YETI Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 16 May 2020

4.1
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and people! Highly intellectual work environment.

Cons

Pay is not up to par for the industry.

YETI Response

May 18, 2020Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on our culture, people, work environment and pay. YETI utilizes salary surveys and bench-marking data within the Consumer Goods Industry to determine competitive pay practices for our employees; We evaluate the entire package including base and variable pay, benefits, and company perks.

"Hunt Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Hunt Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment.

Cons

Work/life balance can be hard to find.

3. "Great destination for career development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

YETI promotes an environment of growth and development for the employees. The Talent team does a great job of recognizing hard-workers and giving people opportunities for roles they may need additional support and development in. Over the last few years I have had the good fortune to wear many different hats and work cross-functionally throughout the organization, and I am grateful to have been offered the chance to make an impact any way I can!

Cons

YETI has an open-floor plan work environment which can be distracting. I would like to see more quiet space set aside for individuals to focus, possibly with dock & monitor stations.

4. "Relevant and Rewarding Workplace"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

YETI cultivates a very engaging and collaborative work environment that moves at a fast pace and rewards excellence. This is a great place for people who can identity an opportunity, design the solution and implement change through collaboration and consensus.

Cons

YETI is on the path to maturity so you have to be ready to lead the team on that journey.

Continue reading

"Yeti is an amazing company with a great culture."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly work environment. Passionate people who are open and collaborative to meet corporate goals. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Lots of collaboration across functions to grow the business. Strong Leadership with a clear vision of success and a strategy to achieve it.

Cons

The Yeti team is growing rapidly, and change is inevitable. Change is a part of the culture, but doesn't have to be a negative if you are comfortable helping a company change to meet market demands.

6. "Dream Job!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

The products are amazing, fast paced dynamic work environment, intelligent, engaged and energetic employee base. Proud to be helping shape the YETI brand for the future!

Cons

I really can't think of any

7. "Having the best time in my career!"

Current Employee - Director Within the Company in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clear vision Exceptional people Engaged workforce Competent leadership team Challenging but very fun work environment that is different everyday Learning new things Lot of great perks that are unique to Austin Competent Leadership Team I am part of a company that creates and sells very technically sophisticated products that allow people, like me, to enjoy the outdoors which is something that is very cool.

Cons

We have recently transitioned from a private to public company which isn't a con, but rather requires that everyone operate with high levels of precision. People that were at YETI prior to going public will be expected to transition to some of the new ways of doing things which may be an adjustment.

Continue reading

"Such a fun company to work for!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture - truly feels like one big family! Very collaborative in the sense that all departments really work together consistently. Discounts are great. This is a company and job that I have already learned so much from and know my knowledge and skills will only continue to grow.

Cons

Need better processes to manage day by day workload, sometimes the work-life balance is not always present due to how fast paced the work environment is.

Continue reading

"Its about marketing, and not about you"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Food is offered during the day. Sometimes the employees get a free product.

Cons

No understanding of how to manage technical work such as I.T. and Engineering, and extensively uses contractors. Computers are locked down so you cannot do anything other than MS Office. Very noisy work environment. No chance for a real promotion - you can get promoted on paper, but there are not different job levels. No raises for cost of living. Many managers do not know what the employees are doing day to day. So many events during the week that one can avoid hours of work.

YETI Response

April 23, 2018Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We always welcome feedback from our current employees. We did want to respond to some of the comments, however. YETI is a vibrant and growing organization with a large number of initiatives under way that run across all facets of the company. We are a Consumer Products Company (not a marketing company) and leverage marketing to extend our reach, build our brand and create awareness within the marketplace. Within IT, we are also extending our systems globally and the scope and reach of these projects are new and exciting for YETI and are essential to the success of the company. We have chosen to recently invest in IT Leadership who have extensive experience with implementing and extending systems on a global basis. With respect to access to content, our employees have freedom to use a wide variety of technology to get their jobs done however, we do have IT controls in place that determine what can be downloaded to company owned property. Our Open Environment is very spacious and allows for cross-collaboration among team members. It does tend to get a little noisy at times but we have designed various conference and huddle rooms where employees can go to work if they need a quieter environment. It is true that YETI tends to be a very flat organization that is growing at a very fast clip. The Talent Organization is actively at work to create various programs that offer career growth, additional exposure, and career paths. While not perfect, YETI continues to invest in their people, processes and systems.

"Growing Company, Startup Vibe"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been an employee here for about 8 months, and I can honestly say I've never worked at a place quite like YETI. This is a very relaxed and supportive work environment. At the same time there is this electric energy that moves things forward. It's fast paced but not chaotic. You will stay busy, but you will have a blast while doing it! They do a great job of balancing work and play. And we regularly have midday events where we're encouraged to kick back and have a beer with our co-workers. You will meet all kinds of people here, and you will see people from all different statures in the company coming together and just shooting the breeze. I find that there is not so much of a social hierarchy as I've seen in other corporate environments. They do a lot of their promoting and recruiting internally, so you end up knowing quite a few people in various departments. This has been good for keeping interdepartmental communications open. Management is super approachable and is always supportive and motivational. I personally value a lot of feedback on my work so that I can consistently improve, and they are happy to oblige. However they give you a lot of room to learn and self-evaluate on your own time if hands on feedback isn't really your thing. We are encouraged to keep track of our metrics as much or as little as we want. The choice is really yours how involved you want to be. We are encouraged to work in teams and give support when needed, but also to be able to work completely autonomously at times. Corporate culture aside the new office building is beautiful. Great views of the hilltops of Austin. Nice patio for taking your lunch outside. Very open to encourage collaboration. Mini conference rooms if you want to have a spur of the moment meeting. Break rooms are fully stocked with LaCroix, fruit, and cereal. Regular company stand-ups, product trainings, and fun contests keep everyone super motivated and cohesive.

Cons

I do see what other contributors mean when they say that it's sort of a boys club. And I do think that YETI could take more time to understand the female market. (The wine tumblers are a good start!) Standard operating procedure tends to vary depending on who you talk to and how long they've been with the company. The company has grown from a small startup to a larger company, and a lot of the original players can still be found wandering the halls. This means that people can have vastly different ways of doing things. From a diversity standpoint this is actually nice. But if you like things cut and dry you may struggle with some grey areas here. Initial job training will give you the basics, however there are a lot of tiny details that you are expected to accumulate on your own from experience and from asking people around you. There is a learning curve and you have to rely heavily on your team in the beginning. With all the new product releases they are forging ahead into new markets. I am a little afraid that they might be trying to go in too many directions though. And I hope they will continue to be as methodical and detail-oriented with every single product release, as they have been in the past.

Found 16 reviews