Vend Reviews

Updated 9 Jun 2021

Found 169 of over 172 reviews

3.7
Vend Interim CEO Ana Wight (no image)
Ana Wight
Pros
  • "The company is generally speaking very flexible, you can work flexible hours, work remotely and also work from home from time to time(in 15 reviews)

• "I had a good work-life balance and got to work with some very smart and kind people(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working in Melbourne is like being in high school(in 6 reviews)

• "No real path to career development (But that is being fixed and changes are already noticeable)(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great success story

24 Apr 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, strong CEO a lot of growth potential

Cons

Could pay a little higher

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

20 Mar 2021 - Sales in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, office space/work environment.

Cons

Weak sales leadership, limited hands on sales experience

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible Culture

3 Mar 2021 - Business Development in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work schedule so flexible you could walk in at 10 and out at 3 but if you dialled 40 fax machines for the day, no one would stop you.

Cons

Toxic culture, lack of professionalism, clique based promotions.

P&C Consultant

Hi there Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. One of the benefits of Vend is that we offer our staff a lot of flexibility, but this is balanced with high expectations around trust and output. Our Melbourne office is predominantly a Sales based office and sales activity and results (i.e. qualified leads and sales) are a key focus. We are really proud of the fact that our APAC team has hit target for 10 months consecutively and this has been the result of a lot of hard work from our sales people - which is a massive achievement against the background of Covid. We pride ourselves on the culture at Vend and in our most recent engagement survey 94% of employees were proud to work at Vend, and in particular in our Melbourne office, 88% of employees would recommend Vend as a great place to work. If there is any specific information that you are willing to share in relation to your comments, we would appreciate more detail. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can understand this further. Thanks, Elissa (People Experience Partner)

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

All show, no go.

20 Jan 2021 - Account Executive in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Apple laptops - Rich opportunity - Great product - Well priced

Cons

- Rudderless management leading to high staff turnover - Broken sales process - Incestous & toxic culture - Promotions provided to favourites instead of high achievers - Company moves to slow, will be swallowed by competitors by the end of '22

P&C Consultant

Hi there Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. It's good to hear that you believe we have a great product which is well priced but it's disappointing to hear your less favourable feedback. We pride ourselves on the culture at Vend and in our most recent engagement survey 88% of employees were proud to work at Vend, and in particular in our Melbourne office, 86% of employees would recommend Vend as a great place to work. We believe Vend is in a strong position to continue to be successful and we are excited about the future however if there is any specific feedback that you would like to provide, please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can understand this further. Thanks, Elissa (People Experience Partner)

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

If you get the opportunity to work at Vend - DO IT!

12 May 2020 - Business Development Executive in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

My time at Vend reasonably short, but in that time it was immediately clear to me what the three main things were that made it such an awesome place to work. 1 - The people. It is not common you find a workplace that makes you feel like you are spending time with your family regardless of if you're at home or at work. The people of Vend have managed to cultivate an environment where people feel cared for, thought of when business decisions are made and included in on most of those decisions. From upper management down, everyone is approachable, everyone is cared for and most importantly, everyone can have a laugh with each other. The Melbourne office is a hive of activity and when you throw in the collaboration of each of the other offices, that is what made Vend an awesome place to be. 2 - The product. Coming from a retail background myself, I knew what the industry need from tools for their business to run smoothly and Vend was so far ahead of what I expected when I first heard about them. The software is evolving constantly to always improve. Customers will let businesses know what they would like looked at, but how often does a business actually listen and give that customer what they are asking for? Vend does exactly that. I was satisfying to me knowing that I worked for a company that cared about the customer as much as I did. Being in a sales based role, the fact Vend was so innovative and developed with such pace made the sales process really easy. 3 - The founder. The founder of Vend, Vaughan Furgusson, was what sparked my first interest in Vend when I looked at the job. Soon after commencing my role I found him to genuinely inspiring. He is one of the main driving forces for technological integration within retail world. He is definitely one of the key reasons Vend has cultivated and environment where people care about retailers and the industry as a whole so much. He is so entrepreneurially minded in the way he interacts with both the employees of Vend and its customers. He doesn't make you feel like you HAVE to do your best work, he makes you feel like you WANT to.

Cons

Vend was a pretty awesome place to work. In my duration there, I struggled to find anything seriously negative.

