Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

1,316 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details They emailed me about a month after I applied for the position. There was a 15 minute interview during which the interviewer asked several questions about past sales and leadership experience. They never got back to me. I feel as though the position is advertised falsely. They call it a management position, but I wasn't asked any questions about anything related to management.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Phone interview. Pretty basic background questions. What attracted you to the company and what makes you a good candidate. Describe your selling experiences. Both a time you made a mistake and a time where you had to up sell something

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you convinced a customer to buy something they weren't wanting to buy   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details The interview is a 3-step process. The three interviews are not all that different from one another, just that they are with different levels of management at each stage. I wouldn't say the interviews are all that difficult, typical interview questions. They are just looking for professionalism. It's key that you're able to work your butt off, be able to handle long hours, difficult customer situations, and are willing to learn every step of the way. Many questions will be behavioral on how you've handled situations in the past. With every interview it's important to know what your goals are and where you want to be.

Interview Question – They will make you sit in the branch or about 10 to 15 minutes to watch how they store operates, and how employees interact with customers. Be as observant as possible and try to think of all the pros and cons of what you see - What did they do well? What could they improve? What is the overall impression of Enterprise employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is non-negotiable for the most part, especially when first joining the company as a management trainee.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Initial interview was by phone with the HR Associate. After your first phone interview, you meet with the branch and/or area manager for a second interview. The final interview was with the area manager's boss (forgot his position) If you make it to the third interview, you basically have the job.

Interview Question – Questions about the company or scenarios. ex. " Describe a time when you...." Be prepared to ask questions at the end.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Westbrook, ME (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online through the Enterprise website. Received an email within 5 days from a hiring person, scheduled a phone interview which was less than 10 minutes, met in person with area manager. First real interview and was much easier than expected. Very friendly people at all stages.

Interview Question – None, difficult customer situation, what is customer service to you, where do you see yourself after school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Central Junction, GA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details I applied for two positions with this organization in central Georgia in early April 2014.

Interview Question – Unfortunately, no one has either acknowledged or made contact with me by phone or by e-mail.   Answer Question

Springfield, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted within a few days through the HR Talent Acquisition guy. Phone interview with him was very pleasant, he was very positive about my work experience, my college degree, and my answers to his questions. Because the position had to be filled quickly I was scheduled for a second interview and branch observation (1.5 hours from my home) 3 days later.

The branch observation was awkward because I literally was told to just sit there and watch while customers came though. Interview with the Area Manager lasted an hour and a half, which I thought was a good sign. She seemed EXTREMELY full of herself and her own accomplishments but was also quite positive about my own work experience and education, even though it wasn't directly related to the business/sales environment that they have at Enterprise. Because I mentioned my interest in world affairs/economics she kept asking if I was sure that Enterprise would be "intellectually stimulating" enough for me. Even though a lot of my experience directly out of college was in the nonprofit sector (AmeriCorps) she still seemed to like me and, except for her tooting her own horn so much, she seemed like a good boss to work for.

The third interview came 2 hours later through their video conference room with the next guy up, not sure his position, I think maybe Regional Vice President. Within a few minutes, it was quite obvious that he didn't like anything about me. He basically ridiculed my work experience, even asking me "So, you graduated in December of 2012, you're 24 years old, why no career yet?" Personally, I don't think that 24 years is old is anything to be ashamed of not having a definite career path yet, but that's just me I guess. I had been interested in Enterprise's Management Trainee program for over a year, but prior commitments (AmeriCorps) had delayed my application. However, I had taken the time using Glassdoor, Indeed, and friends who had experience with Enterprise to write out about 5 pages of likely interview questions and answers for them and studied them prior to the interview as to feel confident and not surprised. I was hardly asked any of these questions because the entire time he was just harping on how different my job experience was to what Enterprise was. I told him I was aware of that but tried to relate a lot of what I had done (I was actually in charge of gathering and analyzing data at my AmeriCorps job, so it wasn't all just working with kids). I did the Disney College Program directly out of college and he of course thought that was ridiculous. He asked me what other jobs I had applied for and even though the companies were very different than Enterprise, they were all sales/marketing/manager type positions but he kept telling me how he wasn't convinced I wanted to work for Enterprise because those jobs were all so different. As politely as I could, I tried to explain how they were similar positions, just not at a rental car company. I also tried to often cite the research I had done on the company, noting the various backgrounds/majors/careers that many of the now top executives had before they started at Enterprise but it was to no avail. I mean, even the HR guy I first spoke with told me he had been a teacher for several years before becoming a Manager Trainee!! I also tried to explain how my smart financial/academic choices had allowed me to graduate with my bachelor's degree debt free which is why I felt compelled to work for AmeriCorps, to give back a little since I felt I had been given a lot of great opportunities. Again, he wasn't impressed with this sentiment. Since my AmeriCorps job had been working with 6-8th graders, he even had the nerve to say that working with kids was not at all comparable to working with adults at Enterprise who are much more "demanding." He obviously hasn't been around middle schoolers in quite some time. It was obvious that I wasn't going to get the job but then he threw out a few random questions like "Which of Enterprise's products would you be most excited about selling?" "Give me your sales pitch for it." He did say that he thought I seemed smart, professional, polite, and well-spoken but it was pretty obvious that I wouldn't be getting the job if he had the final say. 3 days later I got an email saying they had chosen one of their other many qualified applicants.

I don't want to say that it was overall negative, because at least they are quick in responsiveness and at least they did grant me several interviews. I honestly do think the MT program is a cool program that really cuts down on nepotism within a company but the atmosphere did a seem a bit cult-ish. I felt very good about the first two interviews but my third interview was just not positive at all.

Interview Question – "What is your philosophy on Customer Service and Sales?"   Answer Question

Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details I received a call from an Enterprise Recruiter. They wanted me to come down to interview. Office was shabby, people were aggressive, and I was waiting for 30 minutes after arriving on time.

I wouldn't want to wash cars all day anyway, but the interview was unnecessarily probing and arrogant. I was honestly relieved I could do more with my life.

Interview Question – Why would you succeed here with no sales experience?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Interview Details Applied online and the following day I was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, which lasted for about 25 minutes. She talked about the overall job functions and asked me general questions about myself.

Interview Question – How do you feel about washing cars?   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

Interview Details Saw an ad on LinkedIn and applied through the website. About a week later I got a call from talent acquisition. She asked me a few questions over the phone such as why I wanted to work for the company. Then she asked me when I could come in for an interview. This interview went well and then she called me the next day to schedule another interview with the area manager and a branch manager.

Interview Question – Questions were behavioural and about my resume. Based on sales, competitiveness and customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have only received a verbal offer so far. After they do the background check, you get the official offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car interview questions and advice. All 1,316 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.