Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

2.6
Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer CEO Rich Balot
Rich Balot
Pros
  • "Good pay and excellent benefits(in 36 reviews)

• "If you're a strong seller, you can make some good money(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes upper management thinks that there shouldn't be a work/life balance which then becomes aggravating(in 111 reviews)

• "Keep changing the commission structure(in 72 reviews)

1. "Business matters"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time

Pros

Great service to sell and commission pay out 2 times a month

Cons

Services can be pricey to customer, accessories are priced amazingly high, commission checks can be sad to look at if you are in a location that doesnt pull a lot of traffic.

2. "Victra"

Current Employee - Small Business Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good compensation for those that are performing, goals are reasonable and attainable.

Cons

Tough work life balance at times when you are wanting to hit goals and maximize pay but that comes with most sales positions

"Used to be great"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Parkersburg, WV

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Direct Management was great. The company is truly about educating their sales staff. Competitive and fast paced.

Cons

Compensation plan changed regularly, often not for the better. District managers are changed regularly. Job is threatened pretty regularly by in coming district manager.

"Good Money"

5.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Grass Valley, CA

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money, strong leadership, not overly difficult.

Cons

Each store is going to be very different.

5. "They say they care"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I started with this company it was amazing for the first year. Great compensation, competitive environment, people that cared about their performance and their reputation and great leadership. Literally my favorite company to work for. But, they made a lot of moves in senior management and promised to make this a better place and went off firing or laying off a bunch of people. It seemed as if they didn't care about people, even though their message was that they do care. Very heartless way of conducing business and treating people.

Cons

They promise they're getting better. Literally promise, but, they actually never get better. They sell a dream about becoming a better company to work for. But it just seemed to get worse. 2 years ago, this really was a great company to work for. Now they pretend they "invest" in leadership, and that's as far as it goes. You're not a person nor a human. You're a number and a nobody. Sad, but true.

6. "Fun Experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexibility for schedule trades and PTO -Fun environment -Opportunity to make good money -Motivational Leaders -Dental, Vision and Life Insurance

Cons

-Management is unbalanced (Some awesome managers and some terrible managers) -Constantly changing environment (Commission structure changes) -Favoritism

7. "Review"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Milpitas, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer part-time for more than a year

Pros

Commission, fun culture, competitive pay, room for growth, awesome

Cons

Management seemed inexperienced, fluctuating metrics

"Sinking culture, sinking company"

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Victra is a small enough company where you can find some unique opportunities to grow. Culture was awesome at the HQ but change in leadership, turnover, and instability has led to a sinking culture. I have had some select leaders make an impact on my development and I am grateful for that.

Cons

Poor leadership development Constant change in processes and "restructuring" creates job insecurity and truly makes you wonder if leadership knows what they are doing. Impulse decisions effect lives and production...something I do not think they care much about. Awful performance reviews - No formal process and when I did receive my positive review...I was provided with broad explanations and no professional development came out of the discussion. Sinking culture - I had the unique ability to see the growth of Victra's culture in the HQ. But I also witnessed how it deteriorated. Communication - It is one thing to have constant changes but when you can't properly communicate these changes it creates a mess. Feedback? Ya right. Transparency? Don't count on it. I understand companies need to do what they have to do given the circumstances. But how you execute these decisions is what matters. Am I upset I was laid off? No. I am disappointed that I was told one day before I was set to return from furlough that I was being let go. I am even more disappointed my "boss" did not have the professionalism to be the one to reach out to me.

9. "Okay for first job"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Commission based where you can makes decent money

Cons

Capped pay where you can’t make much money

10. "Sales Matter more than anything"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Victra-Verizon Authorized Retailer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good management, will help you grow in sales

Cons

work home balance is not a high priority to their employees

Found 849 reviews