Yodle Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated 23 May 2019

3.2
Yodle Chairman, CEO and President  David L. Brown
David L. Brown
Pros
  • "Good work environment, free lunch, great commission structure(in 112 reviews)

• "Really relaxed work environment where everyone cares about the product and you're given a lot of creative freedom(in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growth opportunities are less, Low base salary, long work hours, poor retention policy(in 33 reviews)

• "Overcoming objections, company cold-call reputations, etc(in 29 reviews)

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company. Excellent opportunity to make money"

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Encouraged to win, Exciting atmosphere, Free lunch

Cons

Must source own leads to succeed

2. "Marketing Associate"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Free lunch -Happy hour -Fun work environment -Casual atmosphere

Cons

-Low pay -Little opportunity for growth

3. "Sales"

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Incentives, fun environment, free lunch, great people

Cons

Cold calling a lot of rude customers

4. "Good Company To Work For"

5.0

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Excellent opportunity to make good money if you work hard at your craft. Also they provide free lunch everyday and create a fun work environment.

Cons

Ramp up period for some might be a while until you start consistently making good money.

5. "“Digital Marketing Consultant”"

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Free Lunch Great Coworkers Floor managers are approachable and helpful for the most part. They do want to see you succeed. My main gripe is with corporate (who I imagine makes most of the decisions)

Cons

Do you like choosing between gas to get to work and paying the electric bill? Because that’s what you do at Web! Yes, I signed the offer letter, I knew what I was getting into, but maybe the scripts (which you’re told to follow like you’re in a cult) shouldn’t be such trash. It’s obscene to have someone making a 20k base salary during training and while they’re trying to ramp up. Perfecting the outdated art of cold calling takes an immense amount of time and the pressure is nuts. To compound that by offering so little is insanity. The least Web could do is offer unlimited overtime. Put in the hours for free? Come on... I need to get second job to make ends meet. Have you HEARD of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs? Basic needs (shelter, sustenance) are barely being met when things are like this. How in god’s green earth do you expect reps to stay focused when debt collectors are on them and they can barely pay rent? Or when they’re barely getting 6 hours of sleep (I got less than 5 most nights because of stress. I had legitimate nightmares about the job) Why did I not quit, one may ask? Simple, Web gave me an opportunity, and I’m not a job hopper. I like a little adversity, I like an opportunity to grow. But restricting someone from fulfilling their basic needs on a consistent basis is asinine, and a downright despicable way to run an organization and to treat loyal, hardworking people (I routinely made 250+ dials) Sales doesn’t need to be a boiler room, Gordon Gecko type of environment. It’s 2018, PLEASE learn how to create funnels and get warm leads where people actually want SEO instead of cold calling. PLEASE.

6. "Great Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a very fun company a lot of young people were working. Yodle is always doing extra fun things to keep their employees happy. (food trucks, free lunch, gongs at work, etc.)

Cons

The base salary is very low and then you are expected to make commission. For some this is really easy and they make a ton of money for those who it is difficult it ends up being a salary that is hard to live off of.

Continue reading

"NOT YODLE ANYMORE... OR IS IT?"

I have been working at Yodle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun energetic youthful atmosphere. Free lunch and plenty of activities between actual work. Non-traditional business environment.

Cons

Lack experienced leadership with clear concise direction. Communication between sales and support staff is lacking which causes more work and less efficiency. Pay is low and benefits are not much better than what an individual can get on their own. Purchased by Web.com who is more concerned with acquiring other companies than making the employees they already purchased happy.

8. "aCCOUNT MANAGER"

1.0

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

Free lunches and snacks everyday

Cons

The phone calls you have to make.

Continue reading
  9. "Just began training. So far it's a completely new experience."

Current Employee - Lead Stream in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great vibes. Free Lunch. Constant ways to make $$$. The training managers have excellent experience and know how to help you succeed if you implement you're training.

Cons

Training. And finding your groove. There's so many materials to follow it is sometimes hard to find where to go to the next script. Also, computer practice isn't the easiest for me.

10. "former employee"

I worked at Yodle full-time

Pros

commission, free lunch, meeting new people, paid training

Cons

hourly pay, favoritism, trainers attitude

Found 112 reviews