Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
1,484 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Management Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details The process was good. Had a phone interview with HR, then a in person interview with HR and also a in person interview with Area Manager. The process went well, but I ended up declining the offer, it is a good role to start off, but I have heard that it is a customer service position fully and you need to wear a suit to wash cars.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1- 10, how competitive are you ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking for more of an analytical role. This position is good for customer service and sales. Pretty easy to get this positon for new college grads.

Management Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

Interview Details Applied online. After 4 interviews I was offered the job. Met with the internal requiter, branch manager, assistant manager and final interview with the area manager, offered the job by internal

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Applied online. Recruiter contacted within 1 week. Very easy interview. Be yourself. 1 week for phone interview and in person with recruiter. 2 week for branch observation and interview. 1 week in training (hotel and expenses paid).

Interview Question – Answer questions, give examples and details.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details Many interviews for a simple job title that hires kids straight out of college. Recruiters are energetic but branch managers not as much. They ask you to do a phone interview in person interview and to shadow an store for about 2 hours. Manager for 3rd interview was not really writing down answers to questions. It appears interview was only being done because they were asked to do it. No actual interest in filling a position.

Interview Question – What was a time you faced a difficult task at work?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to work anywhere where the energy was low. Also found out turnover was high. Probably due to hiring college students with no work experience.

Management Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details 3 step process. i first received a phone call and had a brief interview. i was asked questions about why i was interested in the position and why i wanted to leave my current job. the recruiter then scheduled an in person interview with him and at that interview he asked me a lot of customer service based questions and if/how i have ever encountered situations. i then had another interview a few days later at the actual location that i would potentially be working at. the first hour was for observation and the second hour was an interview with the branch manager and the area manager. they asked a lot of the same questions as the recruiter.

Interview Question – have you ever had conflict with the people on your team and if so what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA (US)

Interview Details Interview process consisted of initial phone interview followed by three in-person interviews.

The phone interview was very much a standard. Who are you? How did you find out about Enterprise? What's your history? etc...

The first in-person interview was with the same person. It a little over an hour long. Questions were along the lines of using examples in the past to show how you solved problems, etc..

The second interview was with the Area Manager and one of the branch managers. This person wanted to see personality.

The third interview was with the Regional Vice-President. This person really wanted to make sure I was a good fit, questioning anything that might not line up, or just going into further detal.

It took about 10 days to get a response after that.

Interview Question – What am I most proud of?   Answer Question

Management Training Interview

Management Training

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Phone interview
1 on 1 interview with talent acquisition
Shadowed at a local branch for about an hr just to see how things were then had an interview with area manager later that day. Entire process took about 7-10 days

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Sales Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details I applied for the sales management trainee position. I received an email to set up a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview is just basic questions about your driving record and experience, and mostly explaining the position, hours and salary. They will stress the fact that you are expected to work at least 48 hours a week.

The first in-person interview was with human resources. She was very pleasant and made the interview go very well. She asked a lot of questions about how I would react to specific situations and wanted to get a general view of how well I could think critically and communicate. The interview lasted an hour. I did a lot of research on the company and wrote answers to several questions, so that I would have something to reference. In order to make it more natural, speak slowly, eye contact, and allow yourself some pauses so that it doesn't sound like you're reading off the answers you typed the night before. I could tell she was happy with the answers that I gave because she would smile and reiterate the points I hit on the nail. In the end, she explained the management trainee track and invited me to do a second interview. I called her back that day to let her know I wanted to move forward and sent a thank you email.

At the second interview, I went to the actual branch I would be working. I met with the area manager and branch manager. The branch manager asked me some questions and took me around. I met all of the employees and had a brief conversation with one of the them. Then, I was taken to the office where I was interviewed by both managers at the same time. They asked me SEVERAL questions, very similar to the first interview but more in depth. I could not read them very well and it was very intense but I answered all of the questions as best as possible. They explained more of what the job actual entailed and were very up front about the good and the bad. They told me they would get back to me. I was there for a little over 2 hours. I didn't get their cards so I did not send a follow-up email but I received a call two days later to set up the third interview. After the second interview, I felt much more relaxed because I'm sure they wouldn't send you to a third interview with the regional manager if they didn't feel confident that you were a good candidate.

The third interview was with the regional manager. He was very welcoming and made me very comfortable. He asked maybe only 1 interview-type questions. I assume he knew that I'd already been asked those questions already. He seemed to want to know who I really am and whether I would be a good fit for the company. Furthermore, he really wanted to make sure I was in it for the long haul. I answered him genuinely and showed my interest. He stopped at about 30 minutes and told me, he thought I would do well and offered me the position. I accepted and sent him and the HR manager thank you emails.

The interview process was very intense and took two weeks from beginning to end and everyone was very kind but straightforward. I didn't experience any intimidation tactics or mind games. Just be confident, do your research, anticipate questions, eye contact, show interest, speak clearly and relax!

Interview Question – When have you gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Part-time Driver Interview

Part-time Driver
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

Interview Details It was a quick on the phone interview. Then I had an interview with two of the Supervisors in person. After five days of the interview, I was offered the position, at minimum wage.

Interview Question – I was asked what is the most difficult person that I had to deal with on my last position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. They were firm on the pay.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!