Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,796 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

ProsAmazon.com is a very solid company growing larger every day with a lot of potential for advancement and a long career.
Very good benefits...

ConsIn my opinion, the biggest con of working at Amazon.com was Amazons production rates system - you have to meet a minimum rate of work which is ,of course, understandable because items have to be stocked on the shelves and orders need to get shipped out to customers but it's constantly thrown at you from team leads/managers,"get your rate up!" I feel that Amazon gets a little over zealous with rates...
Amazon.com uses a point system for being absent, tardy and clocking out early/clocking in late etc. If you accumulate a total of 6 points, Amazon.com will terminate you (unless you have a doctors excuse, etc.) The point system didn't effect me as I went to work every day and was always (and always have been) punctual to my jobs but it really bugged me. I know that employers have to put rules in place to hold their employees accountable and force employees to be responsible but instead of feeling like a valued employee It made me feel like I was in the 6th grade...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't forget about your hard working associates who may not have the highest rates but are always there working hard giving it their all to do the very best job they can do, thank you...

liked the people and culture

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros: colleagues are smart, driven, and very efficient. Cons: can't really think of anything Advice to Senior Management: no comment – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wonderful company culture, pretty good pay and benefits, chance of poor work/life balance

Software Development Engineer I (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Everyone at Amazon is smart and fun to work with and do not subscribe to the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) that plagues software so big… Cons: Different teams at Amazon have wildly different experiences, which range from poor to awesome. Some teams have operational issues that basically turn their SDE's… Advice to Senior Management: Hire support engineers. SDE's maintaining their own software to promote quality sounds like a good idea, except employee turnover… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.