nearmap Reviews

Found 142 of over 149 reviews

3.6
nearmap CEO Rob Newman
Rob Newman
Pros
  • "I left Nearmap for personal reasons but I would recommend the company to someone looking for a technical challenge(in 21 reviews)

• "Great people at lower levels here in the states(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Other than that, I cannot think of any cons specific to Nearmap(in 21 reviews)

• "I would like to start first by saying this review is aimed purely at the Sydney office sales team, not the broader company as a whole(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company with a big future

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best tech stacks I've seen so really interesting work. Some great people to learn from too. Love my team - no politics or egos. Don't have to come into the office and can from home all the time if you want. If you work from the office there is fully stocked kitchen and bar. They look after people.

Cons

There is a lot to do and with vacant roles it puts more pressure on the team. This is not unique to Nearmap at the moment - but can mean there is a lot of pressure.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good company culture

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, collaborative environment with supportive leadership

Cons

Workload in busy periods can be intense

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't waste your time here

Jun 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- nice office location - some nice people -permanent wfh allowed

Cons

- only upper management get promoted: unless you're already a manager or director, don't expect to get a promotion no matter how hard you work. You will see directors get promoted every year, meanwhile you will struggle to get any resemblance of a pay rise over inflation. This year they can't even deliver pay rise on time and have postponed renumeration by serveral months. - collaboration is non existent. there are some nice people but the entire sales function doesn't work well with anybody - execs pretend to be transparent but don't actually say anything of sustenance when it comes to important topics like renumeration and career progression - no culture, didn't even have a christmas party. No body wants to be in the office and no events are held to incentivise people. Exces don't even socialize -nothing special to the package -no onboarding/proper training -will overwork you and then act surprised when you're stressed out and unhappy. will sometimes take your feedback only to dump it in the garbage -our customers get treated terribly and rightfully hate us for it. there are good people doing good work but it gets overshadowed by the overwhelming amount of poor behaviour

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wasting Potential

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office in central location. Great product Game changing potential

Cons

Most management is completely out of their depth. Very little support or collaboration between sales and customer success. Feedback consistently ignored. Staff turnover in customer success and sales is alarming.

2 people found this review helpful

nearmap Response

Thank you for your feedback. We offer many platforms to provide feedback including the Ideas Slack channel, Quarterly Pulse Surveys, Business Updates, an online feedback form, and the newly formed Conversation Corner. If you feel your feedback is being ignored, please escalate it to your executive team member and/or manager. We also encourage you to think about ways to support our management team if you feel they are out of their depth. As a Nearmapper, we are all here to support each other.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

A shame

Apr 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good technology Lots of potential

Cons

Wrong direction Sales team completely under skilled

2 people found this review helpful

nearmap Response

Oh no....what direction do you think we should take? We have incredible products and technology designed by amazing humans (aka Nearmappers), we are growing at an incredible rate, have many loyal and passionate customers, and have a GTM strategy in place to support our customers even further. Our CEO Rob Newman loves feedback and ideas, and you are welcome to Slack him at any time (day or night).

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Meh

Mar 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People were great. Tech is amazing.

Cons

Senior management out of their depth. Poor leadership and paranoid CEO.

4 people found this review helpful

nearmap Response

We are sorry that Nearmap wasn't a great fit for you. We agree that the people and tech are amazing and we are going through some rapid growth which doesn't make everyone comfortable. We have a strong leadership team who are passionate about the company, our people, customers, and shareholders. The feedback we received via our quarterly pulse survey is that Nearmappers have appreciated our CEO's transparency and how approachable he is. We think any decent CEO is somewhat paranoid, especially ones that care so much about their people and the success of the company.

7. 1.0

Nearmap

Mar 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

HR have taken great initiatives to make Nearmap a good place to work. Remote work.

Cons

Executives and managers do not appreciate the hard work we employees put in. Managers need more training.

3 people found this review helpful

nearmap Response

We are pleased you have enjoyed some of the initiatives we have put in place including our new working philosophy, the Nearmap Wellbeing and [IN]SPIRE recognition programs, and of course our quarterly YOU day (one day a quarter to take time out just for yourself). Thanks to your feedback we now know that we need to do a better job at really showing how much you and the work you do is appreciated. You will also be pleased to know that manager enablement is a priority focus.

8. 2.0

Nearmap is a mixed bag

Feb 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office space in Barangaroo

Cons

- Say that priority is staff retention and benefits but over the last 12 months , nothing had changed - Don’t listen to staff

1 person found this review helpful

nearmap Response

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We agree that our office in Barangaroo is pretty amazing and it is awesome to see so many Nearmappers returning to enjoy the space. Over the past 12 - 24 months our priority has actually been on the health and safety of our team members. We have continued to evolve our benefits based on feedback from all Nearmappers located in Australia and North America, and last year announced generous changes to our parental leave policy, introduced bereavement leave for when a pet sadly passes away, communicated the introduction of a quarterly YOU day (which doesn't impact any other leave entitlements), and the list goes on. We are also very committed to putting the right platforms in place so Nearmappers have the opportunity to provide feedback. These will continue to evolve over time as we listen to our team members and make improvements as we grow.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Understand management strategy and know where you stand

Sep 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They can paint a picture of what they want to be and take you with them. Obviously, the company has grown and has come along a long way but there is a longer way.

Cons

HR Things only might look exciting when you are in a certain part of business and for the rest it is just very normal. NO VALUE FOR WORK DONE - GET SENT HOME EASILY CALLING REDUNDANCY Career progression - promise and word games - can't find better wordsmiths Think before you join. If you have other options choose them over this company

7 people found this review helpful

nearmap Response

You are absolutely right, we have significantly grown, have come along way in a short amount of time, and have an exciting ambition. Different things excite different people and we are sorry to hear that Nearmap wasn't the right place for you.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good teamwork, Nearmappers are friendly and approachable

Cons

We're in lockdown so can't enjoy our nice office

nearmap Response

YAY! We are out of lockdown. Have you enjoyed the office in Barangaroo yet?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Reviews

nearmap Reviews FAQs

nearmap has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 149 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at nearmap to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, nearmap employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at nearmap. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

60% of nearmap employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated nearmap 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with nearmap Job Seekers