Zanui Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.1
  1. "The place to be"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Sydney

I worked at Zanui full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Think of all the goods things you're looking for in your employer. You will find them at Zanui, all of them!

Cons

Salary review could be more frequent

Advice to Management

Don't ever change!

Zanui2018-11-01
  2. "Terrible"

I worked at Zanui full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers Friday drinks Most staff are international so you get to learn a lot about different cultures

Cons

When staff leaves, no replacement is hired. Everyone is working at 200% capacity and doing tasks that are not in their job description. Overworked and severely underpaid. Staff are not valued.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff! Your current employees are overworked and burnt out. No pay rises are given so there's no incentive to work as hard as they do! There are some people still there that are really not valued and they deserve better.

Zanui2017-01-12
  3. "Great work place"

Former Employee - Buying Assistant

I worked at Zanui full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment, great people and one of the best work place

Cons

I can't think of anything, it's just too good.

Advice to Management

More training and development of staffs Inviting expert from the industry for talk would be great

Zanui2016-02-24
  4. "Fantastic, Fun and Dynamic Place to work!"

I have been working at Zanui full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zanui has an open minded view to positive change. All employee's opinions and suggestions of how to make the business grow, improve and progress are listened to and taken on board. Many positive changes have been made within my time at Zanui - some of which I have contributed to myself. There is opportunity within the business to develop and grow as an employee if you want to be here and you wish to progress.... Like all businesses, this isn't given to you on a plate - however, if you work hard opportunities will always head your way. Great team environment - everybody is friendly and welcoming and the whole team work well together to achieve great results. We have fun team building activities to ensure all departments know each other well which creates a better working environment. Senior management team are easily approachable and sit within the normal office environment - they are hands on and many of them have worked their way up into those positions, meaning they have a good working experience within Zanui and also the expertise to advise and guide you in the right direction. Work, life balance is generally very good. We work very hard at Zanui but we also do a lot of fun team building activities where and when possible. We have drinks after work on a Friday after an entire team meeting - the team meeting is an essential part of the week as every department is kept up to date with what each team is currently doing. Being aware of the full company's movement is fantastic as nobody is left in the dark about how Zanui are moving forward and what changes may have been made. We have a young dynamic environment and the Zanui culture is fantastic. As a self-motivated individual - I love working at Zanui and being able to pro-actively make my own decisions and get on with my work without being micromanaged. A hands on experience and the opportunity to make a difference! Responsibility - you have the ability to take on responsibility from the beginning, there is opportunities to create and implement new processes within the business if these make a positive impact on the company. You really can take ownership of your role. My experience within my time at Zanui is invaluable for my future career progression.

Cons

Don't expect pay bonuses as we are still a relatively new company. However, our work culture and the fun we have outside of work time makes up for any extra cash you may benefit from with other companies. I have friends that earn a lot more than I do - but do not have the working environment that I am lucky enough to have. I would rather be paid slightly less and enjoy coming to work than earning bonuses and not... enjoying getting up for work. I like being at Zanui and I think that is important when we spend most of our week in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work. Every change that has been actioned has been a positive one and Zanui is an easy environment to work in provided you have a great work ethic. My hard work has been recognised and credit given where due. I feel that within the company praise is given to each individual when it is deserved. :) The company has progressed so much from when I started to today and I believe we will continue to grow... and improve! Also being an approachable management team is indispensable for a successful company.

Zanui2015-09-29
  5. "poor internal communications and constantly changing structure"

Quality Control in Sydney

I worked at Zanui for more than a year

Pros

They would have Friday afternoon drinks and the occasional party, so I guess if you drink and/or go to parties then that's great. Tries to seem "funky" and for "young people".

Cons

Internal communications were awful. They changed the structure of the company and the terms of everyone's roles so many times that everyone seemed to be confused as to what they were really doing. Had to work in the warehouse a 2 hour drive away from the city more than once in obscene heat. I could say more but I won't. They were and probably still are a terrible place to work. Also when they first started in 2011... they had a bunch of Europeans working in the Sydney office on illegal visas. Great!

Advice to Management

Do the right thing. Don't be awful and lure young employees in with a false sense of a fun collaborative working environment and a flat hierarchy only to completely go against everything you said once a contract is signed.

Zanui2015-08-19

"Great Company"

I worked at Zanui

Pros

early responsibilities, great company culture

Cons

basically an unpaid internship, quite bad considering Australia price level

Zanui2016-06-13
  7. "Business Intelligence analyst"

I worked at Zanui

Pros

Great work atmosphere, a friendly office with everybody ready to share their experience Loads of responsabilities and a great opportunity to learn

Cons

Nothing except for the low pay

Advice to Management

Raise pay in accordance to business growth

Zanui2016-02-22