YETI Employee Reviews about "core values"

Updated 28 Feb 2020

4.1
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "core values"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Awesome company to work for!"

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

YETI is a great place to work. The business growth and expansion creates a lot of interesting situations and opportunities. Despite the rapid growth over the past few years, the company has maintained a focus on culture. The six core values are real (review them before interviewing!). There is a strong management team in place, and the company is well positioned to continue growth and performance for the foreseeable future. The strength of talent is a true attribute. There is still a smaller company feel with most employees located at company HQ.

Cons

Increased structure and focus on compliance as a result of public company status- overall a pro for the company, but difficult for some who are unfamiliar with those requirements to grow with the company.

"Growth, Opportunity, Excellence"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at an entry level position and have been able to work my way up to Associate Manager in just over 2 years. There is a culture of growth and development here with great support from peers and management. This company truly lives by the core values.

Cons

It is fast paced and there is a need for agility - this can be a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it!

Continue reading

"Great place if you value Development"

4.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great products -- easy to sell -- awesome to use Develop through workload Increase skills across the board Stretch goals Opportunity to move forward Good people Good Leaders CORE VALUES -- culture

Cons

Systems that don't work properly Lack of commission in sales roles + capped bonuses Non-competitive compensation based on role/tenure/experience Staffing/alignment could use improvement -- some people have a much larger comparative workload than the rest -- difficult to get help without hard data Work/life balance seems to be going the wrong way, culture has taken a hit

YETI Response

February 12, 2020Director, Corporate Sales

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you have actively participated in your professional development and have taken advantage of the development opportunities at YETI. We pride ourselves on a culture that promotes personal and professional growth. We understand that due to our rapid growth, our system capabilities can be strained and are working with various teams to solve issues and put in place solutions that will enable us to scale as YETI continues to grow. As these efforts take time, we appreciate your patience on this journey. When it comes to work/life balance, we want very much for you to enjoy your personal adventures and encourage all employees to utilize Paid Time Off, a floating holiday, and a day of service. We will continue to review and analyze our compensation offerings to ensure that we are competitive in the market and have fair pay practices. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your patience as we continuously strive for improvement in every aspect of our business.

"Great company with all the potential in the world"

Current Employee - Designer in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hiring process. Strong company culture and core values. Talented folks in all departments. Plenty of perks: On-campus Cafe and Cafeteria subsidized, complimentary Gear garage rental for anything from kayaks to coolers, campus store, a very well equipped gym, and more. Full suite of benefits, and 401k/stock options.

Cons

YETI does not offer any paternity leave!

Continue reading

"Strong culture, with good perks, and supportive leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is strong globally and the employees truly live the core values every day. There is a lot of development and growth opportunities within the organization for employees. Good benefits, paid holidays, 20 days of PTO, 401k matching, free gym onsite, discounts on products and other outdoor companies, and subsidized lunch onsite. Overall I feel that YETI really gives back to its employees with the various events throughout the year. There are weekly and monthly learning opportunities to learn about what other departments in the org do.

Cons

Very fast paced ever changing environment where you must remain nimble and flexible to keep up with the constant change. Not much flexibility to work from home, YETI is big on office face time. Also, not the best maternity leave and no paternity leave.

"Love it! Extremely Growth Oriented"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is centered in it's core values and continuously strives to improve. I have never felt so challenged and so fulfilled in my professional life. Everyone in the company has so many amazing opportunities to engage with other departments and develop skills outside of their normal job duties.

Cons

Things can change quickly so if you aren't adept to change, and going above and beyond your job duties isn't your thing, then this isn't the place for you. You have got an amazing, talented, driven work force, so you have to stay on your A-game.

Continue reading
  7. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

YETI has built a solid reputation for creating innovative premium products over the years. The culture at YETI is still entrepreneurial as the company expands. The Core Values that built the brand still exist and are embedded in every department and decision. Employees are given ample opportunities to grow and advance both personally and professionally at YETI.

Cons

Be prepared for a fast-paced environment that requires employees to be proactive and collaborative.

8. "Smart, driven, nice employees"

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

YETI is a fast-paced, fun company to work for. I have never worked with such a collaborative group of people across multiple functions. Employees don't just uphold the core values, they live by them! I love how everyone treats each other with respect, responds quickly and listens to new ideas. This has kept the company resilient, innovative and inclusive. Every time I collaborate with someone new, I am impressed. The company values and culture transcend the organization, and it has been so fun and fulfilling being a part of this growing company.

Cons

If you are someone who doesn't like to share new ideas or needs to be given a checklist of what to do each day, YETI will not be a good fit for you. Employees are proactive, innovative and have a mindset of continuous improvement.

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm surrounded by really talented people, which motivates me to keep improving my own skill set. The founders are still in the office, and the senior leadership is accessible. People actually care about the core values. There are great pro deals and the facilities are awesome. We make awesome product.

Cons

Lots of hours here; it can be a challenge to shut off when not at the office.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team is passionate about doing the right thing for the business and the customer. The core values are a constant thread and more than just words on the wall. The business is dynamic, so there is a steady stream of interesting challenges. Quality and hard work are expected. It is easy to be excited about such amazing products, and a strong and fun group of coworkers makes it a great place to work. This is the most fun job I have had!

Cons

Priorities can change quickly due to business demands. This isn't a work from home atmosphere- the expectation is to be in office most of the time as a lot of cross functional work happens face to face.

Found 15 reviews