P&C Consultant

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to provide such an in depth and positive review. Our product and our people are extremely important to us and it is really encouraging to hear that you experienced this during your time with Vend. I love your comment around how our Founder Vaughan inspired you to want to do your best work at Vend - we reckon he is pretty great too! Thanks again Elissa (People Experience Partner)

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great product, great culture and difficult times

4 May 2020 - BDE in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team culture - Product is truly a market leader - Ambitious and adaptive company - Office perks (pool, table tennis, coffee) - They invest in their staff

Cons

- Sometimes it felt like management wasn't aligned on goals - A few leaders don't know how to use technology very well.

P&C Consultant

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write a review and are always interested in what Venders have to say - past and present. It's great to hear that you had such a positive experience. Thank you for your feedback around management in respect to goals. The current situation has meant that our Executive Team and our Leaders have had to quickly pivot and not everything we had planned will go ahead, but we see massive opportunity in the coming months. Thanks again Elissa (People Experience Partner)

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

If you like feeling like you’ll be fired at any minute then join

7 May 2020 - Account Executive in South Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dogs, Friday drinks, ok pay

Cons

Favouritism is rife, some people do nothing and cruise along whilst others work hard and get no recognition. Catty environment with a lot of gossip and bullying. Working in Melbourne is like being in high school. There is the ‘in’ crowd and the ‘out’ crowd. They will find a way to get rid of you if you don’t fit in to their childish ‘culture’. Overhire then fire on mass. Something very fishy going on in this office, ask too many questions and you’re out. Run by petty, lazy, arrogant leaders. It’s ok as a transition job but don’t bother if you want an actual career.

6 people found this review helpful

P&C Consultant

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I’m sorry to hear that this was your experience. Our Culture at Vend is extremely important to us and we invest a lot of time and focus in ensuring we make everyone feel included and respected and we are continuing to work on this. We don’t believe that your description around overhire then mass fire is an accurate representation of the situation we have just been through. The word ‘fire’ implies folks were doing a bad job, and they weren’t. Our changes were in response to the one of the biggest economic meltdowns in history and we are impacted just like everyone else. Through this process, we have tried to do our very best by our people and will continue to do so. All the best Elissa (People Experience Partner)

8. 5.0

Amazing people

2 Mar 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of feedback and very warm and welcoming culture. Vend will foster you and it has a great culture of breaking down the barriers between departments if you put your time in.

Cons

Steep learning curve, for product and the people.

2 people found this review helpful

People Experience Partner

Hey there, We think we've got a pretty great welcoming culture too. There's certainly a lot to learn at Vend, and we foster a strong learning culture to both enable new starters and develop existing employees to really thrive. Thank you for your review. Best Heather (People Experience Partner)

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This is definitely a lifestyle job

2 Nov 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work / life balance, a lot of flexibility. - Pool table and table tennis make the day worth it - Some really friendly people in the business, with a great social life to go with it. - Friday drinks we're always a blast

Cons

- Focus on extremely fast-paced growth in terms of recruitment, means that the lead spread is very thin. - Get on the wrong-side of management and regardless of performance you will not make probation. - Not much room for career growth. - Salary is well below industry standard in comparison to other SaaS companies in similar industries. - Even though there were some friendly people in the business, there was also people who were quite two-faced which you need to be wary of. - Work ethic isn't rewarded, Where as culture is. - Vend sells PoS specifically to the retail industry, The retail industry is definitely on the way out, so don't expect a massive volume of leads. - Expect a lot of SJWs in the office to force there opinions on you.

7 people found this review helpful

People & Culture Consultant

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear about the things you enjoy at Vend. We also appreciate you outlining things you think we could be doing better. Your concerns raised will help us to work on creating a better working environment for our current Vender’s and for the future. We strongly encourage you to discuss your concerns directly with either myself or a member of your P&C team who would be more than happy to speak in more detail around your particular comments and help resolve how you are feeling. We are always open to feedback and resolving any issues in the workplace. Best Monika People Experience Partner

10. 1.0
      Current Employee

Stay away from Vend, this place stinks.....

26 Nov 2015 - Sales Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some smart and motivated people, beer, fruit & you can bring your dog to work. Induction is Ok. Nice head office location.

Cons

Horribly political environment with outrageous favouritism of the inner click. They claim to be anti corporates, but have evolved a very self destructive corporate culture that values ego & self promotion over actual results. The poor business results should be no surprise. Pay is terrible in comparison to the market. Promises of pay reviews that are made to prospective employees during hiring process are never mentioned again. HR team are like an internal affairs department and the most political area in the business. N.b They will post a review of vend saying the opposite. Stressful dealing with lots of angry and unhappy customers who have been misled buying this poor product. Really low staff engagement.

20 people found this review helpful