University of Derby UK "new staff" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

University of Derby UK Employee Reviews about "new staff"

Updated Aug 28, 2019

Found 65 reviews

University of Derby UK CEO Chris Hughes
Chris Hughes
Pros
Cons
  • "If a member of the team leaves, their work is offloaded on to the others in the team and it takes a while to recruit a new staff member(in 4 reviews)

• "If a member of the team leaves, their work is off loaded on to the others in the team and it takes a while to recruit a new staff member(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "new staff"

Return to all Reviews

"Still appalling"

Former Employee - IT Support in Derby, England

I worked at University of Derby UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

No longer exist in current environment.

Cons

I enjoyed my time working at the University (28 Years), however, the best decision I ever made was to move on (no choice in the matter as it happens). I feel sorry for the staff that are currently left at this place. Recently advertised post for 50 plus new staff in Admin would be for the staff that took Voluntary redundancy, this consisted of quite a few staff that had been at the university for a number of years.... I suspect that, like myself there was not a lot of choice for them as the uni needed younger staff to mould into their toxic work environment. Lip service paid to stress in the work place, values and behaviors twisted to suit management needs at the time, staff penalized for not being 100% commited (forget your social life). Current Exec has got rid of all original exec members (there one day, gone the next). All managers have their own version of the University’s agenda, lots of bullying going on at all levels. I’m glad I worked at the University when it was a pleasant place to work. Avoid this place at all costs...

Advice to Management

Get rid of current Exec leader, she doing the University no favours.

University of Derby UK2019-06-18
  2. "Employee Reviews"

Current Employee - Electronics Technician in Derby, England

I have been working at University of Derby UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's challenging but a great place to work

University of Derby UK2019-01-10

"It will make you miserable !!!!"

Current Employee - Admissions in Derby, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at University of Derby UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Parking - although you have to pay Holidays Week off at Christmas Gym Learning Centre

Cons

Bully culture People are protected at the expense of others New staff are over worked and not looked after People take credit for your hard work Poor salary and offices

Advice to Management

Look after your staff You are only keeping staff because they live locally

University of Derby UK2017-08-25

"Senior Lecturer"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at University of Derby UK full-time

Pros

Flexibility, salary, parking on site ( you do have to pay)

Cons

Workload - more and more is asked of you. If a member of the team leaves, their work is off loaded on to the others in the team and it takes a while to recruit a new staff member.

Advice to Management

Be realistic with hours on workload planner and staff need time to do research.

University of Derby UK2017-07-15