anywhere you want to, as long as you have a computer/laptop and internet. There is a wide variety of work available to us, especially as you join more teams within the company, which keeps things interesting. There are many avenues and resources for assistance as a newbie, or even as a more experienced member of the team. Finally, many of the operations/support/sales management team members started out as transcribers and moved on up to that level.

Cons

In an ideal world, I would like to earn more for the work I do. But I also understand that TranscribeMe pays more than most (if not all) of its competitors. And there are certain times of the year that workflow is much lower than other times, but such is the nature of this industry.

Advice to Management

Your greatest quality is how accessible you are to everyone, especially via Yammer, but also via email. Keep that up.

TranscribeMe2019-09-13

"Okay for part-time work"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Dumaguete

I have been working at TranscribeMe part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible work schedule - Can join different teams by passing exams, which increases pay and types of work you can work on. - Files are usually cut into small chunks, which makes it faster to process.

Cons

Workloads are erratic every week.

TranscribeMe2019-09-02

"Transcription"

I worked at TranscribeMe part-time

Pros

Good selection of work and friendly community

Cons

Can't think of any. No problems.

TranscribeMe2019-08-22
  6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Lagos

I have been working at TranscribeMe part-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing executives Good job flow Excellent support system

Cons

Not any one at this time. Except the pay is a bit low

Advice to Management

Increase the pay of workers

TranscribeMe2019-05-12

"Great Work from Home Job!!"

Current Employee - General Transcriptionist in Portland, OR

I have been working at TranscribeMe part-time for less than a year

Pros

Okay, I was definitely hesitant about this at first. I have been looking into different side jobs that I can do from my house or from my college campus and I've found a Lot of scams that try to present themselves as real opportunities. I really like doing transcription work and thought I'd give Transcribeme a chance, and they are actually legit! They don't ask for a lot of personal info unless you want to move up in... the job (and even then it's just a photo, birth name and DOB). There's not any type of interview process, which is why I was hesitant, but you take two exams: one to qualify for the job and one to prove you understand English grammar and the style of transcribing that they want. Once you pass you can start taking jobs that are usually about 2-4 min long and for the most part it's easy, simple, and fun. Great for when you're bored at school between classes or have some extra free time at home. What really proved to me that this was something legitimate and was also just really helpful, was Yammer, which is the social media platform they use. They'll send you an invite when you're hired and all of the employees of TM are signed up and there are groups you can join to talk to each other about questions you have or just general fun or interesting things. Seeing my actual "coworkers" was really cool and any questions you may have about the job can be answered there.

Cons

Many times when I have free time and want to do some work there won't actually be anything available. You just have to keep refreshing the page and hope to get something. Sometimes that takes a few minutes, but sometimes can be hours or days long. This job is not super steady when doing general transcription because of this. But you can take exams and move up to other positions that give you more work. Also, the... pay rate is per audio hour, like a lot of other reviewers said. This can for sure add up, but depending on how slow you are (which you probably will be if you're new. I spent 40 min on a 2 minute audio clip in my first few days), the pay may actually average to around $1 or $2/hour, which is not going to sustain you or your family. I've heard of people making a living out of this but it takes a lot of work and a lot of time.

Advice to Management

I would love for the pay to be per hour. I love this job so far but having a base rate of even $5/hr would make spending 40 minutes on a single file feel a lot better.

TranscribeMe2018-11-15

"Ridiculous Policy"

Former Employee - Transcriptionist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TranscribeMe part-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of any honestly

Cons

Refused to work with me when I accidentally created a second account five years after creating my first one. Wouldn't even deactivate the first one, just refused to ever work with me again. Their loss, plenty companies pay much more believe me.

Advice to Management

Actually work with potential employees that are trying very hard to be a part of your team instead of outright refusing to.

TranscribeMe2019-02-14

"too difficult"

I worked at TranscribeMe full-time

Pros

timings flexibility. I could work anytime I want.

Cons

the exams are too difficult and strict. I got blocked for using different accounts, I know using different accounts is prohibited but since the exams were too difficult to pass, that's why I had to use different accounts to work on my transition. If the pay was high, i don't mind if it is strict. when the pay is low, don't expect good quality

Advice to Management

Please do not be TOO strict. and the pay is too low as well...

TranscribeMe2019-01-05
  10. "Good enough"

I have been working at TranscribeMe full-time

Pros

Decent pay after you pass some exams, money is transferred on time, best community and staff, work never stops.

Cons

you don't choose the files you work on they come randomly and they are extremey short, they range from a few secondst o four minutes

Advice to Management

Increase your pay rate for transcribers, try to make people choose the files they work on.

TranscribeMe2018-11-02