TripAdvisor Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 616 reviews

3.7
TripAdvisor CEO Stephen Kaufer
Stephen Kaufer
Pros
  • "Perks, Vacation Time, Free lunch(in 99 reviews)

• "Smart people, great benefits, including lunch every day(in 57 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Senior Accountant"

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company looks after it's employees, supportive management, great team.

Cons

Sometimes not as transparent as the company claims but I think its normal for a listed company.

TripAdvisor2018-12-06
  2. "Great"

Former Employee - Reviewer

I worked at TripAdvisor part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work really

Cons

No issues enjoyed my time

TripAdvisor2019-06-28

July 3, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your positive remarks. We’re constantly striving to maintain a transparent, collaborative environment, so we’re glad that you found that to be the case and enjoyed your time with the company.

"Great Office Space"

Current Employee - Manager in Sydney

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fabulous office design and great breakout area. Fortunate to have 2 outdoor terraces with skyline views. Lots of snacks, drinks and free Friday lunch. Beer taps open from pm on a Friday.

Cons

Working with teams in USA East-coast time zones can be disruptive as can be 17 hours difference. This can cause a lag in response times in regard to decisions.

TripAdvisor2019-07-05

July 16, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for highlighting some of the many perks we provide to employees to ensure that they feel comfortable and enjoy their work environment. We are committed to the idea that we're better together, so having breakout areas and collaborative spaces is definitely a priority when we think about designing our offices. Similarly, our global presence does mean that teams often work in different offices both domestically as well as globally. While this may create a lag in response time occasionally, we do believe that our global presence is a strength. As our company continues to expand, the global nature of our company will continue to play a roll in employees’ lives.

4. "The TA Life"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sydney

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good remuneration , great office, nice team

Cons

No growth opportunity for satellite offices

TripAdvisor2018-11-30
  5. "Good environment"

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

good environment, they have pool table and table tennis, free snack, drink and ice cream. flexible working hours, and nice colleagues. salary + super + bonus + stock + health care and gym

Cons

although the package is nice but base salary is low

TripAdvisor2018-09-11

"The Management System is over-hierarchical"

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

Good office in Sydney. Good office services.

Cons

Old technologies, No perspectives. Is hard to suggest any initiatives.

TripAdvisor2018-05-26

"The land of the greats..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay relatively well. Good perks.

Cons

Determined to destroy company culture with traditional ways of thinking. Archaic and waterfall. A software company stuck in 2000s. Leaders still championing past achievements. HIPPO mentality running rampant. Middle management similar to a wintery wonderland. Frozen to change but happy to get drunk on free booze. Incredibly complicated communication chains. Reactive not proactive, death knell to innovation.... Upper management is a VIP club mentality. Untouchable and determined to sink with the ship.

Advice to Management

Cut the feedback loops, flatten the structure, encourage fast failure and experimentation. Simplify your product offering.

TripAdvisor2017-07-25

August 8, 2017TripAdvisor

We appreciate you leaving your feedback although we’re very surprised by this review. Over the past few years we have invested heavily in an Agile transformation which required large amounts of change within the business. We took this transformation seriously and realized that to do it properly we needed to invest in external Agile coaching. As well as coaching, we now also have full time agile experts working with our Scrum and Kanban teams. We do acknowledge that we are far from perfect in how we work; but we are committed to continuous improvement and have total buy in from all levels of management to do whatever it takes to deliver value to our customers faster. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teams and managers and do quarterly health checks to ensure all of our teams are happy. We recently used a third party company to survey our staff in Sydney and were very pleased to hear that our scores were some of the best that that company had ever seen. As your feedback is different from what we’ve heard from most employees, I would like the opportunity to sit down with you to talk through the issues you have raised. If you have some insights based on projects you have worked on then I would be very keen to hear about the issues in more detail and maybe we can work together to improve the way we deliver features to our end users. Thanks again for your feedback. -Ronan, Sr Director of Engineering

"Viator finance"

Current Employee - Viator Finance in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks and lunches with great health benifits but all this is not worth it.

Cons

Poor management, manager treated employees like children, controlling of what we do, not allow to pick up person calls or make personal calls. Need to get permisson to attend meetings. Micro mangement. Working overtime with crazy hours, no overtime pays, no time in lieu. Stressful enviroment and management dont care what you have to say...its their way or the high way. They work you like a slave.

Advice to Management

Have some respect for all your lower employees and listen to what they have to say.

TripAdvisor2017-02-22

"Still new but generally positive"

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Well known, growing company

Cons

Where I work I feel disconnected from what is happening. Feels like head office is an entirely different world.

Advice to Management

Ensure that all employees worldwide feel part of the organisation.

TripAdvisor2016-02-03
  10. "Great company to work for....dynamic with a great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

- global company - expanding rapidly - young and dynamic - rewards for results - charity focused....giving back

Cons

None that I have discovered in my 11 months so far.....hopefully this will continue to be the case!

Advice to Management

Please don't let the company become too "corporate" and bureaucratic. This happened at my last employer and killed morale and caused a lot of good people to leave.

TripAdvisor2013-01-03