Zalando Employee Reviews about "team leads"

Updated 9 Aug 2020

3.5
Zalando CEO Robert Gentz
Robert Gentz
Pros
  • "The work life balance is great and I have never been pressured to work out of hours or weekends in my time here(in 47 reviews)

• "flexible work environment and based on commission(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "My Team lead salary was 70K or less(in 19 reviews)

• "Like any big company, polities can be a bit stressing at times(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "team leads"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Junior

I worked at Zalando full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice work environment with possibilities to grow or move between different teams. 40% discount on the Zalando online shop

Cons

There are no big contras.

2. "Great dynamic place to work and develop"

Current Employee - Category Operations Coordinator in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time for more than a year

Pros

- constant movements, learnings and new individual opportunities to develop - interesting projects - young peer group - great modern office - improving English massively

Cons

- salary - loads of competitors - unfair and nontransparent promotion management

August 11, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are really glad to hear about your personal experience in this role and that you are enjoying working with your peers on interesting projects and taking advantage of development opportunities offered at Zalando. We are also dedicated to continue improving and appreciate you sharing your input on how we can do that. Offering fair compensation to our employees is very important to us. We regularly review our salary bands by benchmarking against comparable companies and business sectors in order to offer competitive compensation to our talents, and we believe our salary bands are fair. Besides competitive salaries, we offer many additional benefits such as the employee share shop where our employees are given each year free company shares, 40% Zalando shopping discount, public transport discount, municipality services, additional holidays and volunteering time off, as well as diverse sports and health offerings. In addition, our performance evaluation process is constantly evolving and improving with the help of our employees’ feedback. We use 360 degree feedback as a basis for supporting the growth journey of every employee and for making decisions on promotions. With our regular talent reviews, our leadership team is looking into our talent base to identify promotion ready colleagues and agree on concrete talent measures to foster growth and development. Regarding your last point, at Zalando we have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination and we strive to create an environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and included at the workplace. Our Employee Resource Groups and Diversity & Inclusion team are playing an active role in driving change by advising managers and helping Zalando make more informed decisions to promote diversity and inclusion throughout the company. If you have any other feedback or ideas how we can improve, please feel free to share your thoughts with us: eb@zalando.de. Wishing you all the best and continued success in your role!

3. "Good Good Good"

Current Employee - Administrative in Pune

I have been working at Zalando full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Good Good Good Good

Cons

Good Work Life balance, work from home

4. "Highly recommended"

I have been working at Zalando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly talented and driven team. Autonomy and support to grow.

Cons

Can be challenging for some

"Awesome place to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of of problems to solve if you want to grow. Depending on your manager, you get a lot of trust to work on whatever it is you feel can make you and the company better

Cons

Hard to adjust if you are not used to big company culture

July 16, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience. We are really glad to hear you are excited about the opportunity to solve interesting problems, make an impact and grow at Zalando. We also understand that working in a fast-paced and growing environment comes with its challenges, especially when adjusting to a new company culture. But we encourage you to discuss, ask questions and suggest areas for improvement in your one-on-one conversations with your lead. We wish you all the best and continued success in your role!

"Great company if you can cope with a lot of structure/processes"

Current Employee - Head of Engineering in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time

Pros

Fairness, transparency, customer focus, compliance culture, emphasis on inclusion.

Cons

Lots of paper work. Long meetings. This depends heavily on your role and team, however.

7. "Nice entry level position"

Former Employee - Adminstrative Assistant in Berlin

I worked at Zalando full-time

Pros

The company's benefits were pretty good and comfortable

Cons

I didn't like the people I worked with so much

"Aim to be Amazon, but not quite there yet"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Zalando full-time

Pros

International workforce, nice company culture

Cons

Chaotic, poor management, do more with less

"Good"

Former Employee - Buyer in Berlin

I worked at Zalando full-time

Pros

Nice team, collaborative and good atmosphere, good opportunities for progression.

Cons

Over hours and lots of changing systems

August 11, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for writing us a review about your experience in this role! It's great to see you highlighting our collaborative work atmosphere as well as opportunities for growth and career progression. We really value both of these at Zalando and are glad to see you feel the same. We also understand that working in a fast-paced environment comes with its challenges and always try to improve our processes to ensure our employees are supported. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. All the best for your career!

"Ambitious company that could improve culture"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Berlin

I worked at Zalando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zalando is a market leader in most of the countries it is in (except the UK). The company offers fair compensation. The offices are in generally good locations.

Cons

Manager reviews tend to be secretive until the year-end review process. Many managers don't seem to actually care about their employees.

August 11, 2020Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and share it with the Glassdoor community. We are happy that you find our compensation policy fair since offering our talents competitive remuneration is something we take very seriously at Zalando. We also believe that to date, our culture is one of our biggest strengths and strive to make every employee feel supported and included at the workplace. That being said, we would love to learn more about your personal experience and understand how we could improve even more as an organisation. So in case you'd like to have a further discussion, I would like to encourage you to reach out to us directly: eb@zalando.de.

Found 578 reviews