Workplace Systems Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 18 May 2015

4.6
Workplace Systems CEO David Farquhar
David Farquhar
Pros
  • "The benefits are unbeatable and the work/life balance is unreal(in 10 reviews)

• "The best part of working at Workplace is the senior management team(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "It does have some legacy technical debt(in 7 reviews)

• "I have yet to find too many cons, it is hard work and there is a pressure that comes from a strong need to play your part and support your peers(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews

"Gone to the "Dark Side""

5.0
    Current Employee - Global Operations Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Previously I had been working as a contract project manager for 17 years and didn't think I would ever want to go back into permanent employment. For contractors there are lots of reasons why they wouldn't move back, reduction in pay, fear of being stuck in one job, the politics etc. Contractors have a phrase for this move, stolen from Star Wars, a move to the "Dark Side". However having worked as a contractor for 6 months at Workplace I realised that this was a company where my efforts would be valued, that the companies outlook was fantastic and that I wanted to play a part in their success. They also saw something in me as they offered me a role as Global Operations Manager, the fact that they did this and that I moved away from contracting should tell you all you need to know about Workplace.

Cons

I have yet to find too many cons, it is hard work and there is a pressure that comes from a strong need to play your part and support your peers. But I can't complain about this as this was one of the factors that drew me to the company in the first place.

Continue reading
  2. "Software Support Consultant"

4.0

I have been working at Workplace Systems

Pros

The company has gone through many changes since I have worked here, but over the last 2 years changes and improvements have been promised and delivered which has not always happened before. The management team really want employee buy-in to their ideas and direction and welcome all feedback from employees because they know they need us to make it work, improve and grow. Having said all that, the biggest Pro of the company for me is the real team spirit we have in our teams and between teams to try and succeed for us and the company.

Cons

The last two years have been very challenging and hard work (which is not really a Con as I do not mind this), but at times it was hard to see the changes turning to improvements, but we stuck with it as a team, and these improvements are now coming to light on an employee level and company level.

Continue reading

3. "Moving fast in the right direction with the right people"

5.0

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Workplace lives and breathes it’s company culture and values. Its pivotal to the products we build, the way we delight our customers and how we treat each other. Best practice, for employee, employer and the customer is being rolled out out across the company. Many of the core disciplines you would expect to see in an modern SaaS/Mobile software company are in place or being rolled out out including – agile, UX, customer centric design, product owners, commercial product management, digital marketing, product marketing, cutting edge field marketing etc. All the pieces of the jigsaw are there and coming together under the guidance of some very experienced and very capable leaders. This is a company ready to explode onto the global stage, it’s an exciting place to be.

Cons

We move quickly and there is always a lot to do - but i would argue anything that's really worthwhile takes hard work and commitment. Processes are a week point but being addressed.

4. "Tough but rewarding"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Workplace Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Over the last two years a change of executive team has pulled the company out of a grim and downward spiral. It's all about focus and direction. With those in place it's now so much easier to get the commitment, constructive work, cameraderie, process improvement, and enjoyment back into the environment. I'm continually impressed by the talent and positive attitude of my colleagues - some of them seem able to solve the most intractable of problems that would leave me at a total loss. Hopefully I'm doing some of that for them. I've been involved in a few job descriptions and interviews and it's a refreshing change to see the company moving from recruiting the cheapest labour available to making serious attempts to get the best skills on the block. Apart from the market focus and company skills, it's nice to see a real effort from the executive to make the company an enjoyable place to work. This has meant money and time given to activities that would be unsupported and extra-curricula in many other companies. I've put effort into various social events, quizzes, competitions, charity fund-raisers etc and been quite happy to see that lots of other people jump on board AND the company supports us.

Cons

The paradigm shift is involving a great deal of hard work and dedication. Some of it is at a level that cannot be reasonably sustained. We have to hope that we can get over "the hump" and reach a more comfortable level of working. It's good to replace 'firefighting the latest issue off the books' with 'improving everyone's business operations' but the overall pressure still needs to come down.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews