nearmap Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 12, 2021

Found 9 of over 146 reviews

3.8
nearmap CEO Rob Newman
Rob Newman
Pros
  • "I left Nearmap for personal reasons but I would recommend the company to someone looking for a technical challenge(in 21 reviews)

• "Great people at lower levels here in the states(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Other than that, I cannot think of any cons specific to Nearmap(in 21 reviews)

• "I would like to start first by saying this review is aimed purely at the Sydney office sales team, not the broader company as a whole(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very creative, talent people

Jun 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great people to work with 2. Fantastic office 3. Nice project.

Cons

Not that I can think of so far.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, diverse, open minded

Jun 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm learning a huge amount. Great people. Intimidating at times with how smart the people are. Incredibly accommodating to employees (I have a disability and the level of support around that has been amazing). True diversity of thought exists in the organisation - left wing, right wing, people are quite open minded, which leads to better problem solving and honesty.

Cons

Highly competitive, high expectations, could do with a more holistic focus on creating community. That said it's understandable given the huge growth that this is taking time. The cons are expected - it's a great environment and you need to perform to be in it.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sales company

Jun 29, 2021 - Software Developer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of great people

Cons

No leadership. quick to let good people go. Sales is the only thing that drives the company

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and product!

Sep 11, 2019 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and product. Lots of events to keep staff happy. Great office.

Cons

Long hours with lots to do.

1 person found this review helpful

nearmap Response

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and sorry it has taken so long to acknowledge it! Long hours are tough and we hope you have managed to get some sort of life/work balance.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ugly politics

Nov 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Food. Good product. Great people (aside from Management).

Cons

No middle aged peers. Seems ageist. Company is obsessed with everyone being the same cheesy personality like a Tech factory. Too many office events and you are looked at strangely for wanting to go home and keep work/life separate. Current Management appalling dynamic and behaviour.

26 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Not bad.

Mar 30, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not as bad as some of the other reviews make it seem - if you can get through your probation period (good luck), then you'll have a fairly well paying stable job, with some great people around.

Cons

Very high turnover. Expertise is often ignored in favour of opinions of management. Not much in the way of company culture.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Transparency is the key

Oct 12, 2021 - Sales Enablement Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent, great people Solves real problem

Cons

not matching 401K thats about it for now

nearmap Response

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We are always looking into new benefits and ways to improve, and 401k is on that list.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

former employee

May 2, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people at lower levels here in the states. Process and Sales were as expected but Australian leadership had no clue as to what was going on. After a super expensive and typical startup sales meeting at the most expensive resort in Utah the hammer fell. CEO was released. The external sales team had unreachable targets and the axe continued to fall. Nearmap has really cool technology and intense imagery but failed in marketing and a viable value statement.

Cons

Led by some of the worst people managers I have experienced. No transparency or communication. Sure its about sales but as a relative startup in the states you have to people in country to understand delivery. As a hunter, it still bugs me that we had such lofty goals for a very low average sale.. Top producers were eliminated without so much as a review or warning....

14 people found this review helpful

SVP and GM, North America

Thanks for your advice and comments. Although I wasn't with the company yet - I have heard stories about the 2015 Sales Kickoff at the Montage and how it was a little over the top. Things have changed quite a bit over the past couple of years since that event. The changes have been focused on making Nearmap a great place to join and build a long standing career. We do have a new CEO, new US leadership, new achievable quotas, and accelerators to reward top performance. We also continue to advance the "cool technology and intense imagery" you mentioned supported by some really great marketing to get the word out. I encourage you to checkout our website https://go.nearmap.com to see all the new changes going on. Thanks again for your comments.

9. 4.0

Bright Future

Dec 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits (insurance coverage) Great pay Sales team is fantastic, and the support team continues to grow with great people Fantastic senior leadership now in place, where before it was terrible

Cons

Still figuring some operational issues out Slower coming to market with some tech, but at least we are given roadmaps and timelines for these releases. Office space currently is lacking character, but is getting upgraded soon.

1 person found this review helpful