nearmap Employee Reviews about "sales team"

Updated Jul 3, 2021

Found 6 of over 146 reviews

3.8
nearmap CEO Rob Newman
Rob Newman
Pros
  • "I left Nearmap for personal reasons but I would recommend the company to someone looking for a technical challenge(in 21 reviews)

• "Great people at lower levels here in the states(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Other than that, I cannot think of any cons specific to Nearmap(in 21 reviews)

• "I would like to start first by saying this review is aimed purely at the Sydney office sales team, not the broader company as a whole(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "sales team"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice

Jul 3, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of autonomy and trust given to the engineers. Many interesting and challenging technical problems to overcome. Understanding from management that we need the balance of time spending paying the technical debt and adding new features. Salary is highly competitive. Many smart people to learn from and most people will take some extra time to help you out and mentor you.

Cons

Feels like sales team is the focus of senior executives. Feels like Tech Company dressed in the clothes of a salesman.

Be the first to find this review helpful

nearmap Response

Thanks for taking the time to post a review - we love our engineering team

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unprofessional & Toxic Sales Environment

Jan 18, 2020 - Sales in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office Location The Product Company perks and incentives Work life balance

Cons

Sales Management Career Progression Lack of product innovation Exec team out of touch I would like to start first by saying this review is aimed purely at the Sydney office sales team, not the broader company as a whole. After a lengthy tenure at Nearmap i felt compelled to warn anyone who is potentially considering a role in the sales team in Sydney. The environment/culture here is the worst i have ever been apart of. Every week there is a new scandal of gossip and high school behaviour. New starters are exiled unless they agree to participate in excessive alcohol consumption on a daily basis. The long term managers in particular set the worst example possible and have no qualifications to justify the position they are in. The attrition rate is close to 50% as high performers/managers and new starters leave en mass due to the lack of direction, professionalism and unchecked bullying that is handed out by certain members of staff. I can't stress enough that this is not a company you want to be apart of in it's current state. It's a shame because the product has huge potential, other teams within the business are great but until particular toxic staff move on the reality show that has become Nearmap's sales team will never change.

16 people found this review helpful

nearmap Response

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Nearmap wasn't the best and hope that you have found somewhere else to develop your sales career. Since your review, we have made a number of changes, and we will continue to create a safe, diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Consultant

May 24, 2017 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has a good CEO who is employee friendly and accessible/approachable Company provides breakfast, lunch, variety of snacks, fruits, drinks, cultural events, ping pong table etc.

Cons

Sydney Sales team leadership is completely political. They manipulate and bend rules. Difficult to work under such circumstances. Marketing- not that dynamic. In this digital world, still many do not know Nearmap.

4 people found this review helpful

VP, People and Culture

Thanks for your comment. Earlier this year we hired a new VP of Sales and a new VP of Marketing for the Australian business and we are already seeing the rewards for doing so. More on marketing. The approach during the start-up phase has been laser-sharp targeting over broad awareness, so that the limited funding available is invested in other key business areas ie coverage, technology, product etc. Nearmap has delivered strong results YoY, testament that this strategy has worked. With the expansion into other markets (the US and pilot in NZ), continued growth in Australia, and amazing product we’re ready to take our marketing efforts to the next level. Stay tuned…you’ll be hearing a lot more about Nearmap and its successes. And if you’re a trail blazer – always challenging the status quo – and you’re reading this, we want to get to know you. Contact us careers@nearmap.com

4. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Challenging & diverse software environment; startup feel; popular & unique product

Apr 12, 2015 - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Note that this is from the perspective of a contract software engineer, working at nearmap for about 8 months so far. As the title says: - Challenging & diverse software environment, including cutting-edge technologies (Go, Docker, AngularJS) - Unique product with many enthusiastic users - Startup feel - you won't be confined to a narrow role & will have opportunities to make a big impact on UX & architecture - Work with smart engineers with architectural vision Also: - Work alongside good Product & Ops teams. - MacBook Pros & big monitors. - Flexible hours & dress code. - Central location (just by Circular Quay). - Free snacks & generous social events.

Cons

Some cons: - Hard to get started in a new area of the tech as there's a lot of documentation debt. - Complex deployed environments. - Some pain points for engineers in deployment to staging & production environments. - CTO's focus doesn't cover the whole engineering team. In my 8 months I have noticed high turnover in the sales team - clearly a sign of some problem - but this seems to be reducing. Despite the negative comments on GlassDoor about the CEO, I've never seen him behaving other than in a professional manner.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not too good to be true

Jan 14, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible product that truly helps our customers. Big enough that we don't have the start up risk but small enough that each person is a key contributor with potential to grow.

Cons

The headquarters are in AU so depending on your role, you can have meetings late into the evening. Doesn't affect the sales team

Be the first to find this review helpful

nearmap Response

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We agree that our product is pretty incredible and love helping our customers. I have passed on your advice to management and hope you have (or will see) some changes.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

US Sales People - Stay Away!

Mar 4, 2016 - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good people. No bad eggs , bad attitudes - Good benefits package

Cons

Where to start.... 1. US is a sinking ship. No leadership in place. Have to go to Australia for everything, and the Australians no zero about how to sell in the US 2. Product is simply not good enough. US sales team sells a stripped down version of the product they sell in Australia. Prospects have no interest in spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on imagery they can already get for free in the states. 3. Have never seen so much turnover at a company 4. Having to go to Australia for EVERYTHING you need, and waiting a day if not more for an answer to a simple question 5. You will not make any commission. 6. Their average deal size in US is 2k a YEAR

22 people found this review helpful