Web Applications UK Developer Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 3 reviews

1.7
Web Applications UK CEO Craig Dean
Craig Dean

"Not a great career start."

Former Employee - Developer in Manchester, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are wonderful people here Free perks Staff outings Office has pool table and nice breakout area Great colleagues with genuine passion for what they do

Cons

Micromanagement and control! Old tech still predominant, but changing slowly. As a first job can really alter your perspective about how you expect the industry to be.

Advice to Management

It is a strange place to work. Having a new job I can see this now. Your place was the first I worked at and you almost destroyed my confidence enough to make me feel like this was how it was everywhere. It is not. Not everyone here is bad most are amazing and I only hope they will find better things. Consider a new chief exec.

Web Applications UK2019-03-10

"Much better than average!"

Former Employee - Developer in Oldham, England

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is based on really good principles and there is a great deal of effort made to develop its' employees. The offices are light and spacious with great facilities and you do feel they want to provide the latest and greatest software and hardware to work with. You get to work in teams and individually, which helps you develop your interpersonal skills, with access to training. There is access to... tea/coffee/cereal and gaming facilities.

Cons

There does not seem to be many people with a lot of experience in the core/historical systems, which can be stressful for newbies. I did feel like I was surrounded constantly by new staff and very few long term staff - the ones there are are very supportive however! I will not labor the points made in previous reviews, they speak for themselves and are factual.

Advice to Management

Keep developing talent, I did appreciate my time there. Pay is below everywhere else, perhaps address that - I would have considered staying but for this.

Web Applications UK2016-12-28

"I learned lots! Took this long to hear about site and to pluck courage to review."

Former Employee - Developer

I worked at Web Applications UK full-time

Pros

Arcade machines, pool tables. Really nice team to work with at developer level and free drinks on tap (in cans). Watch out for cake too it will make you fat! There are some good bakers ;)

Cons

HR department does not seem impartial as I would expect. Seems clique and closed door buddy buddy to me. Felt like if you make waves you will end up overboard. Not sure animals roaming and peeing is hygenic (may have been a one off). Ceo will scare you (or try). Lots of mumbo jumbo really, behaves like Judge Judy - without the smile. It is unlike any other company - but I felt in a bad way. These are my... feelings. I will not forget the good things, the opportunity and the good people who are not to be brushed together though.

Advice to Management

Not a manager so cannot really offer any.

Web Applications UK2015-12-20

Web Applications UK Response

January 7, 2016Chief Executive

Thanks for plucking up the courage to post a review! I don't know how long ago you left, but it was certainly the case that we (and I) made mistakes earlier this year, as I've alluded to elsewhere. There was a lot of personal pressure and stress and it could've been handled better. ...

Found 3 reviews