Tripadvisor Account Manager Reviews

Stephen Kaufer
  1. "best place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Singapore

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

benefits are great. life-work balance

Cons

Your career progression might be slow

June 22, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive feedback!

"TripAdvisor/Bokun Boston"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

TripAdvisor is a strong Boston (Needham) headquartered company. It's pretty philanthropic which is great. The benefits (health insurance, catered lunches, occasional swag) are strong when compared to other Boston based companies. If you live in Boston, working out of the office next to TD Garden is great. There are 2 floors that contain a few business units (primarily Viator and Bokun) and 2 kitchens. Both kitchens have coffee/beer on tap, and can be a nice place to hang out with coworkers. Work- Life-Balance is also decent. This is a cool company to work at if you're straight out of college, particularly if you work at HQ, since there are more employees/business units to network with.

Cons

Boston office location is rough when you need to commute to HQ in Needham, which they even have you do on your first day. The shuttle to HQ takes an hour and the shuttle back to the Boston office takes 90 minutes, which is due to the multiple stops it makes along the way, directly through the city. This is brutal Bokun specific, no matter your role, you will be tasked with a new goal every month. There is zero room for career growth, and skill development is minimal. Compensation is significantly below that of most tech companies in Boston. Furthermore, the product isn't intuitive and is difficult to learn. Half of your day-to-day is spent assisting with support tickets. Individual contributors have a lot of previous experience, but that is ignored by leadership. You're expected to keep your head down and obey orders. If you can do this and like doing this, you're set.

January 3, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience of working at TripAdvisor. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of ex-employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas upon which we can improve. Thank you for acknowledging that we provide a friendly, comfortable and collaborative work environment. We are also pleased to hear that you also enjoyed our extensive benefits. However, we are sorry to hear that you did not feel that the complementary shuttle bus between the Boston office and Needham HQ was beneficial due to the number of stops and traffic congestion. The pick- up/drop offs are scheduled so that as many employees as possible have the opportunity to use the shuttle bus at convenient locations. As our Bokun business continues to grow and develop our business goals and objectives will rapidly change and adapt to meet the evolving and dynamic external environment. To be successful we believe that colleagues need to align and be flexible in their approach to their work so as to maximize their contribution and focus on business priorities. As Never Stop Learning is one of our core values, we support individual development and offer an extensive training curriculum highlighting opportunities to further your career development both within your team and TripAdvisor. Again thank you for your feedback which helps us on our journey to be a great place to work for everyone.

3. "Nice company but a bit too laid back"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are friendly and welcoming.

Cons

People would come to work late, have a long lunch break and clock out at 6pm sharp.

September 17, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. It really is our employees that make TripAdvisor a great place to work, so hearing directly from employees about how their colleagues have supported and enriched their experience is always great news. Employee well-being is very important to us, and whether that’s taking a lunch break in the middle of the day to reset or allowing flexible working hours, we provide employees with these options to encourage work-life balance.

"Great consumer brand but"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Singapore

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits - Above Market Salary - Start-up vibe - Flexible Workhours

Cons

- Too many directional changes - Unsure of the business model - Inefficient processes - Personality-driven rather than process driven

August 16, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your positive feedback on our compensation and benefits. We also appreciate the constructive comments you've included. We're always looking to improve, so employee feedback is very important. As the leader within the travel technology field, it is importantly for us to be ahead in our vision and strategy. This may translate to the many directional changes you have experience. Recently we made some changes in our Sales strategies and execution which we are very excited about. We remain laser focus on ensuring we continue to be an excellent partner for our client, partner and users.

"Positive growth experience in Inside Sales"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oxford, England

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Growth & learning : had the luck to be supported by many experienced colleagues and also some managers - Professional development: Managed to jump to another position inside the company thanks mainly to what I learned during this experience - Salary: very good conditions, salary and benefits, especially for a company based in a small city like Oxford -Environment: great environment , you become part of a family of its own, open minded and supportive atmosphere

Cons

- Sometimes the business direction wasn't always clear

"Overall great company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at TripAdvisor! I was promoted twice during my time there. You definitely have to express interest in being promoted and work very hard at it, but it’s all completely doable. Work life balance was also fantastic!

Cons

There are lots of changes happening within the travel industry in general, so jobs and departments of TA can also change really quickly. Be flexible!

"Millennial's dream (Boston office)"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing benefits - employer paid healthcare, retirement and stock options, travel/fitness reimbursements, snacks/lunches/coffee/etc. provided in the office Fast paced work environment with other hungry young professionals in the heart of Boston.

Cons

This may be a pro or a con depending on your personal situation - but there is alcohol available for socializing with co-workers after hours. Salary/hourly pay can be on the lower side depending on your position for the area - probably due to the extensive benefits.

September 17, 2018TripAdvisor

Thanks for your review and your positive remarks about our benefits and dynamic work environment. Our compensation team regularly reviews our compensation packages to ensure that we’re competitive within the marketplaces that we operate. As you mentioned, we provide top of the line benefits to our employees, which add to the comprehensive nature of our total rewards program. I appreciate your feedback about the availability of alcohol in our social spaces. We’ve invested in office spaces that allow employees to engage with their teams in areas other than at their desks or in meeting rooms, as it helps enhance our culture of collaboration. We expect and trust that our employees will act responsibly whenever they’re participating in social activities in the office, including when alcohol is available. As you mentioned, EDI is a top initiative that we continue to invest in. Please continue to attend our regular company meetings, sync ups and town halls as we use these forums to discuss important initiatives. Thanks again for your feedback and my door is always open to continue the discussion. - Beth Grous, Chief People Officer

"Bad managers makes good employees leave"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Oxford, England

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefit package was great.

Cons

Lack of communication and trust in general, we never know what was the objective or what to do because they change the rules all the time. Also, at least in the Oxford office, the election of the Team Leaders and Managers was very poor, with people with no formation or experience in the field, people that made their decisions based on sympathy and not professionally. For two years my Team Lead was bullied me and when I informed HR they decided to do nothing, because they just don't care.

"Account Manager"

Account Manager in Oxford, England

I worked at Tripadvisor

Pros

Nice premises. Lively and colorful. Some of the people are amazing.

Cons

Management is not present on premises. They work remotely from the USA. They ask you to be frank and open but when one does is out. Management works also based on personal simpathies rarher than objective facts. They invite you to leave the company without saying goodbyes to your fellow workers. Awful sensation. So much for humanity and wellness. They are all words and no substance whatsoever.....

May 12, 2016SVP, Global Sales

Thank you for your comments. I see that you're a former employee, so am unsure when you left TripAdvisor; but we've recently made some significant changes to our Global Sales Organization. We recognize the importance of local management and the difficulty that remote leadership creates not only for the local employees but for the business at large. We can’t make our best decisions about the needs and opportunities in our regional hubs without leaders on the ground there to observe, listen, and represent the employees and partners effectively. To that end, we’ve added new regional leaders to our management team in the APAC and EMEA regions just in the last 2 months. While it’s early days, the initial feedback from our current employees has been very positive to their new leaders, so we feel confident that we’re making good progress. I’m sorry your experience wasn’t what we or you would have hoped; however, our teams are fully engaged and working together from the ground up to make our Global and Regional Sales teams truly best of class in every location and at every level. Thank you for your candid feedback, and we wish you the best of luck with your new opportunity. - Robin Ingle, SVP Global Sales

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time

Pros

Company promoted work-life balance, which some groups were able to implement within their organizations This is a great place for people who are clear on what they want from their career

Cons

Huge lack of communication and accountability

Found 15 reviews