USAA Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Stuart Parker

2,130 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The environment is a call center (in 289 reviews)

• stressful job, challenge to keep work / life balance (in 67 reviews)

1. "Loan processor"

I worked at USAA full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Great benefits.

Cons

You work hard for everything you get. To much work for one person.

"Great Company Atrocious Human Resources"

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is good, bonuses every year, retirement is best in class, great employee engagement, good technology, novel and inexpensive medical benefits, great management interaction system, excellent executive management team

Cons

HORRIBLE Human Resources system!!! If you are out sick on Friday and cant submit your hours, you don't get paid for the week!!!! Workday-Onesource - worst decision ever.

Advice to Management

Drop Onesource - Train the Human Resources people internally to make better case by case decisions. Employees not getting paid for a week or two weeks because they forgot to hit submit twice is completely unacceptable.

"Amazing Company, Big Responsibilities"

I have been working at USAA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

USAA has decent pay and well above average benefits. Very positive work environment. They give you tools and resources to grow. They let you set your own goals with your manager. Health insurance and education benefits are great. Good amount of time off. Benefits start from day one. Work-life balance is the best I've seen. Gym and cafeteria onsite.

Cons

The con has nothing to do with the company but more of the job itself. It's kind of hard being glued to the phones if you're accustomed to a more active job. The job is challenging and interesting but sometimes mentally exhausting.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workplace environment is modern and clean; has two semi-private napping rooms also called quiet rooms; large campus; several food facilities; gym; nurses office; allergy shots administered; Starbucks; daycare service; errand service; lots of natural light in the common areas; beautiful courtyard; walking trail around the campus; friendly environment

Cons

Confusing parking lot traffic; not enough light in parking lot during the evening; only one gate open at a time; bathrooms are not cleaned often enough; equipment in the bathrooms break and are not replaced for several months; quiet room furniture is not durable enough to resist breaking; Charlie's closes too early; vending machines are emptied and not replaced in a timely manner; vending machine card readers are always down; phone rooms are dirty

Advice to Management

consider allowing guests to visit to a later hour because I'd like to bring my wife to have dinner with me but I work a later shift so it's outside visiting hours

"Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are dedicated to providing best solutions for members.

Cons

Work long hours during some periods.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer & Integrator III in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer & Integrator III in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just an awesome all-round company, great work environment, benefits, and employees. They’re currently in a dramatic shirt in IT technology and will soon be back among the leaders in tech.

Cons

Virtually none. There are so many benefits it is crazy. The only downside is they’re currently in a technology shift so things are a little chaotic but will hopefully soon be back in order.

"MSR"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401k matching 8%, bonuses, generous time off, comprehensive benefit package, ability to advance, benefits, beautiful campus with cafeteria, break areas

Cons

Starting pay is only OKAY, Call center environment; back to back calls, hard to advance anywhere but in call center

Advice to Management

More back office positions at every campus, increase starting pay, add in pay for performance

"One of the best companies in America"

Current Employee - NMS Senior Agent in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - NMS Senior Agent in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing campus. Tons of benefits. Plenty of time off and flexible schedules. Overtime for those that want it. On-site daycare and full gym as well as seven cafeterias. 8% company match to the 401K as well as a retirement kicker on the back end of up to 9% per year. Annual bonus and a Christmas bonus. Even my lunches are half price if I eat healthy. My job is to I'm bored veterans active military and their family and introduce them to USAA and I love it.

Cons

Some of our calls can go a little long as many as three to four hours on occasion but overall the only downside is telling people when they're not eligible.

Advice to Management

Continue to make improvements to technology and consider expanding eligibility to the parents of those who are actively serving.

10. "Mortgage LO"

I have been working at USAA part-time

Pros

Bonuses, this year is 16.5%

Cons

Sometimes you have bad mgmt

"USAA review"

Former Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at USAA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee and customer oriented. A lot of nice perks.

Cons

The most important perk is missing: retirement. They changed (like many, many companies) from a monthly, until you die, retirement payment to a 401k account. Originally, the 401k was meant to be merely a supplement to a person's regular retirement pay; not a substitute. 401k's run out. Once the 401k is gone, many will depend completely on social security.

Advice to Management

Choose members of management carefully. A lot of Directors not living up to expectations.

Showing 2,130 of 2,251 reviews