Westpac Group Sales Manager Reviews

Updated 19 Aug 2020

4.9
Westpac Group Managing Director and CEO Brian Hartzer (no image)
Brian Hartzer
1 Rating
  1. "Westpac - I recommend working here."

5.0
    Former Employee - Associate Director, Cash Management Sales in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Westpac Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Oldest Australian bank with a great brand and reputation (despite one-offs like AUSTRAC issue). They bring on good people that encourage a friendly and collaborative culture. If you have a good attitude and deliver real results, you'll be able to move around and expand your career, both domestically and internationally. Westpac supports its high performing employees with education funding as well. Lastly, even up until my last day after 11 years and 6 jobs there, Westpac was there for me and we parted on the best terms.

Cons

Accountability can be hard to pinpoint due to heavily bureaucratic mindset and reporting structure, means decisions are made slowly or too late altogether. Westpac tries to be all things to all people, rather than focusing on being good at a few key products/segments. Under-invested in its technology platforms over the years, so it's having to compensate for it now and into the near future, potentially taking funding away from other key enhancements. Too soft on underperforming employees, therefore diluting the potential strength of its people offering and performance culture.

Continue reading
  2. "Westpac"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Westpac Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They are trying to create a great culture

Cons

Nothing to think of really.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews