TranscribeMe Transcriber Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

TranscribeMe Transcriber Reviews

Updated Sep 24, 2019

Found 31 reviews

3.6
TranscribeMe CEO Alexei Dunayev (no image)
Alexei Dunayev

"TranscribeMe is NOT a Scam"

Current Freelancer - Transcriber in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TranscribeMe for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours Many opportunities for growth and advancement People-oriented Management cares about its workers The community aspect - Yammer is our lifeline! When I first began, it was slow going but I had great accuracy in my work and was quickly moved up to special teams with steadier work-flows which meant higher earning potential. I've seen other transcribers move on to become team leads and... assistants and others have applied for and received even bigger roles in the company. This job is completely what you make it. Patience and perseverance will serve you well.

Cons

Occasional low work-flow It takes a bit of time to start making steady money

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! They've been very responsive to transcriber input and suggestions. Few companies can say the same.

TranscribeMe2019-09-16

"Great company, great opportunities!"

Current Contractor - Transcriber in Portland, OR

I have been working at TranscribeMe for more than a year

Pros

I love working for TranscribeMe! I've been able to work my way up into new and interesting positions. I can't imagine working for another transcription company now that I've been spoiled here. And the communication with supervisors is great.

Cons

None! I love this company.

TranscribeMe2019-09-12
  3. "What a Great Group of People!"

Current Freelancer - Transcriber in Providence, RI

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

I've been transcribing for TM for six months. I had no prior transcribing experience. When I started, I told myself I'd give it six months to see if I liked it, and I do like it. The TM training/project leads and the support team are great. They're always available to answer questions, and they provide good support. The other transcribers are very friendly, helpful, and supportive as well. I've passed eight... TM exams over the past six months. As you take and pass exams, you're added to teams with higher pay rates and more work available. Yes, the exams can be challenging - it took me more than a few attempts to pass some - but that's good. TM promises its clients 98%+ accuracy, so they need transcribers who do quality work. You need to put in some effort if you want to advance. That seems like a reasonable expectation for any job. I'm now at a higher pay rate and there's rarely a time when work isn't available when I want it. I love the flexibility of being able to work when I want to.

Cons

This isn't a con for me, but it might be for you. I work for TM part-time to supplement my full-time job income. You'll need to be very fast and accurate for TranscribeMe to work as a full-time job. But your speed and accuracy can progress if you stick with it and put in the effort.

Advice to Management

When I first started with TM back in March of this year, I could see right away that everything was set up really well. This is what I posted on Yammer, "Hi all. This is my third day working for TranscribeMe, and I really like the way it's all set up. I look forward to doing more work :)" I still feel that way. The TM setup seems to keep the transcription aspect of the business rolling right along. The exam... system is great. The review system is great. The Yammer forum is great. I haven't had any problems figuring things out or getting help when I needed it. So I don't have any suggestions right now except keep up the good work!

TranscribeMe2019-09-13
  4. "Never any jobs"

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

Would be great to work from home

Cons

There are NEVER any jobs. I've repeatedly checked everyday for two months and have had yet to do a single job!

TranscribeMe2019-09-24
  5. "Terrible Website"

I have been working at TranscribeMe for more than a year

Pros

There literally are none, it's a terrible company.

Cons

Completely impossible to pass their multiple choice test.

Advice to Management

Rethink your entrance exam because it has absolutely nothing to do with having a good level of english but rather with your absolutely inflexible and uptight multiple choice hellish questions.

TranscribeMe2019-04-16
  6. "Loving It!"

Current Freelancer - Transcriber in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

The pros are that I get to work when I want to. I'm never assigned files that I don't want to work on. I get to pick and choose the quality of audio and the length of audio by either accepting or rejecting it in my queue. So I'm never "stuck" with an excessively long audio nor a hard-to-understand audio if I don't want it.

Cons

The pay is not the greatest at first. But if you do your best and your work is very good, you'll be given many other opportunities within TranscribeMe to earn even more responsibility and money.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Your business model is refreshing and exciting!

TranscribeMe2018-07-16
  7. "Flexible hours, friendly coworkers, but somewhat low pay."

Current Contractor - Transcriber
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

You can work whatever hours you want (provided there is work to do), room to grow in the company and make more money as you put more into it. The group on the internal social media is a lot of fun and very helpful. You can do as much or as little as you want.

Cons

The work pays per audio hour, which translates to a low hourly rate. If you want to get much out of it you need to invest a bit of time in improving your skills and getting on special teams.

TranscribeMe2018-06-19

"Fabulous Work from Home Opportunity"

Current Employee - Transcriber

I have been working at TranscribeMe part-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm a stay-at-home parent, and this job is absolutely perfect for me. I get to put my copyediting skills and writing degree to use, and the hours are completely flexible. The admins offer so much positive support and feedback, and I have been able to advance quickly to a position of better pay and wider opportunities. I adore working here. If you're a grammar nerd like me, this is the perfect way to make some side... money.

Cons

It's true that there are sometimes lulls in available work during the summer months and over the weekends. However, since I advanced to special teams, that has rarely been a problem for me. It does start slowly as you begin to learn the ropes. Since you are paid for audio hour and not working hour, this has been discouraging to some newbies. I found that the more you work, the faster and more accurate you become,... and the more money you will make.

TranscribeMe2017-10-12

"Transcriber"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TranscribeMe for less than a year

Pros

The pros are that you can work at home, the schedule is flexible and it increases your skills as a typist. You are not obligated to transcribe. You can transcribe all day or you can hop in whenever you are ready to make money. It's really easy work.

Cons

The workload isn't always steady. It comes and goes. Some days you can be transcribing one audio right after the other. Then there are days when you will maybe get one or two. The work is easy but very tedious. I wouldn't recommend this job if you are looking to make a lot of money and quit your day job. It's more about supplementing your income. Never hurts to make extra cash. Another downfall is that it takes a... while for your work to be reviewed. I have work that I completed a week ago and it still hasn't been reviewed.

Advice to Management

Get your QA team to work faster at reviewing our work. It's a little annoying when you are trying to reach your monetary goals and see that your work still hasn't been reviewed.

TranscribeMe2017-12-13

"A review of TranscribeMe"

Transcriber

I have been working at TranscribeMe for more than a year

Pros

- Work at your own schedule. - Friendly staff who are always there to support you and encourage your growth.

Cons

- Work is not always available - Pay could be better, especially for difficult audio.

TranscribeMe2017-11-28