Wet ‘n Wild "lifeguard" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Wet ‘n Wild Employee Reviews about "lifeguard"

Updated 22 Jul 2019

Found 56 reviews

4.1
Pros
  • "consistent raises, lots of great people, lots of(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Underpaid, as a lifeguard I expect 22ph minimum, you get(in 6 reviews)

• "Extremely hot in the valley that can sometime hit the 120's and lots of heat exaustions(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "lifeguard"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Sydney Lifeguard"

I worked at Wet ‘n Wild

Pros

mixed would be the word is used to describe this job, your fellow workmates are normally really good, it turns into a big fa amity after a few weeks so everyone gets along really well, a fast paced day is a good day, but quiet ones can also be good, very multicultural so you meet heaps of different people.

Cons

Wasn't overall positive for me, some bosses are hard to get along with, logic doesn't exist within the workplace, long days you are expected to work 10 hours regularly everyday and adding travel time it's quite taxing. Underpaid, as a lifeguard I expect 22ph minimum, you get $17 - $19ph. Breaks are short and unpaid, bosses do play favourites, making it tough to progress and they...

Advice to Management

Memorable experience and glad I did it but much better jobs out there. Management should listen to all employees if they have other approaches, some have more efficient ideas, employ more people and not burn employees out.

Wet ‘n Wild2016-07-12
  2. "Lifeguard"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Kapolei, HI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wet ‘n Wild part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free rides Weight-loss New friends (There’s not much)

Cons

Starving for food 30 minute breaks Stairs Only way to buy food there was to have them take it out your pay Kitchen staff think lifeguards are basically having an orgy cause everyone hooked up

Advice to Management

More breaks- more time

Wet ‘n Wild2018-05-29
  3. "Sweat Shop"

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wet ‘n Wild part-time

Pros

The ONLY good thing about working here is the people, most of them are really easy to get along with and very inviting.

Cons

Unless you want to work in a sweat shop with some really cool people don't work here. Im a lifeguard and I have noticed the company is very cheap in how they pay and run things and really doesn't care about their employees (lifeguards at least). Dont work here you might get stuck in the blak hole that seems to keep people working here

Wet ‘n Wild2015-09-21
  4. "lifeguard"

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wet ‘n Wild

Pros

this is my first job, great networking and you meet a lot of awesome people employees/guests, don't have to pay for red cross certification, get paid for training and free entrance into UO busch gardens and seaworld. get paid weekly

Cons

no out times for lifeguards so you could be working a 12+ hour shift, but overtime is great

Advice to Management

hire more people so lifeguards dont have to work such long hours in summer

Wet ‘n Wild2015-06-17
  5. "Crappy job for high schoolers"

Former Employee - Admissions in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Wet ‘n Wild part-time for less than a year

Pros

Short Shifts. Free entry to park and cheap food from park restaurants.

Cons

hired too many employees so nobody was able to get very many hours.If you aren't a lifeguard or already a supervisor, then you aren't valued very highly.

Advice to Management

Make the amount of hours you are able to offer employees clear before hiring them. Review the schedules created by supervisors. They are often favorable only for supervisor's friends.

Wet ‘n Wild2014-10-29