Zones Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Zones Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

2.4
Zones CEO Firoz Lalji (no image)
Firoz Lalji
Pros
Cons
  • "Disillusioned upper management who believe there are no problems(in 33 reviews)

• "Very low pay, CEO doesn't care about you and only wants money(in 20 reviews)

"Don't even bothet"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Zones full-time

Pros

Co-workers are nice and you'll make friends easily and quickly. As a full time worker you'll definitely be made to work for your pay.

Cons

There is virtually no training, no overtime pay, below average wages, sporadic hours, unfair and constantly increasing kpis, the commission structure is so convoluted and barely ever paid in full straight away. There is also quite a sexist streak in upper management.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better wages, impliment at least SOME kind of training program, give us more support and positive encouragement, and pay us our commission without making us jump through hoops to get even a fraction of what you owe.

Zones2016-08-11
  2. "good place"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Zones full-time for less than a year

Pros

great benefits, food in office 3 days a week on average. generous pay and compensation. work hard play hard environment.

Cons

onboarding/ training process could be better

Advice to Management

I think you are doing great! there could be some more involvement though! for example, be there for your team when they are on the phone prospecting accounts. give them as many pointers as possible! pump them up! get them excited to sell and make relationships with prospective clients. come up with creative ways to discover opportunities within accounts and share them generously with your team

Zones2019-09-27
  3. "A great place to learn technology sales!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Zones full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You get to work with all the top technology manufacturers in the world - Great office (Chicago) - Very helpful and friendly management

Cons

- Lack of support to execute customer request and projects

Advice to Management

Please keep investing in the Chicago office. There are some amazing hardworking people there that will perform at a higher level if the right resources are provided.

Zones2019-09-25
  4. "Zones - A Good Company to work"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Noida

I worked at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had worked @ Zones for more than 4 years and everything is all good for the company starting from the top management to the specialists. My experience with Zones has been working in the middle management and was always an interface for my team members and the higher management. I had to part ways due to some differences which can happen in any other organisation but at the end I would say I loved working at Zones... and the last fours years and some months were the best time of my career. All the policies are very well defined and are well adhered to by all at HR and the Country General Manager, DG Sir.

Cons

Nothing, absolutely nothing at I can think of.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything Zones, HR and DG Sir have done for me.

5. "Great opportunity"

I have been working at Zones full-time for less than a year

Pros

No weekends, great hours, opportunity for growth, commission on top of base pay

Cons

Dress code, management is hard to get a hold of

Advice to Management

Be more clear on dress code and allow employees to have a life

Zones2019-09-18
  6. "Excellent culture, commission structure is challenging"

I have been working at Zones full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am part of a team that is endlessly supportive, and I've never met such a wonderful group of people who are so willing to go above and beyond to help each other out. My manager is amazing, and the way she cares about our team is obvious in everything she does. Managers from other teams, and other team members are also incredibly welcoming, and open to helping people get the hang of things. I've never once had a... person tell me "that's not my job" or refuse to help me because they were too busy. I genuinely think Zones attracts a certain breed of people that are just genuinely wonderful.

Cons

The commission structure is challenging; they increased the base pay (from what I've heard) from about 35k to 50k, but it's a struggle to actually hit the numbers necessary to make a decent wage in commission. Particularly in the Seattle/Metro Area, 50k is hard to live on. Particular as a relatively new account manager, I admit, I wouldn't have taken a job for 35k at all-- BUT, on the old commission plan, it was... much easier to make a decent amount in commission. I think the higher base pay attracts talent, but the commission structure will prove challenging for retaining that top talent.

7. "Team lead"

I worked at Zones full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good company to work with

Cons

Nothing to crib as such

Zones2019-09-14
  8. "Zones technology reseller and services"

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun office, lots of training

Cons

Low pay, lots of work,

Advice to Management

Dont make sales staff salary order takers

Zones2019-09-25

"Rudderless"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Zones full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talented people working at this company.

Cons

Lack of messaging to customers and partners. Direction and focus is changing to frequently. Micro-management. Understanding of job role. Confusion at all levels.

Advice to Management

Calm the waters. Not all business is transnational. Let the talent you hired do their job.

Zones2019-10-14

"Springboard"

I have been working at Zones full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to learn a lot about IT from different Vendors. The training are very good.

Cons

Management NEEDS a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Manager please help your team to grow. We are on the same team; if you help us, we will help you back by making more sales. But if you put yourself on the other side of your team that benefits nobody. When your team talks to you, they want you to hear them out so both you and your team can grow together. Please don't throw your employees under the bus. All you have to do is listen and provide support to help your... team to grow. When your team wins, that helps you, your boss and Zones. That's a win for everybody.

Zones2019-09-05