Uber Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 17 Oct 2019

3.9
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi

"A great place to work if you want to be challenged and meet great people"

Current Employee - Legal Counsel in Sydney

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've never been bored, the perks are great, I have a really supportive team and the general atmosphere is optimistic and fast moving

Cons

The public controversies mean that you find yourself defending your company a fair bit. If you really really care what other people think of you you might find it hard.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the things that have made Uber such a special company. Please please don't tone down its ambitious spirit so that it becomes like every other corporate.

Uber2017-08-28

September 5, 2017Careers Brand Team

Thanks for the review and feedback! Great to hear you're enjoying your time here.

2. "Amazing opportunities abound at Uber"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sydney

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Challenging, interesting work. - Ownership of projects - Amazing international opportunities - Smart, engaged coworkers

Cons

With such a fast paced business, you'll need to be willing to set your own boundaries for a work/life balance.

Uber2017-07-30

August 4, 2017Careers Brand Team

Appreciate the review and thanks for all the recruiting work you're doing in Sydney!

3. "Uber review"

Analyst in Sydney

I worked at Uber for more than a year

Pros

Good culture and managment I guess.

Cons

Need more information on whats happening

Advice to Management

Give advice to youngters on career path

Uber2017-07-09

July 12, 2017Careers Brand Team

Thanks! Our new goal setting process serves as a blueprint for career development. All new employees are being encouraged to to take advantage of this great tool.

"It isn't the dream that you thought it would be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People who joined early are smart, and they work hard. The new breed, especially management who live off the success of the grunts who did all the work not so much

Cons

too much internal politics it used to be about smart people and smart ideas now its about who can play the game this is particularly relevant to oversight from Singapore - heads of functions have no idea how to actually do the jobs they have been given completely out of their depth and dont like being challenged

Advice to Management

get back to basics and make sure management understand what it took to be successful

Uber2017-07-17

July 24, 2017Careers Brand Team

Thanks for the review and feedback. I'm confident that a lot of the changes going on internally are improving the experience of working here. If you want to connect offline and discuss your situation, feel free to reach out - pierce@uber.com.

5. "Change The World"

Current Employee - General Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Huge Impact: changing the transport & food industries, with more planned. Everyone is empowered to do stuff, even the junior folks from Day 1. Very intelligent people to work with and learn from. Good fun to hang out-of-hours too. Trips to San Francisco, Singapore and Byron; ski trips to NZ!

Cons

The negative media [which is often unfair] gets you down sometimes. There is always another great project, so it is hard to ever feel "settled." Compensation used to be low but that is largely fixed now. Hours used to be bad but this has got better.

Advice to Management

As the company gets big, try to keep it feeling small like a startup - so we can keep building. More travel between offices to stay connected. More formalize learning too.

Uber2017-06-25

June 30, 2017Careers Brand Team

Great review, thanks for taking the time. The positive impact we have on global communities wouldn’t be possible without amazing employees all over the world. Thanks for commenting on how issues such as compensation, and work-life balance are being addressed by management. Keep up the great work in growing our ANZ business!

6. "New Starter After The Susan Fowler Blog"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Moving from a non tech company to a tech one has been the best decision I have made. Uber does not lie when they say they are fast paced and rapidly changing. If you come with a confidence that you can contribute in your own way and are comfortable in pursuing those ambitions without needing to be checked each step of the way then this is the company for you. If you feel you are not able to make a decisions... without approval from someone else then you will struggle.

Cons

I work away from San Francisco and the internal challenges Uber faces are more SF based. The external challenges are more global. You need to really believe in the current and long term goals of the company, you will question yourself and be questioned by others but you truely believe then you will become a great advocate for the change, both internal and external we are making.

Uber2017-06-21

"#SUPERPUMPED"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Sydney

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

- Working with some of the smartest people in the world on exciting ideas and problems - Happy working environment - People are passionate about what they do - Fast paced company

Cons

-Still very 'start up' in feel due to the nature of the company having localised offices (is also a pro) - Can feel disorganised at times

Uber2016-10-04

October 4, 2016Global Marketing Strategist

Thanks for the review!

"Fast paced environment, plenty of opportunity"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Melbourne

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work amazing people who work hard to solve really difficult problems I learn loads every day, the pace is very fast! I'm empowered to take ownership of problems and solve them day to day as well as with longer projects. No problem at Uber is ever too big to be solved

Cons

The hours are definitely long and expectations are high but this culture allows the small teams to achieve big things

Advice to Management

Keep the high performance culture up but make sure employees don't get burnt out

Uber2016-03-16

March 17, 2016Careers Brand Lead

Fantastic review, thank you!

"World Class Oppourtunity"

Operations Coordinator in Sydney

I have been working at Uber

Pros

Fast paced environment with incredible people from a wide range of backgrounds. Huge opportunities for learning.

Cons

Very long hours. Any one considering any position at Uber must be aware of the long hours which can sometime affect the work life balance. A large degree of this is compensated for through an outstanding company culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on personal and professional development opportunities for employees at all levels.

Uber2016-01-24

January 26, 2016Careers Brand Lead

Thank you sir or madame for your hard work and your review!

10. "Amazing environment"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Sydney

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work in a team of ambitious, intelligent, fun and creative people No two days are the same The perks! Use creative thinking to overcome problems

Cons

You can't just switch off at a weekend - anything could happen!

Uber2015-12-13