Vestas Wind Systems Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 38 reviews

3.4
Vestas Wind Systems CEO 	Anders Erik Runevad
Anders Erik Runevad
  1. "Senior Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hightech company, salary, top 3 player in its market, very good engineering dept, IT structure, known by quality, global company,

Cons

Management only looking for themselves

Vestas Wind Systems2016-08-03
  2. "Great team despite financial difficulties"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Paris

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People at Vestas love their jobs and know they are making a difference. They try to adapt to all situations, and made more efforts to try and accompany the financial difficulties the company was going through when I left in 2013. I have seen colleagues having great international careers. I had 2 great managers who were helping us grow and lead our negotiations and had our backs when times were rough but never micromanaged...

Cons

Financial situation made employees go through tough times. Some "interesting" decisions were made as to office location and spaces etc., but overall, the people and team spirit helped overcome this. A bit obscure compensation and benefits rules (I have questions around the men/women equality, but have no proper information to verify this concern). I regret they shutdown the Graduate Program which was attracting young...

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to communicate with your people!

Vestas Wind Systems2016-03-14
  3. "Vestas"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Aarhus

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative company, with great people working in it.

Cons

Sometimes the size can slow down projects.

Vestas Wind Systems2015-07-01

"Great pay and benefits but rapidly shrinking"

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

European company with good pay and benefits but dealing with the constant change and reorgs is challenging.

Cons

Dealing with Danish counterparts can be a challenge to say the least. Be prepared to work at night or early am from time to time if you want to get anything done so that you can coordinate with Denmark employees. Very centralized structure.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the moral of your employees.

Vestas Wind Systems2014-08-24

"Could be better. I have been in worse"

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance and compensation. Lack of structure can lead to getting more done if you have a good network. You can get exposed to a lot of different parts of the business if you put in the work.

Cons

There are groups who have made it an art form to deflect all accountability and rarely do you have someone take ownership for a problem. There is a culture of finger pointing to the point where I believe it is part of the corporate culture. Be prepared for the hours of busy work caused by teams trying to justify their existence.

Advice to Management

Accountability and measurement. There are too many people justifying their existence without providing you tangible results. Align budgets with cost savings initiatives where you have given money and time during the year. Look at staffing a little closer. You have some groups who have way too many people and others who are stretched very thin.

Vestas Wind Systems2014-07-31
  6. "Company restructure meant no enough resources, stagnate projects and no accountability."

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

investment into infrastructure when the company was profitable meant that facilities and IT systems were top notch. a truly global company at the time.

Cons

lots of changes during 2012 meant that people were put into positions but had no idea how to conduct that role. Many people left the company and company restructuring meant not enough resources to complete projects that were "cooking" for several months/years. (Number of employees went from 23,000+ employees down to <17,000 at the time (30% of workforce made redundant or forced out in a year's time).

Advice to Management

career development, bonus, motivation - inexistent, possibly mainly due to company restructure. Penny pinching on small things just made situation worse. disconnect from day to day work/people reporting in to you possibly as well as many managers were put into roles they had no experience on with a completely new team.

Vestas Wind Systems2014-07-01
  7. "Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chennai

I have been working at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Compensation comparing the similar companies You shall see very good freedom to work Good personal growth

Cons

frequent org changes affects how do you work & team changes frequent Layoffs to reduce number of people Financial conditions

Advice to Management

Better planning Reduce frequent layoffs

Vestas Wind Systems2014-05-01

"Unforgettable"

Former Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Professional BS deliverables. Decent pay, especially for Sr mgrs.. Vacation, amazing only if one could use what was accrued.

Cons

Respect. Morals. Ethics. Integrity., NOT defined in this companies mission or values as a company.

Advice to Management

Sr./Directors an up for management need to realize that they are NOT the one that makes that company. That the "replace idiots" are the ones that work long hard hours to make corporate shine to the public eye. After all if the company can afford to pay mgt training gathers, mgrs to fly around just because they want to see the Country then they can give more than .cents for a raise! $ is owed to them. Heck start with stop...

Vestas Wind Systems2014-03-12
    • "Like a whirlwind that came and went"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Singapore

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good engineers to work with. Company focused on innovation and not afraid to push the boundaries.

Cons

Poor management in Houston/Singapore who do not understand wind turbine technology and yet try to make technology decisions.

Vestas Wind Systems2013-10-23
    • "Poor"

Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Vestas Wind Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros in this company

Cons

Lack of management oversite, keeps you guessing.

Advice to Management

Communicate

Vestas Wind Systems2013-10-21