USHEALTH Advisors Reviews

4.1
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge
Pros
Cons
  • "There is no cons to this opportunity unless you aren’t a hard worker(in 48 reviews)

• "Probably won't make money for 30(in 24 reviews)

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here. First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative. Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off. All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck. My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here. Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

USHEALTH Advisors Response

June 21, 2017Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly. bill.shelton@ushadvisors.com. UPDATE: I'm happy to report that this individual did reach out to me. We had a very positive conversation that resulted in a subsequent posting here on Glassdoor. To get the rest of the story, please see the July 25th posting entitled "I am really impressed".

"Best opportunity in America"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited income potential. I was blessed to make 6 figures in my 1st year and it's amazing to help people find better coverage.

Cons

You have to be in just the right circumstance to be able to succeed here. It takes a few weeks to get paid due to getting your license and the training and learning how to prospect. Also, in my opinion over professionalism doesnt help you hear. Being real does. Most of the top earners are very unorthodox...young guys who speak with a little slang, really country people, friendly ladies, ect. You have to be able to relate to people and not sound like a robot.

Continue reading

3. "This is only on the complainers of their failure"

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was reading some bad reviews .Complaining on leads.I have hired and trained over 1,000 agents .BTW never worked for this outfit.If a person in the first 2 or 3 questions is lead's then 99.9% you are talking to someone that cant or wont make things happen for themselves If you are a rock-star they may surprise you.If not you have to put your Big Boy pant's on and make it happen.

Cons

If you are not willing to set 15-20 appointments per week then you may want a job.If you are not willing to invest in yourself then you need a job. Bottom line your success is a joint effort 80% you and 20% them.Even though I have no relationship its interesting when people leave on their own .They rang the bell and gave up always are the complainer's of why they failed.

4. "Great opportunity for "self-starters""

Current Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team atmosphere, support from team leaders

Cons

Won't make much if any money while getting started. It takes months to start realizing a livable income.

Continue reading
  5. "Started before it was all this jazz"

Former Employee - Career Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you know insurance and are willing to learn you will be fine. Sales is sales and it is a grind. Plain and simple. Thats why the end result is great. Can you make 100K your first year? Absolutely. Does everyone? No. You do need to buy your states to make money, and that is because insurance laws are very strict and you can lose your license if someone writes a legal policy under your name. That is for consumer protection. If you find the right client and do not write garbage business that will be useless you can make it there.

Cons

No one realizes that what the CEO set up was for you to have an easy way into being your own boss. If you go out and contract with any insurance carrier they all pay in advances. So your "rich", but that isnt the case. The minute someone cancels you get that money taken right out of your next check. Troy the CEO made this to where you don't need to have ALL the business expenses to still make a great living. You also have to buy ALL your states with any insurance company if you want to produce outside of your own home state. So what everyone is complaining about is complete ignorance about the business.

6. "Go at your own risk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time

Pros

They do help you out when you are desperate

Cons

Will say you will make over $100,000 in interview. The only way that will happen is if you buy all your states out the gate. If you don't its a hard and bitter grind. I would only recommend it to those that have money saved and are willing to sacrifice 12-15 hours a day.

"Diamond in the Rough"

Current Employee - Licensed Health Insurance Agent in Denver, CO

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity to make as much as you want! If your a self starter, motivated, can appreciate the opportunity to unlimited income and benefits with a great great company this is for you! Mothers, women can make a tremendous living and take care of your family.

Cons

You have to have some funds to live on until you get your training and start making money, usually within 4 to 6 weeks. It's up to you, you will be able to make more than you ever have in your life if you apply yourself. If you not a self starter and cant appreciate proven opportunity, then you need an 8 to 5 salary job.

"Awesome Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team environment and culture filled with people that are goal driven and super professional

Cons

Must be able to work long hours to see huge payouts

9. COVID-19

"Great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Field Agent

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve been working here ever since the pandemic started. Some things are blessings in disguise. Great money, opportunities, incentives, and great people to work with. I’m very excited about my new career. Going in to work is actually fun! There is no ceiling to what you can achieve here. What you put in is what you get out of it.

Cons

What you put in is what you get out of it. So if you want to do well, you gotta put your time in

Continue reading
  10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enthusiastic, knowledge, and helpful place to work

Cons

Work days can be long

Found 575 reviews