Verizon Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 18 Jul 2020

3.8
Verizon CEO Hans Vestberg
Hans Vestberg
1,304 Ratings
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good place"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay for the work done

Cons

Upper management can be tricky

2. "Great Pay, Discounts, but STRESSFUL"

Former Employee - Customer Advocate

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay, discounts, benefits, generous pto, work from home

Cons

Doing multiple departments jobs and expecting to learn new material in one day. No assistance from so called upper management, shift bids are fixed, micromanaged, Senior Management act like they care but dont. If you tell them you are resigning, they dont try to keep you. High turn over rate

July 17, 2020

Hello, thank you for your review. Ensuring that our employees are provided a positive working environment that fosters growth and development is extremely important to us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking to improve.

3. "Good pay and benefits, but structurally disorganized"

Current Employee - Executive Producer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GREAT 401k matching Competitive pay Good benefits (vacation time, healthcare, bonus and stock plans) Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and snacks Generally very transparent

Cons

Lack of clear direction - there are rarely goals and OKRs and when there are, they are very vague and unmeasurable Upper management has very little insight/understanding of the nuances of the company's different brands that they have acquired over the years. The T&E policy and operating budgets are treated with a one-size-fits-all approach, while in reality these brands are very, very different.

June 23, 2020

We highly value our benefits programs and we're happy you do too! Thank you for your additional insights; your review means a lot to us and we will certainly take it into consideration in order to improve.

"Substandard ethics and culture. Inept leadership and management."

1.0
    Current Employee - MTS2 in Chennai

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-IT infrastructure, just the infrastructure excluding the service, is above par. -Good yearly hikes, excluding role promotions.

Cons

-There are loads of Incompetent employees still out there especially at higher bands even after mass firing on q3 18-19. -There are few gems in upper management who really runs the business, yet they don't have a voice when it comes to decision making, as narcissistic noises by Inept peers and leaders are the loudest. -High level of useless efforts, duplicate efforts because of poor forecasting, planning and ego clashes at higher levels. -Basis of promotion is questionable. Technically inferior person with loud mouth or "yes sire" -ing persons have higher scope for promotion. -Huge imbalance in terms of distribution of tasks at all levels, between teams, within teams. -No scope for pocs. -HRs exist for paperwork and management housekeeping tasks. I never had confidence in them from day1.

June 23, 2020

Hello, thank you for your review. Having the top talent in management positions is imperative for our success and providing our employees with a positive work environment is extremely important to us. We are constantly adding new programs centered around teamwork, personal growth and wellness. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking for areas to improve.

5. "Performing"

4.0
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Verizon full-time

Pros

Great team environment for employees

Cons

Poor upper management district level and above

6. "Good benefits as full time, but high pressure"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist Or Sales Representative

I have been working at Verizon part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The entire review is for corporate Verizon Wireless; Not an authorized retailer Good benefits as a full time employee Some stores have a good culture Saugus store seems to have good results, so perhaps the management situation is promising in that location as of 2020 Tuition payment ahead of time if you get a c or above in the class and reimbursement options too. They only cover certain majors like IT, business, or computer science. It has to be relevant.

Cons

They used to give you prizes for moderately difficult achievements often... but not now They're obviously downsizing on their employees. They underwent massive job cuts around 2017. Now, they are hiring part timers who don't get the same benefits. For example, my health insurance was $40 at full time and it was offered at $344 as a part time employee. They obviously make the commission structure inefficient and complicated to understand so reps don't always even know how they are getting paid, which is not uncommon in sales. They downsize the company by making some people wear way too many hats New manager in one of the Massachusetts stores essentially tricked me out of benefits blatantly and still works there, by the way... High pressure. You don't do well for one week and you may be subject to talks from upper management and small humiliations, which are excellent motivation killers and frankly, I imagine they started hiring part timers because of a developing philosophy about people being numbers. Customers were always talked about like numbers. Cliquey from what I saw. I obviously found a clique within the cliques of people who do not like cliques to begin with. However, there cliques with managers, which I generally just think alienates employees and makes them feel nervous about their superiors and coworkers like they have to perform in some way that is not a work duty in order to get praise or help. Not as bad in some stores as others. Part timers do not get good health insurance options and I don't think they get 401k matching, but full timers do. They work you a lot and it has potential to be enough on you to inadvertently keep you limited to one class per semester with the tuition reimbursement, depending on how hard your classes are.

March 11, 2020Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful review. Ensuring that our employees are provided a positive work experience is extremely important to us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking to improve.

7. "Good Work environment"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Verizon for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work environment and work-life balance

Cons

Upper management need to be more upfront of company direction.

8. "Work experience"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Verizon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company with great benefits

Cons

work life balance, continuous change by upper management

9. "Chaos"

2.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Union bargained wages and benefits

Cons

Complete upper management is in chaos

February 6, 2020Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us, as we are always looking to improve.

10. "Great Company"

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Benefits are wonder from day one

Cons

Upper Management can sometimes over look good candidates

Found 592 reviews