WilsonHCG Reviews

Updated 27 Jul 2020

3.7
WilsonHCG CEO John Wilson
John Wilson
Pros
  • "Work from home- not micro managed(in 47 reviews)

• "As far as other pros - I would say work/life balance is there if you work hard and get your job done(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor work life balance and organization was not staffed enough for how quickly they were growing(in 18 reviews)

• "Working from home is not for everyone(in 13 reviews)

1. "Lots of oppurtunities for growth!"

4.0

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

- the company is growing rapidly - which means there are lots of opportunities for growth and advancement for the ambitious ones - exposure to big clients - your voice can really be heard and your ideas applied! - good culture! - good benefits - private medical, gym membership, perks at the office, kudos points

Cons

- it can be hectic, due to rapid growth a lot of work is adhoc and due to that there is not much routine - not very high compensation

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Attraction Specialist

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting internal projects, big names clients, many development opportunities

Cons

Compensation, senior management, short deadlines

3. "Remote work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Options to work remote, good company culture and work/life balance, CEO is very open with communication to employees, there is opportunity for monthly, quarterly and annual bonuses.

Cons

Quality of management is not consistent across different accounts, resulting in the lack of guidance, structure and opportunities for success. Base salary is not very competitive.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

Great culture, amazing perspective on work/life balance

Cons

remote- can be difficult to make work relationships

July 28, 2020People and Culture team

Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our culture so, it’s good to know you think it’s great!

5. "Growth - Learning - Flexibility"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

I feel lucky to be a part of WilsonHCG. It's all in the DNA of the company - Collaboration, Ownership, Integrity, Communication, and Passion. My work here is valued and respected. Being a parent, flexibility was very important for me. Growth opportunities not only with regards to being a better recruiter but to grow as a leader, a team player, a researcher, and a coach are offered in bulk. Wonderful organization to be a part of! I'm proud of it!

Cons

None that I can think of!

July 28, 2020People and Culture team

Thank you so much for your feedback. Flexibility is really important to us and we're pleased it's something you really value. Thanks again!

6. "I enjoy working for WilsonHCG"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

The culture is wonderful and they treat their employee's well.

Cons

Nothing at this time to share on this!

July 28, 2020People and Culture team

Thanks for the feedback. We work hard to maintain our culture and it's great to know our people really value it!

"Very Underpaid, Overworked and Micromanaged"

2.0
    Former Employee - Tac in Tampa, FL

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home options. A couple nice people.

Cons

This company seemed promising at first. Prepare to be overworked and very underpaid, especially if you're a TAC, aka the lowest level of the totem pole despite many of us having masters degrees. They ask you to work on weekends and "volunteer" your time (LOL) when you're already getting paid close to nothing. The "bonus" I got at the end of my first quarter was barely enough to cover a month of groceries. The workload is insane with people working through lunch and way past 5 pm just to get that days tasks done, on top of having to do mandatory training assignments, work on your "pillars" in order to even be considered for a (pathetic) raise, and attend pointless calls and meetings that leaders feel are so important when in reality everybody would just rather do their job and not attend a presentation on the art of public speaking. I got middle school flashbacks sitting and listening to some of this stuff. I felt like I was in school having to turn in assignments, talk about my "goals" and create a presentation based on these just so I could complete the quarter. There is a constant feeling of not being "enough" because your managers are pressuring you to take on even more tasks and "passion projects" because thats how you are noticed/build your brand within the company. However, they are only pressuring you to do these things because they need you to help and deliver to the client. They overpromise and then freak out and recruit the already slammed TACs when something goes wrong. And the only way you are moving anywhere in this company is if you're lucky and they really like you or decide to create a whole new position and you can feel special with a new title although you are still probably getting the same pay. Management is unprofessional and everyone is only looking out for themselves. They recently let go of people that have been at the company for years for no apparent reason, showing they have no loyalty whatsoever. Also, don't let them bribe you with the "unlimited PTO" because you will be guilted into not even using it, because as always, TACs are understaffed and there is always more work to do. A few nice people does not make up for how shady this company can be.

8. COVID-19

"Unrealistic expectations, quantity over quality"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at WilsonHCG full-time

Pros

-Working from home -Good pay for the city I am in

Cons

Upper management is dishonest and is hard to read through. Your manager and team leads will act like they have your back and will praise you through your team wide group chats but this can be very misleading. It will seem like they want you there at first but won't follow up with you on your performance until its too late and you'll just be let go. I just felt like I couldn't trust them and that I couldn't be transparent with how I was doing. They expect you to preform and deliver numbers before you're even fully trained which was about a week of training for me. By week two I had to know the ATS like the back of my hand and have done an outreach of 125-150 people before I fully understood the candidate profile or clients needs. You will also be asked to participate in "anonymous" surveys through out the month. Not optional, they will know if you didn't submit it. Very numbers driven- they won't give you an extra week to redeem yourself even if you have done things that prove your loyalty to the company I was also really surprised to see well seasoned, senior recruiters that had been with the company for 4+ years being laid off during Covid. They kept people that were there for a few months but laid off their long standing employees. That spoke volumes to me. Metrics are unrealistic- they don't care about your quality candidates even if the client is extremely happy with your placements. If you are not hitting your target of submittals you're out, despite submitting good people. Management will say that you don't have effective time management but with everything they make you do, especially if you are full desk, you have poor work life balance, working into nights and weekends and God forbid you mark that as overtime because they expect you to finish everything in your work week otherwise, you have "poor time management"

Continue reading
  9. "Great Company - diversify your skill set"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at WilsonHCG will allow you to work with different industries of clients. Also, flexible environment as long as you are achieving your KPIs. Training is also great.

Cons

Growth opportunity isn't really there if you are a senior recruiter looking to move into management.

July 28, 2020People and Culture team

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're so glad you think our training program is great. Learning and development is hugely important to us.

10. "Good Stepping Stone"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at WilsonHCG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home- not micro managed

Cons

salary is very low for the workload

Found 301 reviews