Tripadvisor Content Specialist Reviews

Updated 19 Jun 2020

Tripadvisor President and CEO Stephen Kaufer
Stephen Kaufer

"Speed doesn't always win"

Former Employee - Product Content Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong female mentorship & management throughout company, decent benefits

Cons

"Speed wins" mantra, would've preferred more travel coverage or allowance

Continue reading

June 22, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are appreciative of employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

"Lost its way"

Former Employee - Digital Content Specialist in Ewing, NJ

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You spend your days thinking about travel, how marvelous is that? You work to serve amazing and engaging community of fellow travelers. Good benefits, vacation time and health care.

Cons

Leadership has lots its way and moved from its core strength of being a company that serves travelers to being a company that serves stockholders. There's little vision and that trickles down. Politics is more important than talent. It feels, felt like as employees we were being played by managers with little transparency. The once teamlike feeling is gone, everyone is out for themselves.

Continue reading

June 22, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. We appreciate that you highlighted some of our employee perks and love of travel. During this period of transition, all of our leaders, including Steve, are doing their best to remain transparent. They’re working together across all areas of the business to create a strategy that considers the needs of the business as well as the needs of our employees.

"Lots of changes"

Former Employee - Senior Content Specialist

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, good benefits, beautiful building

Cons

Lots of changes and reorgs that make it hard to focus.

July 1, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While periods of transition can be tough to navigate, our leadership team constantly strives to work together to create a strategy that’s best for the business and best for the employees.

4. "good place to work at"

Former Employee - Content Manager

I worked at Tripadvisor part-time

Pros

good place to work to work at but hard

Cons

hard career progression and potential growth in some fields

October 17, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

"Alright company to work for"

Former Employee - Content Representative in Needham, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits, nice HQ, interesting work

Cons

tons of middle management, unclear communication across departments, very difficult to advance

October 9, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we appreciate your constructive comments. We’re glad that you enjoyed both your work as well as the office environment throughout your time here. As a growing company, our goal is to be as transparent as possible across all levels and business units. We continuously strive to improve, so we’re open to employee suggestions of how we can do so.

6. "Excellent office, supportive environment"

Former Intern - Flights Content Team

I worked at Tripadvisor for less than a year

Pros

The office and perks are amazing.

Cons

A lot of monotonous tasks.

7. "Great company!"

Former Contractor - Content Writer in Needham, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor for less than a year

Pros

TA fed us, shuttled us to work from Harvard Square, and gave valuable feedback on our work. I enjoyed my time with my teammates.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the contract ended. I highly recommend the company.

"Content Manager"

Former Employee - Content Manager in London, England

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

TripAdvisor has a solid and well implemented vision. It is a global organisation with a strong leadership team, excellent career progression opportunities and the provision of education and training courses is also commendable. They have very smart people working across the world.

Cons

However they do have a limited scope of interest and resources to grow in emerging markets. The transition to an booking platform model has been inefficient and largely unsuccessful.

"disorganized chaotic"

Former Employee - Content Moderator in Newton, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Able to work remotely or telecommute

Cons

I worked for TripAdvisor for 3 years full time (remotely) moderating content. There was no supervision most of the first year, all I had were a couple of email addresses of others in my unit. When something went wrong with the work we were supposed to do, there was no leadership or chain of command and often no communication from the office at all. Despite this I was very upbeat about the company and tried to recruit well qualified people I knew to work there (but HR rarely even responded to the emails and applications). The second year a new boss was hired who seemed very positive at first. Then we were given a lot of really poorly-created online learning modules to study so we could learn new tasks. The boss didn't care and couldn't fix problems when we had trouble hearing the content or following it. The job changed from moderating content to much more technical stuff very quickly. Then we were required to work (remotely) specific hours and to be online for chatting throughout the day although our boss wouldn't say that it was a change in our job descriptions (it was). Then they outsourced our jobs overseas. My job ended. I've been in touch with former coworkers and only one or two of the original unit is still working there. They didn't care about retention or honesty, it was just about numbers.

"Full-time London"

Former Employee - Content Specialist in London, England

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Central location and a young international team

Cons

Management in Boston with poor communication to the London team Average pay Few work responsibilities and no room for progression

Found 22 reviews