White Clarke Group Reviews

Updated 2 Sep 2020

4.4
White Clarke Group Group CEO Brendan Gleeson (no image)
Brendan Gleeson
Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of transparency from senior management and internal politics(in 7 reviews)

• "I can't think of any cons about WCG(in 5 reviews)

1. "good company to learn new things"

5.0
    Current Employee - IT Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning new things Working Flexibility Great working environment Great Staff

Cons

More resources are put into other remote sites Management making rapid changes without thinking of the long term goal or effects of not doing it properly the first time round. Salary package not attractive

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to give opportunities to all our employees and are proud of how many employees have spent time in all our offices across the world.

"Working environment for BA"

2.0
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time

Pros

Technically you will gain knowledge

Cons

No planning, no friendly working culture, no wfh, BAs mostly will get testing work

Continue reading

3. "A great company for stepping in the country"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in North Sydney

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Learning Curve for BAs, Exposure to technical details as a tech BA, good work life balance

Cons

Technology is not trans formative, Career growth isn't great

4. "Progressive Organisation and Supportive Management and Colleagues"

5.0
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Sydney

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

World leading organisation in finance software, offers work life balance, has a culture of open communication, supportive Management and colleagues

Cons

Nothing in particular to be commented on

"TOXIC COMPANY AND OUTDATED TECHNOLOGY"

1.0
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Blacktown

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Convenient office location North Sydney.

Cons

Outdated technology and methodology. Many employees provide feedback on improvements but management is too proud to listen. They only care about getting money in their pockets they dont care about employees. They make us work long hours even though you make them aware of your personal circumstances. Managers will bully us if we don’t do as told. You only get promoted based on relationship with senior management.

White Clarke Group Response

White Clarke Group have an open door policy that allows employees the opportunity to share their feedback and ideas with stakeholders, as a global team we would be keen to explore your comments further with you. The recent changes within our structure allow employees the exposure to various stakeholders across the world and opportunities for Q&A with the CEO at the townhall events . The R&D team are investigating new and innovative technology and methodologies and we are developing our product to keep ahead of the market.

6. "Java Developer"

Former Employee - Java Developer in Sydney

I worked at White Clarke Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people to work with and very good office location with good views. Lot to learn in terms of domain if new to asset finance.

Cons

As company started expanding it is focusing only on completing tasks and making profits no much team activities like it used to be.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback, we now have social committees in all of our locations and they are working hard to plan team activities for all our employees,.

"TERRIBLE executive leadership and culture"

1.0

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

some friendly staff, management does not know what employees do so they can relax

Cons

UK management team does not know how to run a company. they are horrible with staff and always feel superior. the culture is very toxic. staff are not valued but they want staff to work hard, extra hours with no compensation. they dont trust other offices in other regions so they control everything. staff are sick of them. many are leaving for lower pay because they cant stand the management.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback. The team are working to address your concerns and will review these to help us drive the business forwards.

"java developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location and office in Sydney

Cons

Outdated technologies. I was told as java developer but there are too many works with dojo which is outdated.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your feedback and pleased to hear you are enjoying the new office space. Our product team are working to migrate to an Angular platform and Java 8, this is large project but is well under way.

"Great company but with a outdated culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Growing business, new clients have been signed up recently. 2. People are very helpful and supportive. Everyone knows the bigger picture and works towards a single goal. 3. Flat organisation structure, no much hierarchy around, no bureaucracy 4. The company seems to be good in hiring people. They have hired many developers in my team during the last one year and a couple of testers. The new people were up to speed in no time and fit into the culture very well.

Cons

1. Outdated technology. I would rather code in AngularJS or TypeScript than Dojo. 2. Outdated mindset. This manifests itself in many ways -  Waterfall methodology is still being used -  Very strict office timings. Too much importance given to hours spent in office. Working from home is discouraged. -  Formal dressing is mandated. Most of us here are technical people who do a lot of thinking every day, work with our computers and almost never meet any clients. We will be more comfortable with casual dressing.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We are always looking for ways to enhance our employees experience and how we manage the needs of our clients alongside the needs of our employees. We will highlight your thoughts to the senior team and look forward to us all working as a team to grow WCG.

10. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Sydney

I have been working at White Clarke Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

No bureaucracy, open door policy. Environment is mostly harmonious but not without challenges. Everyone works towards a common goal.

Cons

Given it's a small sized company, there is not much room to move around but managers would ensure that employees are involved and interested.

White Clarke Group Response

Thank you for your comments, we are very pleased to hear you are enjoying working for WCG

Found 89 reviews