YETI Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 28 Feb 2020

4.1
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Hunt Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Hunt Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment.

Cons

Work/life balance can be hard to find.

"Great place if you value Development"

4.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great products -- easy to sell -- awesome to use Develop through workload Increase skills across the board Stretch goals Opportunity to move forward Good people Good Leaders CORE VALUES -- culture

Cons

Systems that don't work properly Lack of commission in sales roles + capped bonuses Non-competitive compensation based on role/tenure/experience Staffing/alignment could use improvement -- some people have a much larger comparative workload than the rest -- difficult to get help without hard data Work/life balance seems to be going the wrong way, culture has taken a hit

YETI Response

February 12, 2020Director, Corporate Sales

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you have actively participated in your professional development and have taken advantage of the development opportunities at YETI. We pride ourselves on a culture that promotes personal and professional growth. We understand that due to our rapid growth, our system capabilities can be strained and are working with various teams to solve issues and put in place solutions that will enable us to scale as YETI continues to grow. As these efforts take time, we appreciate your patience on this journey. When it comes to work/life balance, we want very much for you to enjoy your personal adventures and encourage all employees to utilize Paid Time Off, a floating holiday, and a day of service. We will continue to review and analyze our compensation offerings to ensure that we are competitive in the market and have fair pay practices. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your patience as we continuously strive for improvement in every aspect of our business.

"Looks can be deceiving"

1.0
    Former Employee - Outfitter in Austin, TX

I worked at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay Good discounts Good restaurants near the office

Cons

This place is not what it seems. Managers play favorites and do not even try to cover it up. They will treat some people like gods and others like dirt and still claim that they try to be fair. Women who are attractive are given special treatment by the male managers. Crazy amount of micromanaging as well. Managers do nothing all day but goof around with each other and watch what you are doing all day. They can’t make up their mind if they want you to give every customer a great experience or get done with them quickly to move on to the next caller. No sick time, you have to use PTO. Management will get on to you about not showing up early every day and staying late, and at the same time get on to you about doing too much over time. You will be asked to work through your lunch constantly. No work life balance at all. They say this department is a good starting point and you can move anywhere in the company, but people only move in to sales and other departments won’t even look at you. Company culture is very corporate and a lot of politics go on, despite them claiming to be cool and relaxed. Barely any diversity. Stay away

YETI Response

January 16, 2020Sr.Manager of Customer Experience

At YETI, we are committed to a culture of fairness in how our people are treated, professionally and personally. We promote diversity across our teams, and nurture an open and collaborative working environment. We understand the challenges of working on our Outfitter team, and that creating a consistent and high-quality experience for all customers can be demanding, especially during the holiday shopping season. When it comes to work/life balance, we encourage employees to take time off when they need it. We have recently brought on additional support within the CEG organization including Outfitters and resources focused on workforce planning and project management. We are also actively creating new tools and resources that will allow our employees to be more successful in their roles, better forecast our customer volume and support needs, and provide the superior level of engagement and experience we all want for our customers. Regarding feedback about managers who “goof around,” we appreciate these concerns and are addressing this with our team. We appreciate your feedback about your experience with our Outfitter team.

"Growing Brand, Dying Culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get the opportunity to represent the YETI brand, which is undoubtedly the strongest in the Outdoor Lifestyle industry. This translates into easy sales, and foreseeable company growth. The office building is great, and the benefits outside compensation are generous. Some of the friendliest coworkers you'll have the opportunity to work with.

Cons

ZERO work life balance - very little direction - constant change in "sprints" - poor compensation structure for company revenue drivers - capital hill of office politics - little authenticity to core brand

Continue reading
  5. "Great place and great brand, but most importantly great people"

Current Employee - Customer Service Lead in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Emphasis on personal growth and development, ownership and accountability are held in high regard, energy around the brand, collaborative and solution oriented thinking from MGMT

Cons

Can be hard to maintain work life balance when everyone cares so passionately about the work. It's easy to spend an extra hour at the end of the day to keep working on things.

6. "YETI is A Great Place to Work!"

5.0

I have been working at YETI full-time

Pros

Great work culture, employee benefits, and assignment of value-added work!

Cons

Not the most convenient office location, work-life balance could be better.

"Such a fun company to work for!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture - truly feels like one big family! Very collaborative in the sense that all departments really work together consistently. Discounts are great. This is a company and job that I have already learned so much from and know my knowledge and skills will only continue to grow.

Cons

Need better processes to manage day by day workload, sometimes the work-life balance is not always present due to how fast paced the work environment is.

Continue reading

"The worst place I have ever worked...because of management"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

At YETI, you really had the chance to work with some great people. There was incredible talent when I worked there and everyday was an opportunity to learn, grow some great relationships and work on some pretty neat products.

Cons

YETI really had the opportunity to create an amazing corporate culture from the ground-up but with their growth all I can say is that they royally screwed it up. Upper management showed absolutely no compassion or enthusiasm for the people doing the actual work. For a company that prides itself on being "cool" there was a lot of pressure to come in early and stay way late. Work-life balance was non-existent and you were expected to be on-call and responsive even during your hard earned and scarce PTO days. Out of the country on PTO? Expect to get a call demanding that you return days early...atleast they'll look up some flights for you so you don't have to do that. Sense of urgency...thats a core value to YETI. Their definition of sense of urgency is something like this - find something wrong with a product or process, get really pissed off and red-faced about it, yell at everyone or berate someone for hours and then run around like your head is on fire. Good luck. Absolutely no real investment or understanding of innovation. Have a great idea? keep it to yourself because your ideas are not "YETI" and you'll be told it's a waste of your time and value. You're held to a high standard and that's great in any company. But the standard at YETI was beyond reach. There was no margin built in to any project so if you ever ran in to any roadblocks on the way which are inevitable, you immediately were behind schedule. Then its about acting with a sense of urgency and we all now know what that means. You could expect to get called into a room and then get your head chewed off for an hour about how unreliable you are and how you're not being accountable. Accountability is a 2-way street though isn't it? It's not fair if management couldn't be held accountable for the way they treat and act towards their employees. There's a previous review where someone mentioned blame-storming. It's real. What about growth opportunities? Think again. Promotions and opportunities were promised but the only thing that ever happened was someone got hired over you. I guess the silver lining in that is the extra buffer between you and the uppers. Huge lack of diversity. Rumors about IPO really put a strain on things internally. Guess some people gotta get paid. Maybe it's better now but some of the policies such as PTO, health plans and other HR functions were just way behind.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews