Zuora Reviews

Found 402 of over 448 reviews

4.0
Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo
Pros
  • "The company has a great culture(in 17 reviews)

• "Empowerment as ZEO to voice out any concerns - Glint Survey brings out key aspects of employee engagement(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "infectious energy can lead to work life balance challenges(in 20 reviews)

• "Organizationally we are maturing into a larger organization so at times there are some operational growing pains (but I have seen that everywhere)(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You definitely feel you're part of something bigger and helping shape the industry shift

Oct 24, 2019 - Customer Account Executive in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment where you can really excel and be yourself at the same time

Cons

Internal collaboration needs to lift to the next level

Talent Team

Thank you for your feedback, being yourself at work and helping to make shift happen! We couldn't agree more - collaboration is critical to our success and we're optimistic about the efforts we've put in place to keep our cross-functional teams aligned and winning teams as we scale.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, great company but lacks clear design

May 4, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing People, decent remuneration, global operations, great industry/space

Cons

Some structural and organisation issues in terms of clarity and rushed onboarding

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for your feedback and contributions to Zuora during your time with us! We appreciate it and will continue to build upon the ways we enable our ZEOs to be successful.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company that cares more about bottom line than the people

Dec 12, 2019 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good product that is helping to change the way business is conducted in the future.

Cons

The on-boarding process is really unstandardised, there is no explanation of culture or policy. I didn't hear from the HR department until my 5th week in the company, they tried to make changes to my employment contract after it was changed.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to build career, but not for everyone

Oct 29, 2019 - Solutions Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Flexibility in working hours and option to work from home 2. Birthday celebration once a month 3. Opportunity to work with multiple projects and domains 4. Opportunity to work sometimes on multiple technologies 5. Annual Subscribe event for the local region 6. Open for using any technologies to get the job done

Cons

1. Long hours work at least 2 days a week 2. Lack of technical expertise in the local region, therefore hard to convince why there are seasons in a year. 3. More sales and solution architect driven approach, therefore your opinion has less or no weight. 4. Lack of visibility on upcoming projects which could be a little risk, if you plan your career growth based on this visibility. 5. US team has more influence while making decisions.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome place to work

Oct 17, 2019 - Senior Engineering Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Emphasis on individual empowerment and responsibility. Great product with a huge future. Talented 'in-touch' leadership. Diversity. Perks (e.g. maternity/paternity leave).

Cons

Recent IPO has necessitated some adjustments.

Talent Team

Awesome, we're glad to hear it. Thanks for your feedback!

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It hurts because you know how much you loved the company.

Sep 16, 2019 - Engagement Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zuora has great vision for what its technology does for the subscription revolution, and it used to be a super fantastic place to work when I first joined, with lots and lots of great people who are willing to help you be successful. Very polished sales team and always down to have some fun. Many smart people you can learn from. Most still holds true but the values are starting to erode.

Cons

Pre-IPO Zuora and post-IPO Zuora are very different companies... Still has major product gaps not addressed for years, and career opportunities and career development has been a huge talent retention problem left to be addressed. Won't be taken seriously until you're willing to walk out.

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Team

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and years of contributions to Zuora. It's not easy building something that's never been done before and for many of us, the challenge is part of the fun! But we know that in order to maintain our leading market position, we must remain steadfastly focused on our customers, products and our ALL of our ZEOs as each of these is critical to the success of Zuora and the Subscription Economy.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

leadership boys club in SFO

Jul 28, 2019 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tien is genuine and an inspiration

Cons

Sales leadership very crass, unprofessional and disrespectful

3 people found this review helpful

Zuora Response

Really appreciate your feedback. We agree Tien is genuine, inspirational and a phenomenal leader! I want to personally apologize for your experience with our sales leadership team. Hiring and growing strong leaders is critical and an area we are seriously focused on. We’ve added new leadership talent in sales operations, field enablement, and demand generation and we'll continue to focus on our Z-Leadership and all ZEO development to build our company for the future. Any way I can help improve please feel free to reach out to me, I am always looking to improve our organization. RTL

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Mysoginistic culture

Apr 19, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Niche company, can still improve if the head office chooses to do.

Cons

You will not survive in this company if you are used to a professional environment. The leaders in Australia don’t care about employee grievances, so they don’t invest or even look to investigate or improve internal culture. They expect people to just do as management instructs them to do ‘regardless’ of anything. If you speak up then expect to be terminated. The local management tram are so driven by money that they don’t care about the people.

10 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! We take our culture very seriously and work hard to create a unique and inclusive ZEO culture where every employee has ownership of their Zuora experience all the while empowering and supporting our people to do their best work. That said, we’re both surprised and concerned to hear of your experience, particularly since we have started to do a lot of work locally on what practical things we can do to have a more inclusive culture and how we can better represent the community we are part of. Should you want to follow up and discuss your experience, please contact us.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Global Services Solution Architect

Jan 7, 2018 - Senior Solution Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every day is different, Clients spread across a variety of different Industries, Company is transparent

Cons

Attracting the right talent to evangelise the Subscription Economy

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

Feb 17, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Keep their employees engaged. Good career progression. Great events for the staff.

Cons

This company is not for everybody. Nature of the product means you need to have good knowledge.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 402 Reviews