iiNet Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated 26 Jan 2020

3.1
iiNet CEO Michael Malone
Michael Malone
Pros
Cons
  • "This effects all aspects of your employment such as career advancement to senior customer service representative(in 8 reviews)

• "Throwing alcohol and junk food at the call centre at every opportunity(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews

"Senior Programmer"

I worked at iiNet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture was great, Free Fruit, team environment

Cons

Low salary, no Working from home

2. "Was a great place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sydney

I worked at iiNet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture Great people environement Fun office

Cons

Was bought out by some other company

3. "ok"

I worked at iiNet

Pros

great culture, great team members

Cons

merger nightmare, offshore focus increasing

4. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at iiNet

Pros

- Great culture - Managers are there to support you.

Cons

- Massive cutbacks since TPG take over. - Low pay.

"Formerly a great place to work until acquisition by TPG"

Business Analyst in Perth, Western Australia
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at iiNet for more than 5 years

Pros

- (Formerly) great culture and work environment - (Former) executive management was open to direct communication and discussion - (Formerly) great commitment to customer service excellence made it a joy to go to work knowing you were making life better for customers - Constantly challenged by work, which helped career development

Cons

- Salaries under old management were lower than industry average for corporate staff - compensated for by formerly great culture and work environment - Salaries are better now, but it's a terrible place to work - New management is petty and simple minded - great work from home program axed, flexible work arrangements not permitted anymore, no commitment to customer service beyond mere lip service, insular work culture of TPG now permeates iiNet as well.

Continue reading

"Was awesome, declined upon acqusition"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sydney

I have been working at iiNet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People whom I work with are great, most great managers, we had great culture, loads of staff events and outings, massage days, cake days - it was a great place to work at.

Cons

Since recent acquisition, culture and events decreased to none. No longer have staff morale programmes such as staff events and outgings, massive budget cuts and no longer career progression, they no longer outsource new employment opportunities anymore. Most great people have already left due to the recent rapid changes after the parent company took over and destroyed the culture we had.

"CSR."

4.0

I worked at iiNet full-time

Pros

Great people. Great culture. iiNet is a incredibly relaxed yet fast paced workplace which allows you to focus on your job. The support network and knowledge database to help you achieve is immense and all companies could take big tips from iiNet on how to treat their staff.

Cons

Burning out. If you are stuck on the phones for too long doing the same old stuff it is really easy to complete get over it and just want out.

Continue reading

"Fantastic culture, hard work rewarded"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at iiNet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great sales bonus scheme, with achievable statistical targets. The company has a great culture with a really collaborative atmosphere. Plenty of options to progress or switch departments.

Cons

The happy culture is a bit deceptive, maybe they model the offices on Google or other big tech companies a bit too much. You can only relax if you are hitting your targets.

"Great place to work. Can be better pay & opportunities wise"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at iiNet full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great culture & Atmosphere - Nice employees - Great christmas parties - Generally supportive managers/team leaders - Great travel opportunities if you perform well (national & international trips for up to 3 months at a time - all paid!) - Michael Malone is a very approachable down to earth guy.

Cons

- They say career progression is easy, but infact difficult - They will give somebody a skilled job based on call centre performance & not actual skill or qualification (good call stats will win over a CCNA - what the ??) - Renumeration does not match skill, nor is it in line with industry standards. - Poor pay is leading to all the quality staff leaving. - Too much corporate politics.

Continue reading
  10. "A wonderful experience"

Associate Programmer in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at iiNet

Pros

The team I worked in was managed very casually, and the managers were technically very competent. The culture was great and the staff were very sociable.

Cons

Frankly, the work was a little uninteresting. There was nothing particularly challenging to do on a day to day basis, and I found myself easily bored. There was very little room for application design, as most of the work was maintenance and bug fixing. Of course being an entry level position I should have expected this.

Found 11 reviews