Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas Reviews

Updated 4 Sep 2019

2.6
  1. "Great place to work, high pressure but not too stressful, employees are generally all fun, honest people."

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I worked at Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free movies, Meet lots of different people, make good friends/work with fun people, generally good hours for university student.

Cons

Hard to control the amount of shifts you get, easy to get 'written up' for cash indiscretions- which are sometimes unavoidable (a bit unfair), everything is very monitored.

2. "work"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas part-time

Pros

good hours, easy work, free movies

Cons

big company only looking after the big wigs.

Continue reading
  3. "Poor hours and work environment"

1.0
    Customer Service in Melbourne

I worked at Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas

Pros

some pros were energetic people, nice young group of workers. Staff benefits such as $1 movies, and cheap combos.

Cons

The biggest negative was the lack of penalty rates for weekends and nights. You will work many friday and saturday nights understaffed with the expectation of staying back late.

Continue reading
  4. "The staff were great to work with, but as always, the work environment greatly depended on the Management team."

2.0
    Former Employee - Entertainment Service Provider in Melbourne

I worked at Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free movies, some training (RSA, Food Handling, Barista Skills),

Cons

Felt that you were constantly watched and waiting to do something wrong. Management didn't have time to listen or implement any good ideas at a site level.

5. "Good benefits"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are pretty good, can be a fun place to work.

Cons

Long hours, lack of penalty rates, cost-cutting business.

6. "fun but frustrating, managers are good people but lack experience within the company that leads to friction."

2.0
     in Pasadena, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas

Pros

the people I worked with were great, other than a few managers. the employee perks are amazing and the social atmosphere kept me with the company when problems with management arose.

Cons

The communication between management and staff is the worst I have ever seen, very few managers were promoted from in house and have no real experience within the company so when decisions are made by management without any input from staff that is impacted there is some friction that could easily be avoided.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews