Workplace Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 94 reviews

4.6
Workplace Systems CEO David Farquhar
David Farquhar
Pros
  • "The benefits are unbeatable and the work/life balance is unreal(in 10 reviews)

• "The best part of working at Workplace is the senior management team(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "It does have some legacy technical debt(in 7 reviews)

• "I have yet to find too many cons, it is hard work and there is a pressure that comes from a strong need to play your part and support your peers(in 4 reviews)

"Great people = great company!"

Current Employee - Financial Accountant (Australia) in Sydney

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, great corporate culture, relaxed environment, incredibly welcoming and thoughtful staff.

Cons

Yet to find any that are significant.

Advice to Management

love the consistent improvements and continual adaptation

Workplace Systems2016-01-26

Workplace Systems Response

February 3, 2016Group CEO

Thanks for the really encouraginbg feedback -David

"Just a great company"

I have been working at Workplace Systems

Pros

Great interaction between all levels of employees and leadership team

Cons

Getting better dialogue between similar roles in different countries

Advice to Management

Keep showing us your passion and we will follow

Workplace Systems2016-01-26

Workplace Systems Response

April 9, 2016Group CEO

Short, sharp and to the point! I'd agree we need to keep stimulating the inter-office collaboration agenda which is a sign of a truly healthy business. That's why I am in Aus this week and Lisa was last week. My aim is never to let the passion factor drop. - David

"Great place to work! Love the culture and atmosphere"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at Workplace Systems for almost 4 years. I joined Workplace 4 years ago after I graduated from university as an international student. Once I was worried that I would be bullied because of my background and language barriers, but it turned out that my worry was uncalled-for. I felt completely comfortable in the office. Everyone is happy to share knowledge and help out.

Cons

Need more great people to join our team.

Workplace Systems2015-05-13

"Senior Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney

I have been working at Workplace Systems part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Niche specialist application cloud software provider that knows its market and has a strong list of long term existing clients Strong leadership with focus on customer and employee satisfaction and proactive r+d program to improve existing products and innovate

Cons

Significant change in leadership, tactics, systems and processes over past few years has meant occasional hiccups but the change is an investment in improvement and should be rewarded

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and keep doing what you say you'll do

Workplace Systems2015-05-13
  5. "Great Organisation"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time

Pros

It's a great company to work for. Lots of big smiles and friendly people. The work is very challenging at times but is also very rewarding. You will learn a lot in a very short time. The pay is reasonable and the training program is exactly what you need to help you get on your feet and succeed in the company.

Cons

Can't think of any Cons

Workplace Systems2014-10-23
  6. "Great place now. Heading in an even better direction"

Current Employee - Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Genuine focus on great product and happy customers. Best I have seen. Great people. Positive team attitude. Good work-life balance. Career and personal growth opportunities - internationally

Cons

Some growing pains - but these are minimal relative to the direction and speed we are travelling. The cons are also minimal relative to the many pros. Finally - any cons are being addressed professionally - so it is only a matter of time before they will disappear.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

7. "Encouraging Workplace"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely nurturing environment with leaders who strive to provide staff members with an opportunity to continue to grow both personally and professionally. Co-workers who are always eager to help and share their knowledge.

Cons

At times lacking in communication with other international offices although the company is clearly taking a step in the right direction in trying to rectify this.

Advice to Management

Many steps have been taken by management during my time here to try and continue to improve as a company and a workplace, my only advice would be for them to continue doing this. The steps taken so far have been great for the company but I hope they will to continue to strive to be the best.

Workplace Systems2014-10-27
  8. "An organisation in transition with a purpose and a defined mission to excel and be something special"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clearly communicated vision and mission, established practices that are constantly being refined to meet the demands of a growing customer base. Exposure to industry best practices through a diverse customer group spread across the globe. A company willing to learn and grow and constantly innovate and deliver value to its customers through quality product and service.

Cons

Compensation does not reflect the potential market leadership trajectory that the business in on. May compromise the organisations ability to retain "A" players. Should review compensation and benefit options if relevant.

Advice to Management

Map the strategy of the organization into tangible actions and translate the strategy into functional plans. This forces the alignment of all resources in the organization to the strategy through the functions they perform.

Workplace Systems2014-10-23
  9. "Global company with a single vision"

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has a single vision that is clearly articulated and while there is regional freedom there is also a global mindset which helps us feel like we belong.

Cons

Keeping in touch and interacting with the team members in other regions sometimes requires odd-hour phone calls and full day response delays.

Advice to Management

Remember to keep the offices outside of UK aware of progress and engaged with the vision.

10. "Good"

Current Employee - Consultant in North Sydney

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company is expanding globally so I'm interested to experience working for a global company.

Cons

Because the company is going 'global' I'm wondering how long my position will be tenable.

Advice to Management

You should discuss new up and coming projects with the team - it makes the team feel they're involved.

Found 94 reviews