Wonder Employee Reviews about "review process"

Updated 1 Dec 2020

3.9
Wonder Founder and CEO  Justin Wohlstadter
Justin Wohlstadter
Pros
  • "being able to work from home/remote allows for a flexible schedule(in 32 reviews)

• "Reviews are blind, and unlike other freelance platforms, employees are protected from insatiable clients(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Use researchers to provide information to clients, then tell the researcher that the research was not good enough(in 34 reviews)

• "Review process is subjective and demoralizing(in 20 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "review process"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Interesting experience but extremely underpaid and frustrating"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Freelancer - Research Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wonder for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, interesting topics, ability to learn in a fast paced environment

Cons

Extremely underpaid, no possibility to choose subjects, review process often appears arbitrary, work opportunities are not always available, outcome of personal work heavily depends on the work done by others lower in the value chain

"Great community, offers work flexibility."

I have been working at Wonder for more than a year

Pros

Work, learn , and earn. Work at your space, from any time zone. A community with great analysts, admins, and quite understanding.

Cons

Near perfection, but more need to be done on the review process.

"Interesting and Challenging"

4.0
    Current Freelancer - Researcher in New York, NY

I have been working at Wonder for less than a year

Pros

-Interesting work, if you love research and writing (in fact, it will be hard to find another freelance opportunity that compares to what Wonder offers in terms of rewarding work) -Great learning opportunity -Good resume booster -Many supportive mentors, research managers, and peers -Opportunities to be involved in various aspects of the process -Exciting and evolving startup culture. -Frequent positive feedback to keep motivation high. -The company is ALWAYS trying to improve the business and make positive changes for clients and workers.

Cons

-Seriously underpaid. -Review process is subjective and demoralizing. -Depressing workplace (online community). -Limited/no training for a job which has a steep learning curve

Continue reading

"Great Culture but Challenging Work Enviornment"

1.0
    Current Freelancer - Researcher

I have been working at Wonder for less than a year

Pros

Helpful and friendly coworkers Interesting work Great online tool Cool business concept

Cons

Inconsistent availability of work Inconsistent review process Somewhat subjective guidelines Very little investment in people

Continue reading

"REVIEW PROCESS IS TERRIBLE, SO YOU DON'T GET PAID OR DON'T GET THE BONUSES AFTER SPENDING ALMOST SEVEN HOURS OF RESEARCH"

2.0

I have been working at Wonder for more than a year

Pros

- You can work from home and bonuses are available if there are too many jobs available. - The pay is always on time. - Rhett, one of the admins, is extremely helpful. She's genuinely eager to help analysts with admin-related questions. - Some research analysts are wonderful, like Shannon, and should be the face of the company.

Cons

- The review process sucks. There are analysts who qualified as reviewers because they only chose to do easy requests, and thus keeping their QA scores high and qualifying for the post. - Several reviews are unreasonable, I've always used the arbitration form, and won the arbitration most of the time. - Senior analysts will gang up on new ones and the not-so-active on Slack. If you ever voice out a complaint about the process or review or feedback, you get shot down by "senior" people, saying the place is not the right place to voice out a complaint. - When asking questions on Slack, you RARELY get a decent reply. - The only person who is genuinely good at what she does and having the right attitude is Shannon.

Continue reading
  6. "Love BUT Very Discouraging"

Current Freelancer - Sourcer

I have been working at Wonder for less than a year

Pros

I am in love with this job! An awesome Slack community, work your own hours,

Cons

The review process needs a serious overhaul, this is the biggest con! If the reviewer doesn't agree with your work 100%, you don't get paid, and on top of not getting paid for the five or more hours you put into the work, it gets trashed and sent back for someone else to start from scratch. This is the most discouraging part of working as a Sourcer for Wonder.

Continue reading
  7. "FREELANCING AT WONDER"

I have been working at Wonder for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours Regular pay Helpful and supportive community Learning environment

Cons

The review process is frustrating to say the least. Reviewers are unregulated and this can negatively affect the writers.

"Sourcing and writing reviews"

Current Freelancer - Research Analyst in Abuja, Niger

I have been working at Wonder for less than a year

Pros

It's a cool way to work part-time and at your convenience. I work when I want to work and can make about $600 to $700 weekly.

Cons

They have a tough job review process. One needs to be extra careful

Continue reading

"My few months at Wonder"

4.0
    Current Freelancer - Analyst

I have been working at Wonder for less than a year

Pros

Wonder pays you for training and mentor week. You do earn money per each five star project written. You can advance from a sourcer to a writer to earn more money. The company requires participation in training. I have learned how to research better. I thought I had research down well, after attending multiple colleges and having multiple degrees, but Wonder has pushed my quest for knowledge and a greater understanding of search engines. You have 5 hours to finish sourcing projects and 4 hours to finish writing projects. I have learned Slack too.

Cons

The wait to get work requires patience for newbies. The training session and mentor weeks are 6 hours per session. I liked the training, but I wished the sessions were shorter to be able to handle daily living tasks, such as appointments, laundry, and cleaning. I am also struggling with the review process. You have to wait for your work to be reviewed, which can take hours. If your work needs revisions, you only have an hour to claim or someone else will claim the project. Sometimes, the reviewers ask for revisions for minor things, such as not adding a spreadsheet to the sources (which is understandable) or for a missing section (which you have included, but they missed). What frustrates me is when I spend 5 hours working on a project, which you think is perfect, only to have it come back for revisions and you work on it for another 5 hours to improve it, only to have it rejected and you not get paid. Sometimes, you do not agree with the feedback, but you can arbitrate your work, if you feel it is up to par.

"Great experience"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Wonder for less than a year

Pros

If you work hard, you can make good money and learn a lot.

Cons

The review process is sometimes inconsistent .

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews