deVere Group Wealth Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 17 reviews

4.3
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green

"Turbo Charged Career Progression"

Current Employee - Senior Wealth Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to develop your client base how you wish knowing that you have the most solutions available and with a company that's been around for 17 years + Open ended income and piece of mind that hitting a high number won't mean your bonus / income is re-negotiated when you get there!

Cons

Marketing tends to be small scale efforts driven by you and very little corporate activity Some low cost solutions that expats would like such as term life are not available and in China there's not much for the locals however there are some great new opportunities with in-roads in EU real estate offerings

Advice to Management

Embrace the fact that calling on phones during office hours yields low results in terms of hours spent

deVere Group2019-07-11

"Great"

Current Employee - Wealth Manager in Dubai

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great fantastic amazing exciting ambitions

Cons

None none none at all

Advice to Management

NOne

deVere Group2019-05-16

"Smoke & Mirros"

Former Employee - Wealth Manager in Vienna

I worked at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice Senior area manager, and good admin support

Cons

The single most horrific working environment anyone could ever work in. All my deals were stolen off me by my manager who was incompetent at best and needed to dimish your self-esteem in order to boost his ego. I've since moved on to sunnier pastures where I can fully express my quality.

Advice to Management

Just be honest about the job, stop leading people on and lying. Get rid of the old guard and move on, the world of finance is changing and you are dinosaurs.

deVere Group2019-06-06

"Difficult Industry - Rewarding but flawed"

Former Employee - Wealth Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has good size and international resources. Relatively good modern day reputation Good people

Cons

Commission focused Extreme Sales Negative Industry image in the past No benefits given by company. E.g pension/medical insurance etc..

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

deVere Group2019-05-07

"Wealth Manager"

Former Employee - Wealth Manager in Dubai

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Earning Potential Great Infrastructure Given all the tools for success Offices all over the world

Cons

Your commitment also involves cash commitment but if you're in a position to commit financially, you can do so well.

deVere Group2019-03-29

"Missed Opportunity"

Associate Wealth Manager in Vienna

I worked at deVere Group for less than a year

Pros

deVere gave me great training in Malta, and the overlapping managers were also very very helpful during my time there. I cannot recommend some of them highly enough

Cons

The poor management on a day to day basis in the office as well as a lack of clear and honest communication was detrimental

Advice to Management

Please be honest and clear about which products offices have.

deVere Group2018-07-23

"Trainee Wealth Advisor (Grad Scheme)"

Current Employee - Wealth Manager

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Learn a lot of knowledge and life skills on the job - Fast paced introduction into the financial sector - Can be very financially rewarding - Great team of management staff - Good positive office environment

Cons

- Hard work and Intense -Challenging

deVere Group2018-03-02

"Great, but not for everyone"

Former Employee - Associate Wealth Manager in Moscow

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Plenty of room to earn really good money Opportunities to travel and live in a great variety of different countries around the world A good stepping stone to get into other areas of the Financial Sector

Cons

Pure graft for the first 2 years with no real rewards or earning potential compared to what you are told on the training programmes (unless you are incredibly lucky) If you get assigned a weak or lazy Consultant then ask to change straight away or just leave. You will get into a ridiculous amount of debt if not! (I saw a lot of this!!!) And don't believe the training team on Visas, they totally misinform you... so DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! On the training course, you are being sold to. All of the facts and figures you get are exaggerated or just downright false (you will be told how wrong they are by every member of the office once you get there after training, within the first week or so)

Advice to Management

My manager was a really great guy and always offered to help or give me advice and training. However, from the 20 or so people on my training course in Malta, only 4 remain and 90% of the ones who have left gave the simple reason that their management was rude, derogatory, unwilling to teach and just the essence of poor management. So make sure you get in contact with somebody that works, or has worked in the... office that you would be thinking of going to (they are all on LinkedIn as its part of the training course to make a profile and use it religiously)

deVere Group2018-02-27
  9. "Awesome work and life experience"

Current Employee - Associate Wealth Manager in Vienna

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Traveling, different life experience and opportunity to be successful. I currently work in Vienna which has been unreal experience! However very very hard work.

Cons

Of course with all jobs there are the hard parts, like finding clients and long hours, but if you stick at the job you will find a career!

Advice to Management

More data digging techniques when in Malta!

deVere Group2017-10-10

"IFA/Family wealth Manager at deVere UK."

Family Wealth Manager in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group for more than 3 years

Pros

Good to work with the other advisers, access to potentially large value clients.

Cons

Impossilble to earn anything over and above basic salary. Very little by way of support staff/paraplanners. None of the senior guys have a clue what is relevant to the advisers on the ground. Terribly run which is a shame as the nature of the clients is usually good.

Advice to Management

Actually interact with your employees. Understand how interaction with clients should look and the issues that are relevant to them!

deVere Group2017-03-08