next Sales Team Reviews

Updated 25 Mar 2020

3.3
next CEO Simon Wolfson
Simon Wolfson
  1. "Good short-term work"

Former Contractor - Sales Support Team Member in London, England

I worked at next

Pros

Flexible work available and reasonable pay

Cons

Night shift hours given even if you did not agree

next2020-03-25
  2. "Okay"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Sales Consultant/Delivery Team in Basildon, South East England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at next for less than a year

Pros

Lots of hours, get to listen to music while working, allowed to chat and take a break when you want

Cons

Clear favouritism of staff who have been there for a long time and don't want to have careers. If you're just there for now and have intentions for bigger things than retail you are treated badly, as all the young people were. The older people were treated much better and allowed to leave/go home/take phone calls when it evolved their kids. We had to stand up all day packing clothes even though the job could have easily been done sitting down. It gave me terrible back pain. Weren't allowed to listen to music/headphones, instead had to listen to the manager's terrible music all day. I'm so sick of Dua Lipa, Dance Monkey and Higher Love. Some of the staff acted like we were saving lives and if we put the tag one inch lower than it was supposed to go someone would die. Chill, it's just retail. The training wasn't great. They taught us the basics but changed the rules every week. They also asked us to do things we hadn't been trained to do and just expected us to know how to do it. Older members of staff would get annoyed if we asked for help. Some days I would come in and there would be no work for me to do so they would give me random tasks which I wasn't trained for. Not enough time to scan and hang everything.

next2020-02-19
  3. "Okay, not great"

Current Employee - Sales Team

I have been working at next part-time

Pros

Easy to pick up extra shifts or offer them up to colleagues Staff discount

Cons

Work is boring and company always expects you to be doing something even if store is dead

next2020-01-28

next Response

February 4, 2020

Sounds like someone has enjoyed the shift marketplace scheme we have for all our retail teams. Always handy when you need to swap your shift if you have plans.

4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Oxford, England

I have been working at next part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Friendly coworkers Challenging but fun

Cons

None that I can think of

Continue reading
    next2020-01-05

next Response

February 12, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you so much for your positive review and listing all of the great pro's about working here. We wish you a long and successful career with us!

5. "Good place to work but not long term"

2.0
    Current Contractor - Sales Team in Gloucester, England

I have been working at next for less than a year

Pros

-you can easily pick up and offer shifts using their employee portal

Cons

- min wage even on holidays - no really opp for progression - can get boring quite easily

next2020-01-08
  6. "Very very good, but...."

Current Employee - Sales Team in Basingstoke, England

I have been working at next part-time for less than a year

Pros

95% off staff were lovely Very friendly Always an opportunity to pick up extra shifts

Cons

Kind of obvious but working over Christmas. I was asked and given: Friday evening Saturday off Sunday morning Monday all day Tuesday all day Christmas Eve Thursday morning Boxing Day Pay was hogher than my friends but lower than some others places

next2019-12-03
  7. "Overall a good first experience"

Former Employee - Sales Team Member
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at next part-time

Pros

General team were nice, some of management weren't amazing but i enjoyed my time there. Developed good relationships with customers.

Cons

Other colleagues wouldn't give the same amount of effort you put into working the shop floor. 15 min breaks on 5 hour shifts were pointless - could barely do anything. Some people would go missing from shop floor.

next2019-12-01
  8. "All the work put on you so the managers can deal with admin"

Current Employee - Sales Team

I have been working at next part-time

Pros

over time is always available

Cons

large workload for the amount you get paid

next2019-12-15
  9. "Good and bad"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I worked at next part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount, working wardrobe allowance, great team members

Cons

Poor pay, no holidays over sales, made to working Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.

next2019-11-26
  10. "Horrible"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Birmingham, England

I worked at next full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bonuses, double pay sale day, some of the people who work there, staff discount

Cons

Management is horrible, mine didn’t even know my name while trying to tell me how to do my job which is laughable and the other manager is extremely rude , hours are horrendous your on your feet all day, low wage even if you work there for years, have to work from 6am Boxing Day, just in general a job that made me and other employees miserable . This is the fort shopping center next so avoid working at that one

Continue reading