Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Your peers are smart, but the culture is harsh

Software Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsAmazon hires very smart people. Getting hired is hard, but you will work with some of the brightest engineers out there.

The total compensation is nice. Do not flinch at having part of your compensation be RSUs. Even if stock price goes down, your compensation will be adjusted. Because Amazon sees RSU as part of the compensation, they will fix it with market fluctuations. There really is only upside. No, you won't retire on RSU....won't buy a house....maybe a nice car is stock goes through the roof.

ConsThe culture is one that encourages harsh behavior. If you present an idea or argument and can't back it up with data or facts - prepare to be humiliated. I tend to see folks last < 1 year or more than 5 years. In other words, you either are cut out for this environment or you're not.

The more senior the position (as management or as an individual contributor) the more aggressive you need to be.

Great company!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: good employer with good chances Cons: salary and bonuses are not too high More

Entrepreneurial setting

Product Manager (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Culture, Culture, Culture Autonomy Compensation Location Learning curve Corporate events Cons: Ambiguity No cafeteria more and more consultant driven long hours Few best practices/ common… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!