YETI Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 11 Feb 2020

4.1
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"Passionate and Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for advancement at many levels, good cross-functional exposure and collaboration. Strong passion for the YETI brand and a cultural of continuous improvement.

Cons

Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better

"Amazing place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Talent Business Partner

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Abundance of opportunities to work on meaningful projects, don't feel like just another "cog in the wheel," it's easy to see the impact you're making in your daily work -The impactful and challenging work leads to accelerated development of skills and expertise -Surrounded by self-motivated employees who take ownership in how their work contributes to the success of the YETI Brand & products – culture of working hard and collaborating to drive strong results -Feedback-driven culture – quarterly feedback discussions with managers rather than formal, stuffy annual reviews – allows for more timely and frequent feedback and career development conversations -Hard work and strong results are rewarded through development opportunities (stretch assignments, mentorship, promotions) and Company-wide recognition -Sr. Leadership is present in the office daily, lots of opportunities for exposure to C-Suite whether in formal meetings/presentations or more casual settings -Great benefits – starting 4 weeks of PTO, paid service day, multiple options for medical/dental/vision; new and more competitive parental leave and 401k programs rolled out in 2020

Cons

-The Company is growing quickly and as we expand internationally, there's a lot of gray area and fast-paced changes, and employees need to be resilient and adaptable to succeed -If you’re looking for a job where you can “coast,” this isn’t the Company for you. The most successful employees are those who are self-motivated and not afraid to go the extra mile (whether that means getting out of your comfort zone, or putting in extra hours)

"Growth, Opportunity, Excellence"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at an entry level position and have been able to work my way up to Associate Manager in just over 2 years. There is a culture of growth and development here with great support from peers and management. This company truly lives by the core values.

Cons

It is fast paced and there is a need for agility - this can be a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it!

Continue reading
  4. "Friendly, fast-paced and growing!"

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI for less than a year

Pros

- Everyone is super friendly and welcoming to new employees - Fast-paced (if you like that!) - Exponential growth within the company presenting new job opportunities - They like to move people within the company if you want to try something new - Great cafeteria, gym, and discount!

Cons

- Can be overwhelming job load for some, especially within Marketing - Top leadership can be inaccessible to some

Continue reading

"Strong culture, with good perks, and supportive leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is strong globally and the employees truly live the core values every day. There is a lot of development and growth opportunities within the organization for employees. Good benefits, paid holidays, 20 days of PTO, 401k matching, free gym onsite, discounts on products and other outdoor companies, and subsidized lunch onsite. Overall I feel that YETI really gives back to its employees with the various events throughout the year. There are weekly and monthly learning opportunities to learn about what other departments in the org do.

Cons

Very fast paced ever changing environment where you must remain nimble and flexible to keep up with the constant change. Not much flexibility to work from home, YETI is big on office face time. Also, not the best maternity leave and no paternity leave.

"Work Hard/Play Hard"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

High energy, fast paced, good work/life balance, challenging, engaged leadership

Cons

Growing pains, founder owned to private equity to public, comes with the territory

Continue reading
  7. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

YETI has built a solid reputation for creating innovative premium products over the years. The culture at YETI is still entrepreneurial as the company expands. The Core Values that built the brand still exist and are embedded in every department and decision. Employees are given ample opportunities to grow and advance both personally and professionally at YETI.

Cons

Be prepared for a fast-paced environment that requires employees to be proactive and collaborative.

8. "Dream Job!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

The products are amazing, fast paced dynamic work environment, intelligent, engaged and energetic employee base. Proud to be helping shape the YETI brand for the future!

Cons

I really can't think of any

9. "Smart, driven, nice employees"

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

YETI is a fast-paced, fun company to work for. I have never worked with such a collaborative group of people across multiple functions. Employees don't just uphold the core values, they live by them! I love how everyone treats each other with respect, responds quickly and listens to new ideas. This has kept the company resilient, innovative and inclusive. Every time I collaborate with someone new, I am impressed. The company values and culture transcend the organization, and it has been so fun and fulfilling being a part of this growing company.

Cons

If you are someone who doesn't like to share new ideas or needs to be given a checklist of what to do each day, YETI will not be a good fit for you. Employees are proactive, innovative and have a mindset of continuous improvement.

Continue reading

"Such a fun company to work for!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture - truly feels like one big family! Very collaborative in the sense that all departments really work together consistently. Discounts are great. This is a company and job that I have already learned so much from and know my knowledge and skills will only continue to grow.

Cons

Need better processes to manage day by day workload, sometimes the work-life balance is not always present due to how fast paced the work environment is.

Found 15 reviews