Tripadvisor Manager Reviews

1. "Very good"

5.0
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time

Pros

Management, colleague, location, pay, happy customer.

Cons

There is no much thing to say about cons

July 1, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the Tripadvisor team!

"Great Office Space"

Current Employee - Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fabulous office design and great breakout area. Fortunate to have 2 outdoor terraces with skyline views. Lots of snacks, drinks and free Friday lunch. Beer taps open from pm on a Friday.

Cons

Working with teams in USA East-coast time zones can be disruptive as can be 17 hours difference. This can cause a lag in response times in regard to decisions.

July 16, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for highlighting some of the many perks we provide to employees to ensure that they feel comfortable and enjoy their work environment. We are committed to the idea that we're better together, so having breakout areas and collaborative spaces is definitely a priority when we think about designing our offices. Similarly, our global presence does mean that teams often work in different offices both domestically as well as globally. While this may create a lag in response time occasionally, we do believe that our global presence is a strength. As our company continues to expand, the global nature of our company will continue to play a roll in employees’ lives.

3. "The TA Life"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good remuneration , great office, nice team

Cons

No growth opportunity for satellite offices

4. COVID-19

"Tripadvisor says culture matters yet they've let it be destroyed"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Boston office and especially kitchen is amazing and New York isn't too bad either. Used to be some fantastic people to work with. Every day was a joy to come to work. Sadly that all changed in 2019.

Cons

Every member of the team hired from Conde Nast is incompetent, lacking basic knowledge of internet fundamentals, territorial to a level that goes so far beyond toxic, and most of all are just mean, spiteful people. And yet they all awarded themselves big titles despite clear lack of talent or experience. You were either part of 'the Conde Nast clique' or you were out. Every day became like living through junior high school all over again. The immediate effects on our business and morale were shocking. They would fudge sales numbers, rebrand existing products as something new that they'd invented, disparage other people's good work, refuse to ever listen to suggestions, use our sales calls to shame people publicly, and so much more. I heard one coworker say 'their only real talent is creating roadblocks' and it is just so true. We saw an executive assistant hired in NYC quit in less than two weeks because he was being made to do their laundry and write their Tinder profiles. I heard the same stories from my coworkers all over the country and so many of us had talks with human resources, but nothing was ever done and they used the recent COVID-19 layoffs to get rid of even more great people who dared question them, including me and most of my team. How Steve Kaufer let all of this happen I do not know, but it was a relief when I was let get go as after this nightmare experience I need time with my family to recover. It is a sad day as I will always have wonderful memories of what Tripadvisor once was and the good people I worked with there, but on to bigger and better things.

June 8, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your recent personal experience was not positive. We care deeply about our employees wellbeing and strive to maintain a positive work environment across all of our Global Tripadvisor locations. We maintain a zero tolerance policy for harassment and take feedback from our employees on these topics very seriously. The last 18 months have been a period of intense change at Tripadvisor, and we acknowledge there have been some growing pains as new leaders join and teams are reorganized. The current pandemic impacted our business and the reduction in workforce resulted in many exceptional colleagues leaving the company. Throughout the process, we strive to create a positive work environment and will continue to focus on building good morale. We wish you the best and thank you for the time you committed to Trip.

5. "One of my best professional experiences"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent working conditions, clear targets and good level of trust with direct managers. I enjoyed the weekly catch-up with my boss to review progress and set objectives. No micro-management and lots of empowerment.

Cons

Highly difficult to move horizontally within the company. Possible for a few but not globally organised so that after a while (been there 7 years) it is difficult to remain as engaged and motivated.

Continue reading
  6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good organizational culture and the CEO is really hands on with everything is going on in the company.

Cons

Base salary lower than the average

June 22, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoy being part of the Tripadvisor team.

7. COVID-19

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Needham, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The free lunch is better than most restaurants

Cons

I’m laid off now! Thanks Covid.

July 1, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive remarks about working at Tripadvisor. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the team.

"Wonderful Culture, Declining Market Share Causing Business Problems"

Former Employee - Technical Manager

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* The engineering staff is, generally speaking, brilliant * Great benefits (401k match, travel stipend, dental, vision, etc) * Tons of upward mobility * Great work life balance * The people around you are almost universally pleasant and easy to work with

Cons

* The business side of the company seems to be in a constant state of redefining itself. No vision is ever carried out past a year * Process can occasionally slow things down

9. "Great Place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Global Vendor Manager

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time

Pros

The Work Culture is great

Cons

No reasons to be listed

June 22, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the Tripadvisor team.

10. COVID-19

"Lovey people and values but has suffered by bad decision making"

Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance Team ethic The brand Amazing engineering team

Cons

No long term strategy Knee jerk reactions Old tech stack Old analytics No analytical tools Constant re orgs Constant worrying about your job

Found 89 reviews