nearmap Reviews

Found 130 of over 137 reviews

4.0
nearmap CEO Rob Newman
Rob Newman
Pros
  • "I left Nearmap for personal reasons but I would recommend the company to someone looking for a technical challenge(in 21 reviews)

• "Great people at lower levels here in the states(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Other than that, I cannot think of any cons specific to Nearmap(in 21 reviews)

• "I would like to start first by saying this review is aimed purely at the Sydney office sales team, not the broader company as a whole(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Noida
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good teamwork, Nearmappers are friendly and approachable

Cons

We're in lockdown so can't enjoy our nice office

nearmap Response

YAY! We are out of lockdown. Have you enjoyed the office in Barangaroo yet?

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Understand management strategy and know where you stand

Sep 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They can paint a picture of what they want to be and take you with them. Obviously, the company has grown and has come along a long way but there is a longer way.

Cons

HR Things only might look exciting when you are in a certain part of business and for the rest it is just very normal. NO VALUE FOR WORK DONE - GET SENT HOME EASILY CALLING REDUNDANCY Career progression - promise and word games - can't find better wordsmiths Think before you join. If you have other options choose them over this company

5 people found this review helpful

nearmap Response

You are absolutely right, we have significantly grown, have come along way in a short amount of time, and have an exciting ambition. Different things excite different people and we are sorry to hear that Nearmap wasn't the right place for you.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Greed is getting the better of Nearmap.

Jul 11, 2021 - Sales Representative in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Office Location, in Barangaroo.

Cons

Greed is at an all time high. Do not join this company if you are a hard worker, an over achiever - or both. You will not be met with reward or recognition for your efforts. COVID has treated Nearmap very kindly - sales are through the roof. So much so, that a statement was released to the ASX on the 4th May saying that we are increasing our FY21 ACV Guidance (which means how much we will sell for the FY). A strong year despite all hurdles is due to the value proposition (less time on site, work remotely ETC), but it is also down to the hard work, professionalism and dedication from the Sales Reps. FY21 efforts were met with unfair increases in targets across the [many different] sales teams. 30-50% increases across the these teams. The real insult is that on top of this our OTE's didn't increase with the targets, which results in you having to sell much more to earn the same money as the year prior. This is the third time in as many years that this has happened, this year being the largest change, and why i feel that enough is enough and i am taking to GlassDoor to share my experience. Nearmap is going to struggle to hold on to their talent, i see many people leaving in the coming months. When word spreads through the industry, they will also have a hard time in recruiting.

9 people found this review helpful

nearmap Response

Everyone at Nearmap is excited about our growth strategy which is focused on incremental market share and adding value to our customers. We personally think this makes good business sense for not only our customers but also our shareholders. We have an attractive remuneration package with significant accelerators in place for our sales teams and we will continue to review our competitiveness in the market. If you still have concerns, please reach out to your manager.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

fun culture, exciting tech

Jul 7, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great offices, the culture was fun, execs open door policy

Cons

can't think of any cons

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice

Jul 3, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of autonomy and trust given to the engineers. Many interesting and challenging technical problems to overcome. Understanding from management that we need the balance of time spending paying the technical debt and adding new features. Salary is highly competitive. Many smart people to learn from and most people will take some extra time to help you out and mentor you.

Cons

Feels like sales team is the focus of senior executives. Feels like Tech Company dressed in the clothes of a salesman.

nearmap Response

Thanks for taking the time to post a review - we love our engineering team

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Product & People

Jun 18, 2021 - Account Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Fantastic product -Good culture -Rewarding commission structure

Cons

-Little to no formalised career progression

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work culture and interesting problems to solve

Jun 16, 2021 - Principal Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large scale problems to solve Great location Great remote working cadence Excellent culture Look after their people

Cons

No downsides i can think of

nearmap Response

Thanks for posting your review and sorry for the delay in responding. We have just announced our new global working philosophy which supports flexibility and personal choice (work from the office / work from home / select a combo - select the working environment that suits you). It's great to think that some of the "pros" you have listed above are aligned with these.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, diverse, open minded

Jun 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm learning a huge amount. Great people. Intimidating at times with how smart the people are. Incredibly accommodating to employees (I have a disability and the level of support around that has been amazing). True diversity of thought exists in the organisation - left wing, right wing, people are quite open minded, which leads to better problem solving and honesty.

Cons

Highly competitive, high expectations, could do with a more holistic focus on creating community. That said it's understandable given the huge growth that this is taking time. The cons are expected - it's a great environment and you need to perform to be in it.

9. 5.0

Very creative, talent people

Jun 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great people to work with 2. Fantastic office 3. Nice project.

Cons

Not that I can think of so far.

10. 5.0

Smooth Interview Process

Jun 16, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interview process was efficient and well structured. A good overview of the role was given by the hiring manager and I was able to ask plenty of questions during the first round to ensure it would be a good fit before progressing so far. 2nd round consisted of a technical assessment and follow up discussion. 3rd round was a F2F with senior leadership. Technical assessment was well scoped and only took a couple of hours to complete. The talent acquisition reps promptly followed up each session and gave feedback, and the 3 formal rounds, plus initial discussion with TA were completed within 2 weeks. Very happy with the overall experience.

Cons

No cons in my experience.

nearmap Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your recruitment experience. As you have now been with us for over 4 months now, we also hope your onboarding experience was just as good.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Reviews