Vrbo Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 13 Jan 2021

3.8
Vrbo Senior Vice President and General Manager Jeff Hurst (no image)
Jeff Hurst
Pros
  • "Great benefits, great people who genuinely care about you and your well being(in 60 reviews)

• "Good work-life balance and kind coworkers(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can sometimes be a challenge(in 15 reviews)

• "Expedia's flaws are actively hurting Vrbo(in 15 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Partner Success Manager in London, England, England

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities, great benefits and amazing people, company stands by its values which are great

Cons

The communication between the top management and the staff could be improved

"A difficult place to thrive if you're not white"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Vrbo full-time

Pros

Friendly people, great benefits. Great working in travel for a highly profitable company.

Cons

I can only speak about my experience working on the marketing team. I don't know if this is true in other departments. I visited the other offices before and they did seem more diverse. I worked at the downtown location which was where the marketing organization was housed. I was always one of the only nonwhite people. This wasn't a big deal usually since everyone was really friendly. But the longer I was there the more it seemed as if everyone in leadership roles was predominantly from similar backgrounds (white, Texan, cis, married with kids or looking to be, often people who did sports or participated in Greek life in college. To their credit they did have some LGB leadership while I was there). And in fact so many of the team members in general were like that. It didn't seem like I had a future there and most of the great opportunities were indeed going to my white coworkers. I know that people who had been there less time than I was and worked less than I did were being paid more than me. I became very tired of being the only non white person in 99.9% of meetings. I am much happier now after leaving for a more diverse workplace. My salary also increased substantially as soon as I left and I have been given several merit raises and promotions in a short time which made my Vrbo raises look like a joke. I spoke to one of my Black female colleagues after leaving and she had the exact same experience. I haven't asked other non white former coworkers about their experience because frankly there aren't many to ask.

Continue reading

"Great people and great benefits."

Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great people who genuinely care about you and your well being.

Cons

Top Level leadership (people who you never really see) isn't always in touch with what's going on. People can be a bit passive aggressive as a rule.

4. "Industry is in a Free Fall. Great place to work but Travel is changing."

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits. Wonderful group of people with a fun and hard work attitude

Cons

The company has lost its way since being acquired. Needs to get back to basics and focus on the customer.

5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Singapore

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Amazing people and culture

Cons

Major changes every quarter Budget cuts all the time

6. "Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, managers care about advancement, fun work place, ability to be creative

Cons

Job was sometimes monotonous. The commute, like everything in Austin, was awful.

7. "Work with great people in a fun category"

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great team to work with -Get to think about travel as part of your job -Great benefits -Very inclusive culture.

Cons

-Tough competitive business. -A lot of ongoing organizational changes

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Vrbo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great perks, low stress, nice coworkers.

Cons

Travel industry can be a roller-coaster sometimes.

"Customer Service Representative"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, you get a good amount of Paid Time Off and Sick hours along with Floating Holiday hours. The offices are nice modern spaces along with your typical free snacks kitchens. The people that work here are all very enjoyable people to work with. Employees are smart and helpful along with being laid back. Parties and events are pretty cool. They also buy food every week depending what time your shift is.

Cons

The biggest con would have to be the job itself. You really have to have tough skin if your going to be a rep for the company. The customers that you support tend to have a negative user experience with the product itself which causes most of the calls to be escalated and workload to be a very stressful. You will come to realize not only will you have to provide basic support on how to use the website but also be the customers therapist, property manager, investigator which can be emotionally draining. Although not all calls are like this, there is a good percentage of inbound calls that are like this. Any job under the Customer Experience umbrella you will be working in a call center environment so if you are not the type of individual who does not like to be judged by your metrics and be micro managed by a system that monitors your every minute then this may not be a good fit for you.

Continue reading

"Worked when company was still HomeAway"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Vrbo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and vacation time, Nice office, free food and drink, decent pay, fun events

Cons

Favoritism, micro managing, not a lot of opportunity for advancement unless you’re on someone’s good side. “Clicky” atmosphere

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews