Worldwide Business Research Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You do the math in terms of work-life balance" (in 11 reviews)

• "Stable work environment to be in" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "the office definitely needs a renovation" (in 2 reviews)

• "could spruce up the office a bit" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Delegate Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Delegate Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Delegate Sales Executive

I worked at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You will struggle to find a better company culture then WBR's
    - The work life balance makes working at WBR extremely enjoyable.
    - The Directors/ Managers have the ability to drive, influence and offer opportunity in line with individals ambitions
    - The money that can be made from hard work is extremely rewarding

Cons

- Office and computers are fairly outdated
    - No ability to work for home, offering little flexibility between Monday-Friday

2. "WBR"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Great team collaboration
    opportunities to travel
    employee incentives and networking functions (summer fridays, happy hour, holiday parties, etc)

Cons

it's the "norm" to have access to emails on your phone outside of work hours
    the office definitely needs a renovation
    IT company could be better

3. "Best Conference Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been in the conference industry for 10+ years, hands down, WBR is the best out there. They understand the work that needs to be done before executing a conference. It's not like one of those churn and burn companies and see if the event sticks. They truly take the time to do research before executing a conference. What does that mean for an employee? That makes me appreciate WBR because they give you a good amount of responsibility and understand work/life balance! You aren't doing 100+ events. It's a good balance and they really believe in their employees. I've been here for about 4 years, and they treat us well! Very much work hard, play hard vibe= it's all about balance!

Cons

Salaries could be better.

Advice to Management

Raises for everyone!

4. "Conference Producer - A Great Place to Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- WBR's company culture and positive work environment is the biggest pro that comes to mind. I've felt support from my manager and co-workers from the day I started my job. Playing office politics and competing with each other is not really a thing here, and you can always count on your colleagues' help and friendly advice on how to deal with challenges in your work. The fact that most employees have been with the company for so many years speaks volumes about what you can expect if you join WBR team.

- You will get a chance to travel both locally and internationally, depending on your portfolio, and you can always take a couple of vacation days after the conference to explore cities and countries you may have never visited otherwise.

- The office is located steps away from Grand Central, so it's an easy commute to/from work from most parts of New York

- Your average workday will be 9am to 5:30pm. The office is typically empty by 5:45pm. You do the math in terms of work-life balance. Very few places are like that!

- Summer Fridays (finishing work at 3pm) are a thing here, and who doesn't want to enjoy those sunny Friday afternoons all summer long?

- As a conference producer, you get to research and collaborate with top executives from Fortune 500 companies and innovative startups, so there is always something new you can learn every day.

- Conference production is a really multifaceted job and a great way to develop your market research, project management, team management, marketing, communication and organizational skills (the list goes on).

Cons

- Depending on your production schedule, this job can be very stressful and demanding because you are constantly juggling multiple projects and deadlines and need to hit high targets in order to grow your events. If you are not good at multi-tasking, this job is probably not a good fit for you.

- Because of my project scheduling overlaps, I haven't had a chance to take more than five vacation days in a row. This was an unexpected issue for me (I definitely prefer a two-week vacation getaway to multiple short-term holiday trips).

- Outdated IT/desk setup is quite an issue (think old-school square monitors, bulky keyboards, Citrix that constantly freezes... ). However, you can invest in your own equipment to "stop the suffering", which is not ideal, yet not so bad of a trade-off if you are planning to stay with the company for a long time.

- The open floor plan and office layout leave a lot to be desired. Be prepared to deal with things such as limited desk space, constant background noise and distraction throughout the day, to the point where you feel like you don't have enough time and space to concentrate on your project.

Advice to Management

Please invest in new office equipment and talent development

5. "Perfect mid town location"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Great People, managers and atmoshpere

Cons

Uneven work loads at times

6. "Meeting Planner"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

-Great company environment
    -Friendly colleagues
    -Work hard/play hard mindset

Cons

-Some days could be long hours, but doesn't happen often

7. "Best Company Culture!"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If I had to use three words to describe WBR's company culture, I would say it is supportive, collaborative and innovative. And there's never a dull moment when working in live events, so I'm constantly exposed to new ideas, concepts and industries. This makes everyday a little bit different and keeps me excited about coming into work! I've made great friends while working here as well due to the good vibes WBR has managed to cultivate amongst the staff. AND we get to travel to cool cities!

Cons

We are right off 5th Avenue and sometimes it is loud when the major city wide parades go by LOL! But, in all seriousness, working in live events can be a quite stressful, but it's also really rewarding and a great learning experience.

8. "You could do worse!"

Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Decent hours (9-5:30)
    -Really fun, nice, and motivated co-workers
    -You get to travel sometimes
    -You get to learn about new industries
    -You are encouraged to innovate
    -Good location - easy access to most major transportation
    -Great lunch options
    -In office happy hour every month
    -Strong emphasis on money and additional time off as rewards
    -Summer Fridays
    -Free snack drops in the break room (watch out, the chocolate goes first)
    -All the managers worked their way up from entry level positions so they really understand your job and what you are dealing with

Cons

-The chair/desk set up is not comfortable
    -It's a challenging industry, a lot of your job depends on how people outside the company respond to you and that's can be stressful given that we're always working within production schedules
    -The computers run on Citrix which is buggy and crashy
    -Not a very modern space, lots of gray
    -The bathroom is gross if you are a woman that works on the 9th floor
    -If you don't like open office environments you will lose your mind

Advice to Management

You're pretty great! Root beer floats at the next in company happy hour?

9. "Delegate Acquisitions"

Current Employee - Delegate Acquisitions Executive in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Delegate Acquisitions Executive in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work life balance
    - Extra holidays (US/CAN)
    - Fun working environment
    - Decent Commission Structure + Salary
    - Summer/Winter parties + casual days + early dismissals
    - 1 on 1 discussions with manager at least weekly and anytime needed.

Cons

- Office needs a renovation
    - IT needs to be upgraded
    - Equipment needs to be upgraded

Advice to Management

Renovate the office and upgrade the IT and equipment.

10. "Research Analyst"

Current Employee - Researcher in Bedok Village (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Researcher in Bedok Village (Singapore)

Pros

Great culture and people!

Cons

Room for growth in career opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in improving the product and developing people.

Worldwide Business Research Response

12 Sep 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for leaving a review! It's great to hear from someone who has been with us for more than 5 years feel this way about our family-organization. We pride ourselves on a positive culture... More