Wowcher Employee Reviews about "christmas and summer"

Updated 20 May 2020

3.1
Wowcher CEO Roland Bryan (no image)
Roland Bryan
Pros
  • "Good Christmas and Summer parties(in 7 reviews)

• "Great People and working atmosphere, I have made many friends at Wowcher and really enjoy coming to work(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some members of senior management show very little respect for their employees, their time and can be dishonest(in 8 reviews)

• "Very limited opportunity for career progression within the company(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "christmas and summer"

Return to all Reviews

"Good for straight out of uni otherwise avoid!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I worked at Wowcher full-time

Pros

Breakfast on a Friday is generous and varied, quarterly budget for a team social is always used, monthly All Bar Wowcher is generous (drinks), Christmas and Summer parties are generous, sample sales - although items that have been deemed unfit to sell to consumers end up in there!! There are some lovely lovely people that work there.

Cons

There is one person at the top who calls the shots and if you don't pander to him you won't succeed - if you're not a yes man this is not the place for you. Don't expect to have a voice. Some members of senior management show very little respect for their employees, their time and can be dishonest. Workload and deadlines can be unrealistic and priorities ever changing and not necessarily well thought out/backed up. Some team members are put under an unhealthy amount of stress. If you're straight out of uni its a good stepping stone to something better, but other than that I'd avoid like the plague. I was warned against this company before starting by several people, and I really wish I'd listened. My experience at this company has knocked my confidence both on a personal and on a professional level.

2. "I've learnt a lot and earned a lot of money!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant

I have been working at Wowcher full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I joined Wowcher as a graduate and have now been here for 6 years +. The company is young and fun and you can put your own ideas in to practice. The company has changed and grown so much in just the last 6 years I have been here. I am shocked by some of the reviews written here and can only assume it's a bunch of new graduates expecting to land on their feet and not have to work hard to build a career. You can be really creative with your role here and make what you want of it. You literally get out what you put in! Summer and christmas parties are great! I have learn and developed myself a lot since working here. Working in sales I have been able to earn consistently good money month on month 3-5k. Basic salaries could be improved but commission makes up for this. You can start earning money instantly unlike other sales jobs where you have to wait a year to build your structure

Cons

The current development plan is outdated Create better relationships between London, Derby, Manchester and Glasgow offices.

"Average first job"

I worked at Wowcher full-time

Pros

Fun Christmas and summer parties Cool office layout If in sales, you have the opportunity to earn money (too much for how unreliable the salespeople are)

Cons

Communication is a MASSIVE issue!! Wowcher will introduce major changes without first consulting the relevant individuals. All about sales. Other departments are VERY under appreciated and do not reap any of the same benefits Massive lack of training Promotions are often about favouritism. If you are a good salesperson but an awful people person you will likely be promoted Turnover is RIDICULOUSLY high and noone seems to care Practices are far from legitimate and they are happy to work with dodgy merchants just to make money The HR department is quite honestly a joke. A lot of unprofessional behaviour at all levels

Continue reading
  4. "Fun place to work but that is all"

Former Employee - Deals Analyst in London, England

I worked at Wowcher full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fun place to work - Great team around you - Good Christmas and Summer parties - It is a bit like an extension of your time at university, a good way to ease you in to the world of work

Cons

- Bad progression - Bad Pay - Things are only awarded to those who shout the loudest rather than those who work the hardest - Management are all too young and inexperienced

Continue reading
  5. "Potential is there..."

Current Employee - Deals Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Wowcher full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and social aspect with a good location. Great summer and Christmas parties. Relatively relaxed working hours if you can manage your own time well. Freedom to make your own decisions and to put forward and implement suggestions to improve the running of the business. If you can work independently and be self sufficient, you can learn a lot.

Cons

Some dead-weight management and senior staff. If you're the type of person that needs managing, you're going to struggle to progress and learn. You've got to constantly fight for promotions where the expectations are rapidly changing (I can't exaggerate this enough). Progression is very limited. Recent cutbacks on areas of staff where people develop from, leaving a void for future talent. No official training in place to learn transferable or even useful skills - you have to learn yourself.

Continue reading
  6. "Great fun environment, but they expect a lot and sometimes don't treat people well"

4.0
    Former Employee - Deals Analyst in London, England

I worked at Wowcher full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Really fun work environment, sociable office with lots of friendly people - Staff perks were plentiful and good fun. There were frequent drinks events organised and paid for and the Christmas and Summer Parties were huge, well planned events which were always very fun - Given a good amount of responsibility, perfect way to gain skills as a graduate - Management is reasonably transparent and good to speak to. Whole company was involved in meetings.

Cons

- Long hours and hard work. This got better over the time I was there, but people often stayed past 6pm. Latest I ever stayed was 10pm. - Advances and hard work often weren't recognised with praise or a pay rise. Your role might change, or you'd be given a load more responsibility, but they'd avoid addressing this or paying you more. - Got away with paying people less than they're worth (because most employees were graduates) - I personally didn't agree with their ethics when dealing with the merchants who run deals. They are sometimes too keen for money and don't care too much about customer experience/the merchant's business.

7. "Pointless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Wowcher full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meet some lovely people on your team Sociable Nice offices Lots of lunch options They put a lot of effort into Summer and Christmas parties

Cons

Team level management is by people with no real experience so they're insecure which makes them impossible to work with.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews