Wells Fargo Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 27 Jul 2020

3.6
Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Scharf
Charlie Scharf
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Personal Banker"

Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Salt Lake

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Young environment, can get promoted fast, laid back manager

Cons

Aggressive sales goals, upper management to much pressure

2. "Great culture, little guidance. I’m still committed!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Wells Fargo loves being a part of the community they’re in through volunteering and free financial education outside of the branch. -They still have traditional bank services and features like actual tellers with the option of digital for customers based on preferences. -Changes are made off of customer and team member feedback vs. company goals. -You are able to be the best version of yourself as Wells Fargo allows diversity in backgrounds,thoughts, and ideas which supports our diverse customer base. -If you consistently work hard, you will be noticed and rewarded no matter how incompetent your manager is! -Benefits are good, and there are many options available. New team members start with 12 or 13 days of PTO, 2 personal holidays, and 2 community service days in addition to regular bank holidays. -The top priority managers teach their team is to focus on the customers need through understanding what’s most important to them and not the bank.

Cons

-Middle management is a joke and half. My District Manager stays at home 4/5 days a week and managed by emailing reports. I think I may see them once every other month which is not supportive of my career development. Unfortunately, this a trend from market to market. I’m not sure what happens when someone becomes a DM... someone need to look at that. -As a Branch Manager, it can be difficult to complete your responsibilities due to staffing issues that never end. It’s hard to be upset, because most of them move to different areas or get promoted. It’s just really hard to get a posting for a new position. -Our teller and banker systems are outdated. They have errors and delay customer interactions on a daily basis. -There is no sales incentive for doing well. More times than not, a branch that has large volumes of customer traffic will always receive higher payout than smaller branches. The customers literally come to those branches to apply for accounts. They way the incentive is made, branch balance totals are adjusted so frequently that you never understand if your branch is actually growing! This makes it difficult for a manager to motivate their team to exceed customer expectations each day. I see where they’re coming from.. why work harder when they’re going to pay you incentive for just coming to work LOL. -The pay structure is silly. Like May companies, they make salary decisions based on how easy or difficult is will be to retain you. So if I live in an area with less jobs equal to mine at other companies, they have a lower risk of me leaving and pay me less. If I live in an area with a lot of competition for my skills, they pay more. This causes team members to get paid less for the same job someone is doing in another area regardless of their work ethic. Raises? 1% if you perform, 2% if you exceed, 3% if you do some type of sexual favor for your boss if you can find them after they give you keys to the branch. I’m kidding about the 3%. That’s too generous for them. -The training has become the worst I’ve ever seen at a company of this size. When I first began in 2012, they taught more in-depth material that allowed you to come into the branch with a basic idea of what you’re doing. Now, my team members come in the branch with two weeks of questions to ask. Unfortunately, the manager has to then choose to do their tasks or support the team member by actually training them. Of course I choose my team members development which leads to extra hours in the Branch for myself after close for everything else. -I feel appreciated by upper management, but it’s lip service most of the time. I think they expect my direct manager to do the leg work to make me feel valued and that’s missing completely. After numerous positive customer reviews, the recognition I receive is only based on me teaching other people how to achieve the same business results. Can I at least get a breakfast muffin? Or even an empty bag with an imaginary muffin? Ok, well let’s start with a thank you and go from there :) -Geez look at the time - by now you may be thinking I’m a disgruntled employee, but I’m not. I just feel the bank could support areas better than they are and meet the commitments they strive to meet with their team members like they attempt to do with customers.

Continue reading

3. "Great Pay and Benefits"

Current Employee - App Systems Engineer in Philippine

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Life balance, good pay, nice building, great colleagues

Cons

Upper management sometimes are not honest enough to the employees

4. "Stable work until it isn't"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people, resources. 401K match. Decent PTO.

Cons

Layoffs are kept close in upper management, then sprung on entire org trees.

"Company only cares about sales"

2.0
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pto is very good. Lots of vacation and days off

Cons

Sales pressure is horrible and upper management does unethical things to hit sales goals

6. "Great place to work n grow"

Former Employee - Personal Banker II in Centennial, CO
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great colleagues And team members

Cons

Upper management too young to lead

7. "Unfulfilling experience but pays well"

Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Manila, Manila

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- good culture that prioritizes work life balance - good salary

Cons

- upper management politics can be disgusting - you won’t have the change to utilize your full skillset due to the very functional way teams are structured

8. "Good atmosphere"

Current Employee - Banker

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Set hours, great benefits, work culture

Cons

Management, inconsistent direction from upper management

9. "Solid Company - Good Culture"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The teams I've worked with have been some of the best in the business. There is always room for advancement somewhere in the bank

Cons

Compensation for promotions internally isn't great. You're better off coming from the outside if you want market pay. Upper management has periodically let us down since 2016

"Micro management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

What pros, you worry about your job daily

Cons

Upper management, feeling of uneasy every time you come to work. You cannot expresses or offer ideas with out being reprimanded

Found 582 reviews