Western Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Western Dental Services Reviews

Updated 22 Jan 2020

3.1
Western Dental Services CEO Dan Crowley (no image)
Dan Crowley
Pros
  • "Great place to begin your dental career(in 9 reviews)

• "Fast paced; lots to learn and a strong steady organization(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management changes frequently, turnover is high among employees, the employees are paid very low, but managers and above are above market(in 13 reviews)

• "Low pay, they send you to different offices without even asking if you’re okay with going(in 12 reviews)

1. "Review of the Company."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Orange, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

new technical training , nice people, and good management.

Cons

Lack of Employee benefits (pension and 401k)

Western Dental Services2020-01-22
  2. "18 Years of Growth"

Current Employee - Rda/Floor Back Coordinator

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

An excellent work environment - Our employees come to work with a positive attitude and do the best they can to help our patients and each other. You will always see teamwork occurring. Excellent customer Service - One of our goals is to ensure that our patients, which are children from the ages of 1 to 17 years old feel comfortable while having treatment done. Great benefits - This company offers medical insurance, vision insurance, and as well 401 retirement plan. Opportunity for Growth - I started working here as an RDA, and I later became a floor coordinator. This has allowed me to learn so much more behind the scenes. I am very happy working with western dental kids!

Cons

I was use to working earlier shifts, however the hours at my office change to later times. Nonetheless, I still enjoy working with my team and aiding children in need for dental care.

Western Dental Services2020-01-20
  3. "Awful"

Former Employee - Lead RDA

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time

Pros

You get your hours and good experience.

Cons

Way overworked.. No one cares about you. Hours suck and you work almost every weekend.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees!!

Western Dental Services2020-01-18
  4. "Not good for long term"

Former Employee - PCC

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experience for those new to medical field

Cons

Not a great company. Profit over patients. Patient yell at you, doctors yell at you. They create new and endless spreadsheets you have to enter sales data in, and you get like 13 emails a day about daily profits, and how many people you need to call to get them back to the dental office. But they never have any type of meetings or emails about the quality of care they’re giving because they don’t care. Better to get some experience and get out.

Advice to Management

Upper management should be ashamed of themselves for lowballing workers pay, and forcing pcc to up sell thousands of unneeded dental care.

Western Dental Services2019-12-31
  5. "TERRIBLE"

Former Employee - Prosthodontist

I worked at Western Dental Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Patients for the most part are nice and understanding

Cons

Terrible, terrible place to work. Poor customer service, even worse quality of dentistry, and gross overtreatment. The offices are poorly run with lack of caring from the managing dentists all the way down to the assistants and front staff. I understand that it's a healthcare setting and that it's often difficult to run on time, but I got daily complaints from patients about how they had to wait 2+ hours or the fact that they felt they were seen as a number rather than a patient. Corporate is even worse with poor communication, lack of knowledge, and overall clueless demeanor. For a network that touts comprehensive treatment and a multi-speciality approach, coordination and communication are the worst I've seen. With the number of private offices and DSO's around, I would recommend employment with anyone else.

Western Dental Services2019-11-30
  6. "Great place for experience"

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor/RDA, OA in Hanford, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to begin your dental career

Cons

Over worked and under paid

Western Dental Services2019-10-12

"Dont do it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The medical, dental and vision benefits are really good. Excellent plans.

Cons

Everything! This is the most disorganized company that I have ever worked for. The only concern is for the dollars coming in. Very poor customer service for both internal and external customers. No interest in making improvements. Company motto seems to be "Thats the way we've always done it". The offices are terrible and are bias against their patients who are low income, purposefully giving them last priority appointments or referring them out because the fee is too low to warrant the dentists time and attention. I cant wait to get away from this company. I'm surprised they have not been sued for all of this terrible behavior. PTO plans suck! Some employees earning as little as .45 hours per pay period. Need to allow for holiday eves off, especially Christmas and the day before or after thanksgiving.

Advice to Management

Advocate for your employees!

Western Dental Services2019-10-25
  8. "Disorganized"

Former Employee - Rda

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always hiring. Can get a job easily.

Cons

All about money. No patient care.

Western Dental Services2019-10-09
  9. "How I got hired"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kristina helped me get a job after helping find an office to do my internship. Without her it couldnt have been possible . She believed in me and I am beyond grateful. This will be my first job fresh out of school , and I can tell my office is going to be amazing. There’s nothing but good vibes there.

Cons

I don’t have any cons at the moment.

Western Dental Services2019-08-27
  10. "Don’t work in AZ"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, descent pay, education and THAT IS IT!!!

Cons

The doctors constantly berate you with personal insults. PDM has a God complex. Corporate only cares about the bottom line. It has been said many times that your job is about numbers, not pt care

Advice to Management

Happy employees are productive employees, upset, insulted, and non clinical employees simply don’t matter. Change it

Western Dental Services2019-09-27