Venquis Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 6 Jul 2020

4.3
Venquis Group MD  Steve Garner (no image)
Steve Garner
Pros
  • "The training academy is fantastic, it gives you all the tools you need but encourages you to interpret and utilise them in your own way(in 10 reviews)

• "The hard work is paying off and now we are heading into a new era(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "On busy times it can be long hours but this is expected and you get out what you put in(in 10 reviews)

• "It's hard work but that's what it takes to be successful(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Forward thinking and changing the game!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

Work from anywhere means the consultants have the opportunity to be based where they choose - not tied to an office or desk! Culture is brilliant - collaborative, ambitious and invested in employees. No longer looks like a normal recruitment company - more like a digital consultancy, completely unlike the competition and changing the game in the industry. fit for work - invested in employees mental and physical health

Cons

lots to learn in the new digital way of working It's hard work but that's what it takes to be successful!

2. COVID-19

"We are heading into a new era!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Venquis acted quickly during the pandemic. Decisions were made that may not have suited everyone, but we have made positive changes and continued work consistently. The hard work is paying off and now we are heading into a new era. The "new" Venquis will be a fully digital business. We are no longer office based but still get to use our great locations for training/ development, social events and meet ups. This means a lot to me personally, because I can now move closer to my family in a different country. It also gives me the opportunity to get on a plane and work from ANYWHERE!

Cons

Nothing to complain so far!

3. "Plenty of opportunities.... grab them."

Current Employee - Support Team in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard work and originality are rewarded and recognised.... it's what was promised when I interviewed to join the business in 2018, and has definitely been the case - I was promoted after 7 months. We all join businesses for different reasons, mine is always to make a genuine difference.. it's what makes me proud... and at Venquis you have the autonomy and platform to do things better. I think the environment suits dynamic, self-starters, who want to take their career into their own hands. Annual company trips (this year to Lisbon), sports day, free yoga, boxing, personal training and loads of other fun stuff are regularly organised which keep us all happy and healthy.

Cons

Venquis turns 8 years old this month - which makes us a young, agile, dynamic business, but we are still evolving and working on tightening up internal processes and procedures for example.

Venquis Response

February 25, 2019Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review us and your journey so far. Congratulations on your promotion! It's great to hear that in the true Venquis spirit you are here to make a difference and help us on our journey, to becoming smarter, faster and better at everything we do. As you mentioned we are continuing to improve all processes across the business and hopefully you will have already started to see the benefits of these changes.

"Venquis Recruitment"

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

My journey so far at Venquis has been the most productive 6 months I’ve had in my career. I had been advised by friends (who already have a career in recruitment) for a few years to join to the industry and finally made the jump. I have a sales background and was already in a job but I was just cruising and probably quite bored, I was looking for a fast paced sales environment where I could learn quickly through extensive training and support, and that is exactly what I got. From the day I joined the 13 week academy I have been supported every day and guided on how to progress. Even after passing the academy the training continues with the Sales Director, putting on hourly sessions teaching our consultants how to become better recruiters. To anyone considering a career in recruit you need to have a good work ethic, but just as importantly you need to be trained and guided on how to get the most out of that hard work. You will find this a Venquis. Pros: Training Guidance Great Culture

Cons

The feeling of missing out on a placement

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Venquis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined VQ 2.5 years ago and was provided with a unique opportunity to build and grow a new division from the very beginning. If you're looking for a company that allows you to be creative, ambitious and in control of your own career path, then VQ is the company for you. I was given a great platform to build a great team and was lucky enough to have great support along the way. A balance of competitive and talented consultants with a sharp and knowledgable Board. I left to start my own journey, but very aware that this wouldn't have been a possibility without my time here.

Cons

As the previous review mentions 'This is recruitment, you need to be able to put in the hard work to get the rewards, like everywhere else! there is no entitlement to success...but the rewards & environment are great here' - Couldn't agree more!

Venquis Response

April 25, 2017CEO

Thank you for the excellent (and honest!) review. We have no doubt that you will continue to be successful in the new direction you have chosen and wish you the very best of luck. Keep in touch!

"Reviews are about helping others make decisions about companies..."

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

Reviews are about helping others make decisions about jobs and companies not a platform for lies or a tool for personal vendetta. I don't usually write reviews, but in light of the recent negative ones I've read about Venquis, I've decided to share my experience. To those genuinely interested in knowing more about Venquis, I have been working here for the last few years. Venquis offers a platform for success for anyone with the right Will, Attitude and Mindset! In the past years, I have watched consultants, both with or without experience, joining and making the most out of the opportunity, having a real impact on the business as well as their personal career & earnings. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, everyone have the same opportunity, it's all about who wants it the most. The CEO & MD are very much involved & hands on unlike other businesses I know of. They do care about people & have a strong vision for the business and a growth plan in place which means plenty of opportunities are available in sales, Management, setting up & owning new areas from scratch... Having worked for different companies in the past, my criteria to benchmark an employer are: - The company (Vision, growth plans, culture, Leadership, people) - The opportunity (clients, reputation) - Potential earnings / commission scheme - Clear career paths - Success stories - Fun So far, Venquis have been ticking all the boxes for me !

Continue reading
  7. "Great place to work - amazing incentives!"

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top training, amazing incentives, great culture, top clients, specialists in the field - a place for success!

Cons

long hours and hard work but totally worth it!!

"Be Famous!"

Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis

Pros

I had no prior experience of recruitment before joining Venquis. What attracted me to the company was the 13 week training conducted by an industry expert. From day one it’s clear that Venquis value and invest in you. As long as you put the work in you are supported every step of the way and given all the tools needed to be a 360 recruiter. It’s a supportive and positive work environment and I would recommend it to any potential candidates.

Cons

Hard work and long hours, but you get out what you put in!

"Fast Paced and Rewarding"

Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis

Pros

I began my career at Venquis very shortly after leaving University and was immediately struck with how fast paced and driven the environment was. Recruitment agencies are notorious for telling their trainees to ‘pick up the phone and get on with it’ but this definitely was not the case here. The Academy is not for the faint hearted, the learning curve is steep, but the rewards are immediate, giving a new consultant a years worth of industry knowledge in a mere 13 weeks. This allows us to say without a shadow of a doubt that all Venquis consultants are famous within their specialist markets, setting us apart from any other competition. I would highly recommend any budding recruiter to begin their journey at Venquis, we truly are second to none.

Cons

Hard Work but it pays off

"High Performance Culture"

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

After finishing my degree I chose to follow a career in recruitment because I always wanted to work in a fast-paced environment, where the challenges I faced enabled me to grow both personally and professionally and where your hard-work is really acknowledged. I chose to work for Venquis because the 13 week training academy, run by a true expert, enabled me to experience an accelerated development to a 360 consultant and become an expert in my field. I have been provided with continuous support every step of the way, and am confident this will continue. The atmosphere is great, and my team is the best I've ever worked in. Becoming a force to be reckoned with in the Business change and transformation space Venquis is the company to work for.

Cons

Its an very hard industry to work in, but the rewards are definitely worth it.

Found 13 reviews