Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated 18 Nov 2014
1,592 Interview Reviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
    Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interviewing for Enterprise Rent-A-Car is quit a long hiring process. It was comprised of an initial online application, a couple of phone interviews, an in-person interview with the talent acquisition manager, and a final interview with the area manager. The final interview day included an observation day at one of the local branches.

Online Booking Interview

Interviewer was tired at the end of the week and shared that with me. Very quick interview with limited questions about personal ability, rather they were more concerned with availability and how you could be useful to them. My perception was they were looking to fill a position and weren't very concerned with the person who filled the role.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the internet in your house went out?   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I got to the second interview which was with a branch mgr and an area mgr. They both seemed nice. Asked me personality based questions and experiences. Thought I aced the interview but not in a cocky way, I was just proud of myself. Well they said I did great! And told me they hire mainly ppl (guys) right out of college who played football or another sport that were competitive. I knew that wasn't me but I have 15 yrs with customer service and I have competitiveness in me, so I didn't think much of it. They told me I would hear within the next 48hrs... Well my 48hr window passed so I sent a follow up note. 2 weeks later I get an email saying they decided to pass i was not only shocked but hurt they took so long to tell me no.

Interview Questions
    • When are 3 times you had to show competitive spirit toward something....   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Usually a 3 step process, want to learn about how competitive you are, sales, willingness to be flexible and personality. Ask for the job at the end of each step.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Everything was straight forwar.d.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

After I applied online, I was contacted within 5 days. The first interview/phone screening lasted about 15 minutes. Basic information was asked: Why are you interested in this company? Tell me about yourself? etc. The woman on the other end of the line then discussed what the job entailed: 50+ hours a week, weekends, etc. She then set me up for another phone interview 3 days later with another HR woman. This interview was far more in depth. A lot of STAR and behavioral questions, but I felt prepared. Personal Sales Goals/Experience was by far and way the most important topic discussed. Much of my sales experience comes from retail and is very team oriented (Sales Goals for the store rather than personal). After the interview, I concluded that this was probably not the right company for me. I remember reading a review of this company days before the interview which stated, "A company for Type A personalities." After the interview I came to the same conclusion. Regardless, it is a great company with a phenomenal sales training program. A few days after, I received a notification stating that they had moved on to other candidates. In a way, I felt a sense of relief since I had lost interest at this point.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you stay with us if you received a better offer from another employer?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Started with a phone interview and then a set of in-person interviews. The phone interview questions are fairly basic: are you eligible to work in the US?, etc. The in-person interviews delved more into the resume and work experience. Not too hard of an interview and the people were very friendly. Wasn't too fond of the location, however.

Management Trainee - Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Very easy application form to fill out, within 3 days received an offer for a phone interview. Phone interview was very short, just asked basic questions relating to my application and CV. Then invited to a 1 to 1 interview. Was largely competency based, but felt at ease and was more of a conversation. Basic questions surrounding the Values of enterprise (Check website) e.g. when have you dealt with an irate customer? Have now been invited to a second interview which will be at a branch with a branch manager. I have been told to expect the same sort of questions.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Easy, very generic interview questions and they seem to hire the majority of people, especially if you have some sort of sales experience. I know some people who did not get the offer (rare) but they had zero sales experience. Enterprise management trainee program is less about management and more about training.

there was not one

Management Trainee Interview

Interview process can be long and drawn out for no reason. They are always hiring and you most likely will be hired. They just want to know that you have anything close to sales experience, you are energetic, competitive and that you are trainable.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes your job will call for you to wash cars would you be okay with that?   Answer Question
    pay/schedule not negotiable